Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. HatesSnow

HatesSnow Waiting for Summer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in this. Are you still thinking about it?

I run your LED headlight bulb replacements in both my Tiger 800 and Monster and I've been super impressed and happy with both. I recommend them to everyone. The Tiger has had them for over 5 years now with no issues.
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you So much!
    yes there have been several customers now that have used the DRL on the Auroras as blinkers. Brian in the shop has been helping customers with the setup.
    We are more than happy to help.
    HatesSnow likes this.
  3. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    It might not involve lighting, But I started Cyclops out of a personal need to ride more. I'm happy to have spread that passion to my family.
    Im more proud to have my Son Wes getting out and doing what he loves, Here he is featured in a add for Maxima oils. We are not here to only make a buck, we live eat and breath bikes of all types.

[​IMG]
    DRV, ohgood, NinjaRider and 1 other person like this.
  4. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    trailrider383 likes this.
  6. RC Pilot

RC Pilot Shut up and fly!

Oddometer:
    @Off Road Ryder

I see on the Cyclops site, that you offer a kit for the Hayabusa. A little research showed me that the 07-16 Bandits ( excluding the FA models ) use the same headlight bulb adapter ( for both positions ) that the Hayabusa uses in one position. Do you think your bulb/adapter used for the H7 position in the Busa kit would work in a Bandit? If so, would a Bandit kit with two of those lights be available?
  7. tgeliot

tgeliot Topher

Oddometer:
    I'm in the middle of installing a Diamondstar headlight modulator on my bike, and noticed that it says "will not work with LEDs". Absent any other info, I'll believe them. Do you have any experience with modulators?
    Thanks
  8. ubermick

ubermick Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Am eyeing a set of these for my incoming F700GS, and keep flip flopping between the standard version with the Skene, or the DRL version. Decisions, decisions...

Also, looks like (at the moment) the only mounting option is to add crash bars, and mount them there?

And um... I know there's the ol' inmate discount, but are there any plans for some Black Friday action? ;)
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Ubermick That can be a hard choice both are really good. I can say the non DRL version is a little more potent than the DRL version, but that DRL ring is pretty cool and useful. WE can setup the DRL with the skene dimmer, Its a good idea to add a switch to disable the main Aux light during the day,(if going with the DRL's) that way you get more visibility out of the amber DRL ring. WE do fall down on mounts for the 700, with most everything up near the cowl being plastic, we just dont have a great solution that we feel good about offering.
    I dont think we will be offering a site wide Black Thursday sale this year due to a shortage of Cree emitters for our bulb products. But if you contact me via phone message or email I can help out.
    ubermick likes this.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the late reply. Yes the KLR kit uses two of the bulbs setup with the proper spacers to fit the bikes with the H7 adaptor.
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports....njaGoldwing-LED-Headlight-Bulb-Kit_p_100.html
  11. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks I'm not a personal fan of modulators, but understand some do really like them. Yes the Kissan modulator will work with our LED bulbs. So why don't I like modulators? Its a personal decision for me. How many times have you heard of a driver plowing into a fire truck, police car, service vehicle or other flashing lights on the side of the road. It happens all the time. We have enough to think about and be aware of while riding, I just don't need to add to that.
  12. ubermick

ubermick Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No probs. Literally tossed a coin, and went with the amber running light option and a set of the crash bar mounts. Lookin' forward to getting them. And no worries on additional discounts, appreciate you guys looking out for us inmates.
    outbacktm and Off Road Ryder like this.
  13. RC Pilot

RC Pilot Shut up and fly!

Oddometer:
  14. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you So Much!
    ubermick likes this.
  15. Whoscook

Whoscook Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello quick question. Am I understanding this correct I can take off my turn signals and use the aurora drl wired as tun signals? With the lights coming on as high beams? I’ve got a wrr and find myself in the dark a lot this time of year. Would I have instructions on how to wire this up bike specific included? Thanks
  16. sacto929

sacto929 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello, are there any current ADVrider discounts available?
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hello Sacto Thank you Yes the highly creative code of adv will always bring inmates a discount.
    Trailrider200, Kwafo, StuartV and 2 others like this.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hello Yes you could do that with The Aurora DRLs, we have had quite a few riders do so. Here is the issue, one we will be working on in the future.. If you don't have the main aux light on all is well, but once you turn the main light on, no one will see the blinker action, it gets washed out with the Auxiliary light beam. There are crossovers developed to drop the light out,(like in a modern auto) but we have not done our own or tested these products. On bike specific instructions, if there is not a kit associated with the bike, the instructions will be generic. On the wrr we do not have a kit per say, but install is pretty easy we include a full relayed wire harness with all lighting kits, run the main power wires to the battery, relay trigger wire to the high beams and your done with the auxiliary light portion, for the DRl run the power wire to a switched power source. on the WR that is likely the parking or tail light power wire. if setting up for blinkers you would need to run that power wire and ground to the blinker wires and may need a LED flasher or resistors. Possibly a diode kit for the single indicator dash.
    We have at least 3 techs ready too help via phone or email, but the blinker Idea might be a little more than what you want to get into, at least for now.. We will work on that kit asap.
    Sorry for the long winded response:)
    dstutz likes this.
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    These little lights just keep on getting better, soon the amber covers will finally be available. Now available in plug and play kits for the T7, KTM790, 390 and 890ADV. We are also happy to announce our alliance with Hex can. Starting very soon cyclops lights will be available with the HEX can for those canbus finicky bikes we do not already have a kit for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NSFW and Ceugster like this.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hello All.
    I am really happy to announce that Cyclops is the latest Distributor of Hex EZcan products. Now get your Cyclops lights with premade connections on wire leads for a totally painless install, well you do still have to route the wires :) with the addition of being able to easily run aftermarket Horns, rear auxiliary lighting, heated gear and so much more
    Now order a set of Cyclops lights with the Hex EZ can and get the value added benefit of a completely plug and play setup on many BMW, KTM and HD motorcycles.
    Hex Ez can gen 2 (cyclopsadventuresports.com)