Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd say you blinded the bugger and he couldn't see anything.
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  2. Ceugster

Ceugster Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It’s hard to tell looking at it but everything “should” be aimed so I don’t blind oncoming traffic. I’ll adjust as needed once I get to test it in earnest. They’re wired up with an ezcan so I can dim either set or turn them off too.
    Off Road Ryder and outbacktm like this.
  3. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's what the dimming function is for, no switches, just hit your high low beams
    outbacktm likes this.
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yes Sir we do plug into factory connectors on the T700 kit, there are several options for how to configure the lights. dim to 50% with low beam switch, lights on with high beam switch, DRls on all the time, but adding dimming, no dimming etc... Please send us an email and I can forward anything you like. [email protected]
    rhicks and outbacktm like this.
  6. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! When I get ready to buy I will get in touch w/ more questions.
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
  8. Biggenster

Biggenster n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Off Road Ryder,
    I've read good reviews about your Cyclops 10.0 H4 LED Headlight Bulb, maybe with the upgrade To Ultra 10.0
    A question : what LED kit would you recommend for my Honda Varadero XL1000 2008 ?
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Biggenster That not a bike we were lucky enough to get stateside. I have to admit I don't know anything about it. From what I can tell online it may use H7 bulbs?
  10. Biggenster

Biggenster n00b

Oddometer:
    ya you're right, this bike was available in Canada from 2008 to 2010 only... I'll do some research and come back to you. Thanks!
  11. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    I'm very interested in this. I have a 2018 ATAS and it seems like people struggle to notice the turn signals. I think it would be much more obvious if the mail light turned off and the ring light blinked. Kind of like the new cars where the LED daylight lights turn off on the corner that is blinking. I was also wondering if the Amber ring was visible enough on a sunny day? Or would I be better off with a full amber light. Actually I was considering the Optimus lights with the lens covers but was wondering if it's more than I need. I had smaller LED lights on my last bike and it worked out fine. I may give you a call but if the ones with the amber circle can be made into turn signals and then run with a skeen dimmer for high / low then maybe that is the option?
    gsuks and Off Road Ryder like this.
  12. gsuks

gsuks Long timer

Oddometer:
    That would be fantastic

To be very truthfull motorists here in Europe are not used to amber or yellow driving lights or drl

(Unless the car is french and about 40 years old)

And with the
    ktm 790 adventure R
    The auroras are positioned very close to the turn signals
    And with the multifunctional cyclops turn signals that are not very bright(compared to the standard led turn signals of euro bikes)
    It could be easy for oncoming traffic to make the mistake of thinking the aurora are turn signals!

So Making the aurora drl into a turn signal would kill two birds with one stone

Could you please tell me how to set it up?

Thanks in advance
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hi Max It is a little different than the raider, but does a lot of the same job with more options.
  14. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the late replies. We have been absolutely slammed just trying to keep up.
    The DRL ring is fairly noticeable, but I would think a full amber light would be more obvious to other drivers. I see the advantage of the Aurora with DRL as being you get both worlds without removing filters etc. WE do have a devise we are prototyping and testing right now to drop out the main aux light when blinkers are activated.(when using the DRLs as blinkers) The hexcan2 will do that, but the hexcan does not work on all bikes.. The other good news on this new devise is that it wont cost much. Im setting up my 890Rally with this setup and will post once I can get that all completed.
    gsuks likes this.
  15. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank you.. I plan on making a video of my setup on the 890Rally Can you give me a couple of weeks to get that done. I completely agree.
    gsuks likes this.
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Im sorry for missing your Q
    The Long range Opt lights are 3 3/4 inches in diameter. and about the same from the front bezel to the rear of the light.
  17. rbsride365

rbsride365 Hi-Viz

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. I will watch for your 890 video in a few weeks and then maybe contact you about making a custom harness for my AT. I was wondering if the Skeen dimmer would work with this setup too? Or would the lights be full on when not in turn signal mode? Still considering your big lights but kind of like the slimmer size of the Auroras. Thanks!
    Off Road Ryder and gsuks like this.
  18. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    All mounted up and ready to rock. 0407211249.jpg
    NSFW, Off Road Ryder and rbsride365 like this.
  19. gsuks

gsuks Long timer

Oddometer:
    That would be great thanks in advance
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you We do have a plug and play aux light harness for the CFR1000 that is available with the Skene. These do not drop out when blinkers are applied. But I do not see why this box we are working on could not be used with standard blinker setups.. Actually a great Idea! Working on the signal options on the Honda, so far we do not have the block off plates to loose the large hole left when removing the Honda blinkers.
    Here is our existing AT kit. Honda Africa (CRF-1000) Twin LED auxiliary light kit (cyclopsadventuresports.com)
    rbsride365 likes this.