Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Testing ongoing on 4 bikes right now. We are working on how quick(and clean) the drop out takes to initiate and return to full beam. Im seeing a slight flash on my bike, but not the others
    Available time to work on this is our issue, We are having a tough issue with trying to get team members. No one wants to work.
  2. markinthailand

markinthailand Long timer

Oddometer:
    Moving my Cyclops TPMS over from my Honda (which I had fabricated a pate to mount it to) to a 2015 Tiger 800. I don't see an easy place to mount it, but am thinking about a bracket or mounted to the GPS bar. Anyone else do this?
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  3. gsuks

gsuks Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanx for the heads up
  4. Kainic

Kainic Almost there

Oddometer:
    Moving these to my new bike and I must of messed something up. How do you recode the sensors to the tires?
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    You have to go through the short process.Its pretty easy, but more than I can explain here. after spending some time searching, I'm not sure how to post a PDF on here, any chance you can call the shop on Monday and speak with Brian? 1 800 624 0278 or send me an email at [email protected] and Ill get you the instruction sheets. if your near the bike Brian can set you up quickly with a phone call.
  6. Kainic

Kainic Almost there

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'll send an email for instructions. Thanks for the great support!!
  7. Callisto224

Callisto224 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any update on a shipping date?
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Well unfourtantly yes and No. There is a ship sitting out in the Puget sound with our units on them. its been here for almost two weeks with no end that I know of insight.
    Callisto224 likes this.
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Introducing the new TrailBoss series of dirt /enduro bike headlights. Currently KTM, These ultra lightweight headlight inserts offer a clean beam pattern for off road use and dont add a bunch of weight to your front end. Available in two versions with more models soon to come. 100% plug and play kits for all KTM enduro or off road models from 2014 and newer.
    TrailBoss LED headlight insert-CIL-TB (cyclopsadventuresports.com)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Nice price. Any plans to add one with a low beam setting for DP use?
    Off Road Ryder, 75monza and manx16 like this.
  11. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yes Sir, we have already done that. once we got rolling we realized we can and will also be adding more two stroke options in the near future. The low beam pattern is not DOT.
    Almost done with the Beta versions. Huskies will be next.
    twinrider likes this.
  12. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Did you mean that the KTM Trailboss Pro version is already set up for low beam usage?
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yes, if its an EXC (14 and newer) the kit is completely plug and play
    Kits also available for Xc's etc including TPI bikes that did not have wiring or a high/low switch.
    18 and newer 4 stroke sx/xc's will need stator upgrades to run the pro, but can run the standard trailboss.
    twinrider likes this.
  14. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Heads up For those getting ready for this years Baja 1k and 24hr races at Starvation Ridge or Glenn Helen etc, be aware that helmetlights and battery powered systems from Cyclops will be in limited supplies. We do have plenty of Light Bars, TrailBoss KTM inserts, and the newer Explorer 3 bike and helmet mounted lights, but battery supplies are uncomfortably low. Shipments that should have been here simply are not. WE are working hard to find a solution and think we have something great up our sleeves, but its only fair to throw this out.
    Its been my pleasure and honor to help with your race lighting for the past 20 years.
    [​IMG]
  15. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Its been a busy time here in the shop. last weekends 24hr race went great for almost everyone one we spoke with, course was shorter and much more technical than normal, Kind of glad I didn't race the 890 this year.
    We are back on the Multifunction 3 turn signals, which we will start taking orders and shipping on next week.
    The newer versions are brighter and slightly larger than the last version, with an added running light in the rear, But For myself I would forgo that rear running light and only use the brake light, More of a chance for those cadgers to see you have hit the brake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vi...videos/260748292730378/&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
    BrittC likes this.
  16. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please do a video of the old vs 3.0 compared to each other from the rear with the brake light on. I've had comments from several people that my rear blinkers were hard to see. I'm using last year's version.
    Off Road Ryder and thelastfoiter like this.
  17. alonad

alonad Long timer

Oddometer:
    any install video for the 790/890 nomad rally kit?
  18. XRLated

XRLated Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I searched this thread for "adaptive," but got zero results, which makes me think I goofed up searching, not that anyone on here has yet to ask about adaptive lights(?!) , i.e. headlights that overcome the loss of corner illumination (caused by a standard headlight's beam pattern diving into the gutter as a bike leans into a turn) by firing LEDs upward into the dark corner.

I am a satisfied Cyclops customer of the past half-dozen years, who--since I sometimes ride my dual sport on nighttime curvy roads--would really like to have adaptive lighting of some type incorporated into my bike.

So, I am wondering:

1) Would Cyclops consider selling the Cyclops Rally Light mount without the light so that I can install an adaptive light from another manufacturer?

2) Any plans for Cyclop to develop an adaptive light in the STYLE of the Cyclops Rally Light? That is, an adaptive road-riding headlight in the rally-light mount?

3) What about making adaptive auxiliary lights that would mount on either side of the bike's main headlight? There would be a left-side light and a right-side light: the RS light would only fire turning right, illuminating the right-hand corner's dark spot, while the LS light would only fire turning left, illuminating the left-hand dark spot.

I'm thinking 1) would be a great option Cyclops could offer immediately with almost no cost to implement. What do you think about just selling the mount with no light?

Option 3) might be the most profitable endeavor, since--while a lot of riders are completely happy with their main headlight--nevertheless they want adaptive capability to increase safety in turns.

Just wondering if Cyclops is thinking of any of the above or other ways to meet riders' desire for adaptive lighting.

Thanks!
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Will Do
    Thank you for the suggestion. That was also one of the reasons we killed the original version.
    rhicks likes this.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    That's in the works! Thank you