Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ChrisK7

ChrisK7 KTM crash dummy

Oddometer:
    Wow, that was quick. Got my new wide angle lens covers and replacement light bracket in a couple days from Cyclops.

These covers aren't just some cheap piece of plastic with reflectors in them. They are very well built, nice silicone seal to keep out the dust, and snap on and off very positively. :clap

The covers seem to be made very well and don't seem brittle like I imagined they may be. I think they will take quite a bit of abuse before they crack or break.
    I haven't had a chance to check them out at night yet but I will report asap.
    Very happy with the lights, covers, and service from Darryl and the company.
    I had a light bracket crack and Darryl had one in the mail with the new lens covers the next day.
    Thanks Darryl. :thumb
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    As you guys are receiving your bulbs I will be on a 1500 mile plus dirt ride and most likely be out of service until early next week.
    Should any issues arise you can contact Sandra or I will return at the latest next Wednesday.

I think we had our largest shipping volume in Cyclops history yesterday.
    Thank You very much, your business is more than appreciated:clap:clap:clap

As some might notice there was a small design change on the H4 to allow for a little more fit room. We gained about a half an inch in depth clearance, That mod was mainly for the KTM dirt bikes.
    Im very happy with the outcome.
  3. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap

My H7 is marked as out for delivery!

New toys when I get home! :freaky
  4. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    For you riders getting the H7 remember the base comes off with a cam action, push down and twist. You can see the cam by looking down on the base plate.
    Most should be arriving to you today.
    Ill try to check in on this thread once I get some cell service on Friday.

Thank you!!!
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank you Chris. Occasionally something does go wrong with any product. We make sure you the customer is taken care of with the least impact as possible.
    Out of thousands of lights sold and in use this is the first bracket failure, I have to think there was a casting flaw.
    I appreciate your business.:clap
  6. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    H7's arrived today, these look very well made. I am not sure that these are going to work for my application unfortunately. I test fit one of them on my 08 KLR and the fan housing hits the headlamp housing before the light is seated all the way. There is just not enough depth between the flange on the bulb and the fan housing.

I need to decide how far I am willing to modify my headlamp housing to make these fit. It will require grinding approximately 1.5-2.0mm off of the headlight to make it fit. This will have the consequence of making going back to a halogen impossible as it will grind off all the stock lamp retina hardware. Not a problem providing that these are available for the rest of my bikes life, or that they never fail.....

The other possibility is to make a spacer to move the entire led flange back the 2mm to make it fit, I don't think this is a good idea because it will change the relationship between the led emiter and the reflector changing the light output and pattern....

Time to think, any input from the crowd? :ear
  7. Chad05gsa

Chad05gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Crap! mine just arrived today. Also was planning on fitting them to a 08 klr. I'm not sure I'm down with the modified headlight housing either? Keep us posted if you get it to work somehow, I won't be able to tear into it until the weekend.

samsung galaxy note 2
  8. thesprocket26

thesprocket26 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Received and they look great, thank you. I'll be ordering the h4 soon. Here is a pic with halogen in the top left, LED top right, HID center

attachment.jpeg

2001 Aprilia Futura, hey it goes off road sometimes!
  9. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I'm interested in getting a set of the 2" 10W Round LED Next Generation Prime lights for my new 1190 R. I'm interested in daytime conspicuity more than than actual light output, but have a few questions:

1- Is the price for one or for a pair?
    2- Would you recommend 20 or 40 degree for being seen?
    3- Is the PWM integrated dimming circuit built into the lights or is it external, kind of like a Skene dimmer?
    4- Does the PWM have a high beam bypass?
    5- Do they come with any sort of wiring harness?
    6- Do you have them in stock ready to ship?7- Is there a discount code I can use to order?

Could not find the answer to any of these questions on the web site:
    http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/-2-10-watt-Round-LED-Light-Next-Generation-Prime-NXG_p_27.html

Thanks, Dan
  10. WindSailor

WindSailor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Navy or Chad
    If you don't want the H7, I am interested to see if it will fit in my GSA... PM me... to keep me up to date on what you guys decide. I only want one...

Sent from my Samsung Note 3
  11. JDE

JDE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived today!:clap
  12. HighFructose

HighFructose Banned

Oddometer:
    Hack it navy chad, its an 08 KLR so a used "like new" headlight assembly is going to run you $125...think about that price 4 years from now when you want to go back
  13. Chad05gsa

Chad05gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will take a look myself this weekend and let you know.

That's true I'm sure one could be found relatively inexpensive if needed. Somehow I'm sure the dremel will be put to use this weekend.

samsung galaxy note 2
  14. michigan400

michigan400 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got a set last year for my KTM 450 EXC. Call him for pricing. They do not come with a harness but I talked to Darryl and he set me up with a package deal for 2 lights and a harness he made (quality shiznit on the harness, perfect fit and function and nice heavy wires. I didn't have to modify anything). The price per light is the same as the long range lights so around 130 each I think. Get the 10 degree. Don't even consider the 20 or really not the 40. The 10 degree has a lot of fill light already with no hot spot. Very smooth spread of light. They will not shine past your high beams but will provide good fill, are very small and will work great for being seen and helping you see better. There is a working giff of all his lights a few pages back and you can see what the 10 degree looks like from that. He had them in stock when I ordered.

[​IMG]
  15. firstime911

firstime911 SM

Oddometer:
    will it work for RnineT headlight is actually H4 bulb..
    I can just buy the bulb.. no need for something extra right? like ballard etc...
  16. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any updates on the H11 for the KTM 1190s?
  17. SDIZZY

SDIZZY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got my H4 today, just wondering, what's the 3 metal pieces for?
  18. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Works fine on the Super Sherpa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. rpet

rpet Awesometown

Oddometer:

Blue
  20. KL_ARRR

KL_ARRR Adventure Piggy

Oddometer:
    For those of you in the KLR boat:

I received my lights today :clap
    I had to shave the higher retaining clip mount down to the level of the rest of the bezel. I tried to rework the metal clip to work with the new bulb bracket, but the plastic around one of the screws broke :cry I was already committed at this point so I decided to glue the adapters into the headlight using urethane glue.

[​IMG]

Since the back of the headlight was very dusty, didn't really want it collecting inside the headlight assembly. I cut up the existing rubber boots to look something like this:

[​IMG]

I installed it onto the headlight upside down

[​IMG]

There is still about 3/16" clearance around the entire LED module, and the vents for the heatsink are still exposed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am pretty pleased with how well the boots were repurposed. It would have been nice to be able to go back to the halogen lights at some point, but what's done is done :lol3 I suspect that with a little more care, the wire retainer could be re purposed to work with either halogen or the LED adapter.

I had to see what the beam looked like and I was very impressed :clap I'll take pictures of the headlight on the bike tomorrow night after the glue has fully cured.