Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. michigan400

michigan400 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

They have a seperate wire to hook the dimmer box to, that's it. No dimming capability unless you get the skene dimmer also.
  2. LoopGaroo

LoopGaroo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would sure like a H1 set for the KTM 640 Adventure!
  3. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    ^^yup,,, pm'ed back and forth with the vendor a couple times,,, no real plans for H1 anytime soon is what i got.
  4. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the feedback:clap:clap:clap
    I had a great much needed ride.

I would like to check into the Newer KLR fitment and see if there might be something we can do, anyone in the Seattle area have a KLR they would like a bulb in?
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks and sorry for my absence.
    Thanks for answering the questions Michigan400:clap

It was really nice to get a good ride in. 1600 miles with almost 700 dirt, the snowline foiled our off road mile plan a bit.

The dimmer does require the use of the skene dimmer, the third wire in the circuit allows the Lights to retain constant voltage to the emitters and offer true pulse width modulation making the leds last longer than lights with two wire setups.
  6. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I put a pair of these in my 95 Tiger last night. Wow! Had to ditch the rubber back covers, and getting the locking clips around the base was a bit fiddly, but OMG what output!
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dan looks like most of these got answered in my absence.
    They are in stock, we always offer an ADV rider discount, code ADV

I however would recommend the long Range series for daytime use, why not have great night time visibility and daytime conspicuity?

The 10 degree lights are the way to go, add fitter's if you want a wide beam or amber lenses for conspicuity
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank You:clap
    By far the highest powered LED headlight bulb on the market.
    Why settle for less??
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Any GS800 installs yet?
    Hopefully we will get one done here at the shop soon.
  10. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would consider trying a 9005/hb3 instead of the hid in my 60 mm projector.
  11. trapperj

trapperj Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have a new 1290 superduke...it has a h4 bulb. I tried a led from another company and while the install was a breeze, it blinks on & off and gives a bulb out message. Reinstall of oem bulb and all is well. Do you think your h4 led bulb will work? I'm ready to purchase if you think it'll work.
  12. K7TNT

K7TNT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow,love to see pictures of a F800GS/700GS. Was going to do HID, but hope this is good with the H7.
    :clap
  13. uomoorsomaiale

uomoorsomaiale n00b

Oddometer:
    Very interested in these as I had to remove HID because of the frequency I was being flashed (when the neighbors flash you, its neighborly to take note). Saw someone installed in 2012 GSA. I have 2011 R12GS. Will that be the same routine? Anyone with oilhead GS installation?

thanks!
  14. Lensgrinder

Lensgrinder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are the 650 twins and the 800's similar?

It looks like BMW hadn't changed the housing too much between 2008 and 2012. The HID I removed from my 2012 GSA was first in my
    2008 GS(Hex Head).
  15. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone fitted the H7 on a Buell Ulysses? Would like to switch out my HID kit which scatters light all over.
    rayw1128 likes this.
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

I have not heard of that. and am hesitant to say YES no issues since I honestly have not tried it in the supeduke.
    So far I know of no issues with canbus, codes or any other issues that would make our bulb blink or cause an issue.
  17. CNS-IT

CNS-IT Let Go Supporter

Oddometer:
    I installed the H7 bulb in my 2009 F800GS.

I followed another riders post (above) and his pictures helped.

I was a bit confused on how to get the bulb in, after taking the original bulb out. But once I figured out how to take off the bracket and press the bulb in, it was easy.

My Cover fit over the heat Sink/Fan with out issue. I drilled a few holes in the cover for better air flow.

I have ran the LED light now for about 2K miles with no issues. Dirt roads, highway, no problems.:clap

18. brasters

brasters Just Bob Supporter

Oddometer:
    I installed the H7 LED bulb in a 07 R1200GSA which had HID before. The issues I had were as follows, the fan hits the round dust cover on the low beam. Since I still had the hole for the HID wiring harness, I could see the fan was up against the cover. this stops you from being able to adjust the light up or down using the adjustment lever/knob. The bulb hold down spring was extremely hard to get into place due to the fan placement. (I actually pulled the whole light housing out of the bike to make sure I was doing things right.) The light output was bright, but there was no discernible light pattern other then a splash of light right in front of the bike. Signs and reflective surfaces would light up in the distance but objects in the road would not show up till you were right on top of them. I don't know if this was due to not being able to adjust the light or the bulb placement in the housing. I have gone back to using the HID till there is a better LED solution. Just my own experience and I was able to return the light bulb.
  19. DieselFxr

DieselFxr Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I installed the LED lamp this week on my F650 with some minor fitment issues. I was replacing a HID kit that I had in place for the last 3 years, it was beginning to fail. First off its bright to look at as are most LEDs. I use the bike to commute on and ride home after midnight most days. It seems to have a much better pattern than the HID did not much difference from low to high beam though. I had to bend the 3 locating tabs on the H4 adapter to get a tight fit. The 650 doesn't give one much working room unless you remove the lamp assembly which I didn't do, I will open it up later in the season and tidy things up.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you!