Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    WE don't expect any issue with the 1190, we do have a canbus interface for the H11 if necessary, but Im really hoping we wont need to add that.
    we will add them to the site next week.
    Thank You
  2. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We only have a few and unfortunately they have already been snatched up.
    We will gladly send and replace the units you have with the new style should it fit the KLR.
  3. CHRIS_D

CHRIS_D Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, looking forward to it. I may start off with 2 bulbs (one for each bike's low beam) and then if that works replace the high beams.

So far I had good luck with your LED driving lights. Great product!:clap
  4. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you!!!
  5. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will be watching this thread for KLR fitment on the H7. Secondly, I think I recall reading way back that there was an issue fitting the H4 in a Tiger 800. Is this true? and has an alternative been in the make like with the H7 KLR fix?
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Our latest rev on the H4 is slightly shorter than the previous version. I have yet to try to do an install on the 800 with the new rev.
    Hopefully we will get the chance this weekend at the Touratech Rally.
  7. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just ordered the H4 LED bulb. Looking forward to being able to see at night and freeing-up some wattage for other things.

John
  8. RandoCommando

RandoCommando Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Yeah. I saw his post about his 07 KLR, but he never followed up like he said he would.
    What is the return policy?
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We are very happy when riders report back, some just don't have the time or forget. Its all good.

We offer a full product refund, that does not include shipping cost.
    The bulb will work great in the early KLR
  10. RandoCommando

RandoCommando Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Ok. I'll probably order one and give it a shot.
    Where's the link?
  11. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    When do you expect to have any of them in stock? And how do you want to handle the exchange?
  12. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    If they work as we think ,Ill get stock coming asap. Ill contact you and get the new bulbs heading your way with a call tag.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank You:clap
  14. mantan

mantan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have tried several different "canbus" aware ballasts, "error cancellers", and in-line resistors of 10/15/25 watts for both high and low beam HIDs on my 1190 and nothing worked.

so I am very interested to see if your LED bulb will work on the 1190. I am currently using Slyvania silverstar ultras, which are a small improvement over regular halogens.

Count me in for 2 of yours if they work
  15. robertd440

robertd440 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread. I haven't gone through the whole thing yet but have you had anyone test for you on a 01-07 bmw F650GS yet? If not I commute and ride the hell out of mine and can test fit for you.
  16. Trail Joe

Trail Joe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are talking about me never reporting back, check out post 492. Maybe you were too busy naming your bikes to notice.
  17. DieselFxr

DieselFxr Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes I have one in my 05 F650gs. It has been in for 2 weeks now and I have commuted on the bike for the last 2 weeks. I work swing shift and leave work at midnight. It is a small bit better than the 35 watt HID I pulled out Its been so long since I have had a halogen bulb in this bike I don't think it puts out any more light than most halogens. It is a much better pattern than the HID I was using and it is whiter my HID was a 4300K lamp. You must modify you twist lock ring to fit it takes about a minute using a dremel tool. I am very pleased with the results.
  18. Shooplick

Shooplick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just put one in my 07 speed triple. It is a snug fit but it fits in the buckets that hold the light housing. Cannot use the rubber seal piece bu shouldn't be a problem on the triple.

However I also put one in my crf250l and I also cannot use the rubber boot that seals the old bulb. Will this be a problem? The light is some what protected from the elements but when I ride it, it always seems to rain

I have a video comparing the led and stock bulb in my triple taken on my phone and I'll get it posted as soon as I remember my photobucket password.

Btw these are super bright and very pleased with them. I will probably put some in my truck now!
  19. RandoCommando

RandoCommando Wannabe

Oddometer:

I stand corrected.
    Here is your post from 492 so others don't have to go backwards:
    "Finally got a chance to get out for a test ride at night to try out the new led
    "Bulb". This is on a 07 KLR 650. First thing I noticed is that the low beam is now much higher than the hid setup that was in it and the high beam would just light up the tree tops. After lowering the headlight to the max, the low beam is still very useful with a nice even spread and the high beam is now where it should be. With the hid setup, it didn't seem to matter how low I ran the headlight it was still too bright for oncoming traffic, but this led is great on low beam. Overall a very easy, simple upgrade that should free up some electricity for other things like heated grips or auxiliary lighting. So once again, thanks Darryl!"

A few questions for you if I may?
    With the headlight pointing as far down as possible, does the low beam meet the legal requirements as far as aim?
    Same question with high beam?
    Any problems with oncoming traffic flashing you?
    Was it simple plug and play? Or did you have to do any modification?
    Thanks
    Sorry I missed your follow up post.
  20. CNS-IT

CNS-IT Let Go Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have had the H7 LED Lamp installed in my 2009 F800GS for about two weeks now (about 1200 miles).

I have had no issues with it at all, on the road or in the dirt. No CANBUS issues or warning lights, etc.

The installation was smooth and pretty easy, especially when taking the headlight assembly off the bike and following the pictorial instructions posted in this thread.

Great product. :clap