Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    There have been a bunch of these installed in the ADV. the biggest trick is getting the ring back in the clips, a couple Allen wrenches and patience pay off here.
    I think I did at least 10 this last weekend
  2. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thanks Joe
    I love hearing from long term repeat customers:clap:clap:clap
  3. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The 500s and 350's we have installed in where all H4's with no mods required, it sounds like yours is using the Ba20 bulb?
    It would be nice if they where all the same.
    There are mods required on that bulb, you loose the factor bulb holder to make that work. I think you sent us a pm and email, both have been replied to.
  4. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank You
    What a great write up:clap:clap:clap
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank You
    Great write up:clap
    We have found we could reuse most boots by cutting a hole out of the center.
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Its typical to have to readjust the headlight after this LED bulb install.
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I highly disagree, as would Hundreds of very happy customers.
    Your merely speculating.
    This bulb produces far less light scatter than the HID's
    In many reflectors its a huge improvement over stock, in some not so much, Like any "bulb" it is reflector dependent.
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    We always offer an ADV Rider discount, The code is ADV, pretty creative I know:lol3
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Its a fairly easy install, but the caps do not fit back on, we are looking into manufacturing capos that will fit.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by and saw us at the Touratech Rally this last weekend.
    The quality difference in Cyclops light compared to others did not go unnoticed.
    When you get a chance to compare side by side, you see that there really isn't much of a comparison at all.:eek1
    We had record sales and many very happy customers.
  11. mantan

mantan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that's great. Please post some pics of the install. I will order 2 after I come back from vacation.
    Is there any cutting / drilling required? How big
    is your Canbus adapter?
  12. CHRIS_D

CHRIS_D Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great!:clap Let me know when you're ready to ship. I'll take one for the 1190 and one without the canbus adaptor for a Victory Cross Country.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    No Mods required, The 1190 has a bunch of room.
    we will be providing a kit that includes the canbus device and a mounting plate for the canbus adaptors.
    Photos coming soon.
  14. MonstrDude64

MonstrDude64 n00b

Oddometer:
    I was just going to ask about the caps. I received the H7 units for the Super Tenere. It was easy to work around the wire fastener and tuck the rest of the wires inside BUT the cap doesn't go back on.

I tried removing the fan cover but the black heatsink still makes contact with one of the notches in the cap. I thought of making holes in the caps but I noticed the module is not perfectly centered in the hole opening. That would mean it would still have clearance issue by not clearing the hole in the cap since it's designed with grips on them so you can only make the hole so big.

Although, I am not as concerned with water... I am more concerned with dust in the housing or reflector area since I saw some light bleed from the rear at the base which is why I want to use the cover.

How far out are you with making covers? I may return the lights until there is a solution. I can always purchase later.
  15. PaperBoy

PaperBoy Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer:
    Oroville, Washington, USA - 48.938665, -119.427047
    I know it's a longshot, but has anyone tried one of these LED bulbs in a stock R1100GS "bus" headlight. They take H4 bulbs. In my case I actually have the Touratech dual headlight with the metal (no melt) reflectors and am curious about trying one in one side or in both. Just a little concerned about room, but I think it would work. I have a dual headlight relay from Eastern Beaver so it gets full voltage at the light. Here's what the back of the kit looks like.

[​IMG]
    Everything gets stuffed into the original headlight bucket. Just concerned about how far the bulb sticks out the back with the H4 sockets plugged in.
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I don't know about the TT headlight, but they do fit in the stock 1100 headlight. Its a slight challenge to get the set screw in, but with a magnetic screwdriver its not to bad, just don't drop the screw.:eek1
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I noticed a bit of misinformation about the current LED bulbs being offered to ADV Riders

The Cyclops H4 unit is 2400 lumens on low and 3600 lumens on High
    The competition is 2400 lumens on low and stays at 2400 lumens on high
    There is zero power increase from low to high beam:deal

In a nut shell our bulb is by far the most powerful LED bulb currently available from any source.
    1/3rd brighter than the competition.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    When I say we do product testing.. I mean it:deal

[​IMG]
  19. PaperBoy

PaperBoy Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer:
    Oroville, Washington, USA - 48.938665, -119.427047
    Thanks for the reply ORR, did the LED make for an improvement in the quality of light for your application? I don't want to blind people, but felt the stock headlight w/ the original wattage bulb, even the specialized Silverstar types, just didn't cut it for me. With the relay harness I'm sure it would be better than without for the stock bulb. I think two of these bulbs might be the answer if I can cram them in there.
  20. EL HUX

EL HUX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Daryll,

I just got your H4 replacement LED "bulb" for my '13 F800GS, the improvement over the stock halogen is just amazing and it works perfectly with my Duallys. Just one thing, kind of a nOOb question, but could you show me a picture of how the fitment comes out? Seems too big for the screw cap to get back into place. I checked out this post http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24306010&postcount=753 but the module I received is wired differently and the base plate can't be removed as described.

Thanks from Mexico City!