Cyclops KTM 790 light mounts and complete light kits

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you
    Yes the bypass adaptor was in the kit, without that added the lights would flash faster than normal. Its not the easiest task to get into the 790 headlight to check that out, but if you see the little flasher that would most likely be the issue. I do have to say that us personally have not been able to do an install on a EU bike with the stock LED blinkers, but I cant see an issue, there are no other reports of hyperflash with the kit from EU.
  2. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Look for this setup on the BDR giveaway bike. This is the bike they will be giving away. We are proud to support the BDR organization.
    Here is how the headlight compartment should look like after installing a Cyclops LED auxiliary light kit in your 790.
    It is by far the cleanest, easiest setup available.
    We don't just throw a bracket and a half thought our harness at you.
    The setup is complete easy and painless, well... getting that headlight apart the first time isn't so much fun, but you can blame KTM for that :)
    [​IMG]
  3. selecw

selecw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent. Is this how the wiring will look for all your 790 light kits? No wiring back to the battery?
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  4. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yes Sir. also any kit we specifically make for the 1090,1190
  5. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wondering about mount options on 790R? I see you have some photos of ring mounts on headlight support bars, you have a steel bracket and there's some mention of a Carbon Fiber mount? What options currently exist? If you abandoned the ring mounts on the support bars, why? It seems simpler than the big bracket...I'm guessing there's a reason though?
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks we like the metal bracket a lot, it gets the lights in a perfect position to really make a difference with Conspicuity, yet they will take a hit well. Currently we have the long and short versions. short for smaller lights like the Auroras or Pegasus. Long for 3 inch and larger lights.
    We have not given up on the CF/Nylon P mount. we have experienced some significant delays due to a .25 cent part, No kidding.. We are moving forward on the P mount and hope to have it available once I return from the Sonora Rally.. The p mount does get the lights way back with almost zero chance of damage in a crash.
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I hope you 790 riders have been Following the Sonora Rally. If so you know the results and how my son Wes nearly podiumed a 790 against the 450's. I cant be more proud of him and the entire team. We had to scramble out of Mexico due to the Corona virus.
    [​IMG]

Here are a few photos of the prototype and coming mount, we have been slowed due to the current situation, but hope all is well with everyone and look forward to this running its course with everyone getting back to normal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    oldbrapper and gsuks like this.
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Ok riders we finally have the new 790 mount coming off the machines. Ill get them on the website by weeks end. They will be in limited quantities to start. if you have sent me an email or Pm I will be contacting you first.. Thank you and so sorry for the very long delay.
    CaseyB likes this.
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    The new carbon Fiber/ Nylon mount is now on the website. So sorry this took so long.. Its stout and places a two inch light in the optimal location to prevent crash damage, yet offer great lighting efficiency. No articulating arms to break or work loose. Right now available in the kits, we will make them available as a stand alone part once we catch up with back orders.
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/KTM790-LED-Auxiliary-light-kit_p_246.html
    [​IMG]