D2D 2014 General Info and Comment Thread

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Oct 19, 2013.

1. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Everybody remember your Passport and to let you credit card co know you're traveling. Might also want to get a special copy of your bike insurance for Canada which may not be absolutely necessary but ya never know. And remember the Boarder does close for the night on a different time zone than AK.

Looks like it might be one of the cloudier D2D's so hope everyone, myself included, keeps warm enough.

Happy trails, MH
  2. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    And pack the biggest calibre pistol you can lift.... hey, you want an adventure don't you? :eek1:lol3:eek1
  3. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm sure the border agents will be more than happy to accommodate giving you an ADVenture......:rofl
  4. AK_ADV

AK_ADV F800GS

Oddometer:
    Sounds like snow on the way to chicken today, from listening to a couple guys at fast eddies. From what people are saying it's about a 6 mile stretch.
  5. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    It will be a WARM snow.
  6. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'll make it.

In Whitehorse tonight new rear tire already on thanks to the folks at Yukon Honda.

It's OK, those of you already there... Feel free to start without me:rofl:freaky

By the way, what time is dinner... Need to know the important stuff!

Must have been a good night 8:30am and the only one awake is The Dick!
  7. OldSilverFox

OldSilverFox Let's Go!

Oddometer:
    Cash bar opens at 6pm. Steak dinner @ 6:30.
    Location Hockey Arena. Tickets on sale at Triple J hotel lobby 10am 5pm $30.00
  8. iforgotit

iforgotit follow me

Oddometer:
    Made into town yesterday, what an amazing country. Nothing but miles and miles of great pavement and oh yes a whole mess of nothing. Good to be here. Good soak at Takhini Hot Springs a couple of days ago.
  9. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Miles and miles of: MUD, MUCK, SLIME, GOOP, and SLOP from before Chicken and most of the way to Dawson! 😁 Oh yeah did I mention rain? Yeah it was quite a ride to say the least. Prayers going out to the riders who went down.
  10. Rootkiller

Rootkiller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife and I will be riding over Monday, hopefully it dries out fairly quick.
  11. DempsterResearch

DempsterResearch Researcher

Oddometer:
  12. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Had a fantastic D2D trip again. A special thanks to the fine folks that spend thankless hours making fun for non-paying attendees!!!

My son and I got to ride (mostly) together and hang out...ie bonding moments. He'll be on his own all too soon and Im digging in my heels before time slips away.

Thanks to all of you who gently grabbed him and pulled him aside for much needed "advice". :) Its a good natured crowd we run with that Im proud to share my kid with.

See ya'll out there!

Jim and Jr

Sent from outer Mongolia
  13. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    Dag'gum you guys travel far and fast!:lol3
  14. Dirty bike

Dirty bike Eval Innovations Inc

Oddometer:
    Another shout out to all the staff, volunteers, behind the scenes peeps and even The Dick for putting together a great event, (it's not a rally), and to all the people that showed up to make it what it was.:clap:clap

Queenb & I had a great time. We skipped the poker run for playing tourist and checking out Dawson. It was great fun meeting people and watching the games. Who knows, we may even come back next year.:wink:
  15. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hello All, :D

This event was a great way to meet some of you out in ADVland. :clap
    I don't usually get the time off in June, but this year I was able to make it.
    Even though I was in the back ground, it was fun watch the motorcycle games.
    Thanks to the Ducati guy for sharing a campsite with us. It was also nice to see Hackymoto again, in action...:clap
    Please send me a PM next year and I'll send some product your way for prizes. Hope to see you all next year.
    Rick

PS: Do you have any D2D fender decals left? Can some one send me one? I had to leave early because I got sick.
  16. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Bummer Rick...did not know you were in the crowd.
    Send me a PM with an address and I will get stickies on the way.
    DapMan is our decal guru and between the two of us, we can make it happen.
    Hope you're feeling better.
    Fite
  17. marbee40

Oddometer:
    Being back at work has me wishing I was in Mongolia riding with Jr instead. :cry
  18. marbee40

Oddometer:
    2018!!! Trip plans being made!!!! :clap

:deal

19. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    Kildala was in town and I didn't get to meet him... showed off your wet foot product to a couple different attendees and sent them to you via flea market.
    No problem getting a fender decal out to ya Rick, just PM me address and it's on the way...
  20. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    It was SO worth the 12 day ride to get there! I met so many great people and now have faces to go with the names... Not all pretty faces but that's OK! I'd love to come back next year but will have to wait and see how the finances work out.

You guys really put on a great event! Huge thanks to all involved and especially to The Dick who bailed me out with a nice TKC!