D2D 2014 General Info and Comment Thread

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Oct 19, 2013.

1. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dirty Bike, could you get me the names of the "staff" involved with the D2D? Got to find those people and make sure they are on board again for next year!
  2. ScottOfTheYukon

ScottOfTheYukon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In my 30 years of riding I've never been to a bike "gathering" or rally before but I do know if there is a heaven it has to be like attending D2D (by attending I also mean the experience of getting to Dawson and "meeting up" with riders along the way)...

To all the volunteers, thank you! You were always smiling (well...there was Dick.... :wink: ) and happy to answer my noob questions. :D

I met some of the best people I have ever met over the 4 days there and to all of you, drop me a PM or email when you get close to Whitehorse (Yukon).

I can't wait for next year!
  3. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    :shog Shucks.... Now ya went and got us all embarassed and all...

I will step up and reply on behalf of the crew, we appreciate the responses from the attendees both good and bad ( no bad that I've heard in the last couple years) and strive to make it a fun and relaxing event. We look forward to it every year, and enjoy sharing it with like minded individuals. We are already starting to talk about next year...:clap
  4. Videolester

Videolester Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know the link to the D2D 2014 group photo that was taken after the "games" last week?
  5. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. AK Bob

AK Bob AKAM

Oddometer:
    All who care:

Another Great D2D is over. Thanks Dick, all the Firemen, and everyone else that helped.

A special thanks to the Sticker ferry that messed with my bike! I was in Juneau when I noticed "D st To ustin 012" by magic in the dark of night, changed to "Dust To Dawson 2012".

You can make it from Juneau to Fairbanks with a R100GS in under 24 hours. From my boys apartment to the dock 20 minutes in the Rain, Boat left about 0700, arrived Hanes @ 1130. Nice clear weather (sucker hole) till 1/2 way to Haines Junction. Up the road I went, Wind, Rain, Bears, Moose, Sheep, Rain and More Rain. Then coming into Delta and all the way into Fairbanks it decided to Really Really Rain. 45 - 50 MPH tops. That GS Needs some better Lights! Even the old plastic bag over the socks trick didn't work. Poured the water out when I got home safe and sound, 0130 this morning.

Damn I had a GOOD Time!

See you Next Year.

7. LONG DONGER

LONG DONGER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Met some really interesting folks, including the Dick.

Khuddy, you need to look up one of your team members, I gave him a sample of some of the corn squezzin's, and he said he would tell you how good it was, not mentioning any names here, but thanks for the beer!

And D2D? How about M2D, at least Thursday. But honestly, I was heading to AK on Thursday, then back on Friday, so can't say it wasn't D2D by the time I got turned around.

Thanks to all, I had a great time! Some memories I will never forget, for sure! :freaky
  8. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the thought LD. The culprit was Legion and he has promised me a detailed review of your fix'ns.
  9. smitty141

smitty141 Only Pussy's die of natural causes.

Oddometer:
    9000+ miles door to door.. Had a great time, and made some great new friends. Would like to thank all the great folk who put this on. Plus the town of Dawson, the Fire Dept, and the Humane Society, and "The Dick".

Thanks everyone..

Smitty :freaky
  10. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    My pleasure, Donger, and thanks for just forking it over when I said I was Mr. KHuddy. :thumb

I've got a sack of Cohibas and a jug of Ozarka on deck and ready to be sampled in your honor. You'll have a good time tonight for sure.
  11. pub610

pub610 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, guys. D2D was great (the firemen really performed remarkably at dinner. i hope they made a ton of money.
    I blogged my ride (blogging by phone at the end of the day plays hell with typing) in the event anyone's interested in reading yet another ride report.
    http://billonabike.blogspot.com/
  12. jkphoto

jkphoto Sometime Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. Fast Idle

Fast Idle Since the Sixties Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, great photo, we have been wondering what it was going to look like at the new digs. Really wanted to make it for the new place kick off but it just didn't work out. Far as we got was a recovery mission to Tok. Looking forward to next year! :1drink:1drink:1drink
  14. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    Jim you have any other photos to share?
  15. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    You mean the topless one?
  16. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Ya hoo! Great photo!

Awesome good fun. Hope to see y'all again next year. :D

Mark H.
  17. Videolester

Videolester Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WOW!!! What else can one say, but .... A FABULOUS TIME! Made many new friends, had a BLAST getting up there! (& back!) KUDOS to "The Dick" ... the Firemen, the City of Dawson ... and EVERYONE ELSE that made this come off the way it did! Gonna try and make it again next year! Time will tell!

Thanks to ALL! .. and I hope everyone made it home (or wherever) safely! :nod
  18. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I noticed that not many photos were posted here, I didn't take that many. but will post what I did take.
    I had a good time, and wished I had done the poker run. I spent the morning washing all the mud off my bike however!

For those of you that were at Vanessa's campground group site in Tok
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is one from on top of the world, Thanks you guys for showing me how to ride in mud!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. smalls325is

smalls325is RTLW

Oddometer:
    Anymore t-shirts left? I'm a size small and missed the registration. Had a great time. Thanks!
  20. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    Dick has all left over t-shirts, not sure of quantities or sizes...:wink: