D2D 2015 General Info and Comment Thread

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jan 1, 2015.

1. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hey Fite,
    I will be at D2D this year and will donate. I'll be at Gold Rush camp site on Thursday and will come see you guys. Who can I talk to?
    Send me a PM
    Rick
  2. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Knowing the group that hangs out at the Gold Rush .....my guess would be that most all of them will be available for conversation! :lol3:lol3:lol3

Come by the registration cabin and ask for me.
    Fite
  3. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    If you are bringing some 800GS goodies you can donate directly to me :D
  4. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    With a heavy heart I am officially NOT going to make it to D2D this year due to the recent death of a very close family friend from my church, who was tragically killed Thursday morning in a terrible aircraft ground accident. His celebration of life will be on or around the weekend of the 20th of June. It has hit my family very hard, especially my wife who was like a second daughter to him. For those of you who are willing, please keep the Baldwin family and all those affected in your prayers during this time of tragedy and loss.
    I pray for safe travels and good hearted fellowship to all who are able to attend D2D this year. Lord willing I hope to see everyone at D2D 2016.
    Jeff
  5. AKstevo

AKstevo makin' copies...

Oddometer:
    I decided yesterday that I need a mini-vacation and D2D will do! My plan is to head up from Anchorage on Friday, stay in Tok, then roll into DC on Saturday (I know I'm gonna miss some fun stuff). While I play catch-up and read the thread, can you guys answer a couple of quick questions or point me in the right direction (with the proper amount of dismissive sarcasm, of course:1drink)?

1) I'll have my camping gear as back-up, but any available/recommended lodging in Tok or Dawson City this late in the game?

2) Any things to watch out for (good or bad) on my planned route? I'll be studying the Butler map and Milepost tonight...

3) Any other planning consdierations?

Thanks!
    AKstevo
  6. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Steve most everyone who attended D2D will be leaving on Saturday so you will have the place to yourself. As far as the route, be prepared for the worst road conditions and pray for the best. There is only one way to go, not too much studying to do. Anch to Tok, Tok to Dawson City. Don't forget your passport.
  7. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most of the D2D fun happens on Thursday and Friday. M<any of the attendees leave town on Saturday to be back at work on Monday. It appears that you can modify your travels to join the fun. Friday has the Poker Run at noon, Biker Banquet at 5:30pm, Biker Games at 9:00pm and posting of bikes and group photo at Midnight.

Hope you can adjust your vacation to hit best part of the run.
  8. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most of the D2D fun happens on Thursday and Friday. Many of the attendees leave town on Saturday to be back at work on Monday. It appears that you can modify your travels to join the fun. Friday has the Poker Run at noon, Biker Banquet at 5:30pm, Biker Games at 9:00pm and posting of bikes and group photo at Midnight.

Hope you can adjust your vacation to hit best part of the run.
  9. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Say it isn't so. Gonna miss you both.
  10. sixty8fury

sixty8fury Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am going to miss it too, I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see a few of you.
  11. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dennis. Unavoidable. Life happens.
    Shooting for riding up next year.
  12. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guess What, Dick don't go nowhere and you can get more abuse if you are not with a crowd, best time to come, once I have a nap I will be good to go again!!

Never the wrong time to take a vacation! Lots of people don't get the opportunity, kind of like getting old.

I will stand out like a sore dick after the D2D crew leave, easy to find!
  13. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    PM on its way. Looking forward to seeing you in Dawson.
  14. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    N 64 03.268
    w 139 26.214
  15. The Maz

The Maz Clueless and lost

Oddometer:
    Dick,
    The Alberta boys are headed up to Keno today. We'll come find ya tomorrow night.
  16. AKstevo

AKstevo makin' copies...

Oddometer:
    Sadly I won't be able to change my dates and will be arriving later on Saturday. Since most folks will be leaving I'm assuming there will be some hotel vacancies. Recommendations?
  17. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Triple J will be emptied out for Sat. night, mid night sun golf tournament. Tee off at 11pm and breakfast/dinner is at 3 am Sunday morning.
  18. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Just F---ing check out the forecast for the next week and I confirmed it with Accu weather and the weather network, get on your bike and ride and have fun with the best riders from all over the world!
  19. gregp

gregp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I reserved a spot at the Dawson city rv campground for a Tent spot. I called back to confirm and make sure what the guy told me that there was grassy areas for my tent. A different guy told me no, they are gravel. My tent, a Redverz needs to be spiked into the ground. Gravel is not the way to go. The first guy flat lied to me. Are there any spots in Dawson for my Tent with grass???
  20. tomdubz

tomdubz getting there Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just blew my right seal on the Dempster. Planning on checking out d2d next week. Maybe someone with a ktm adventure is packing a spare. Maybe someone is stopping at a dealer on the way. Maybe that special someone picks me up a seal. Then they definitely get dinner and drinks on me. And of course I pay for the seal itself.... PM please...