D2D 2015 General Info and Comment Thread

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jan 1, 2015.

1. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    CANADA KICKS ASS, WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONS, at least we can beat the fucking Russians!
  2. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been contemplating something here about kissing The Dick. I don't think I could ever do that. I have spoke to The Dick though once or twice. I must say he does a great job string thing up for us not just the D2D but the Trek Over The Top as well. I think I'll just shake the the hand of The Dick. Or wait, yeah, that's it, I'll just shake The Dick.
  3. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats to the Canadian kids. Now send a few to UAA's hockey team.
  4. sixty8fury

sixty8fury Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be in Dawson City on Saturday the 20th and Sunday the 21st. Should I still sign up?
  5. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    No. :cry
  6. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow! What do they do with the ice bridge in the summer?
  7. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    I waited a day for better weather last year when leaving. What a difference a day makes! Hundreds of bikes lining the streets one day, no bikes the next. Still a nice town though and the people are great! Hi Dick! :wave That used TKC got me through my north travels and back to Denver!

Wish I was going again this year!
  8. 01001010 01000011

01001010 01000011 AKA-JC

Oddometer:
    A new year and another chance.
  9. Kul Mom

Kul Mom aka sKul Marm Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yo, Mr. Huddy-

Looks like you have some less than perfect scores on that little "graded exercise" of yours. You are like every other post trying to keep the inmates in line. I found that last one particularly hilarious. Maybe they thought 43 - 50 were reserved.
    I feel your pain. Manning the red pencil is hard work!

-KM
  10. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll wait 'til he get's em lined out a little better, then I'll sneak in and screw it up again... as usual. :evil
  11. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Thank you KM for the commiseration.

Thank you ALCAN Derider for nothing.
  12. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got off the phone with Vanessa in Tok and got my spot (wall tent) at Thompson's Eagle Claw Campground :clap She said I was the first D2D reservation she has had.........Don't wait till the last minute, she fills up quickly. FYI she has a new Teepee covering and a new parachute off eBay on it's way for the fire pit this year. If you are looking for a nice place to stay with a SUPER hostess check out her website: http://www.thompsonseaglesclaw.com/
    You won't be disappointed.
  13. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    I love Vanessa and her campground! It's only her official camp spots that fill up. And if, like me, you prefer to have soft moss under your tent then there's always room for many more among the trees in her campground.

Last year there were over 50 of us Wed night on the way to D2D and over 30 on the return Sat night. Good times. Mark H.

[​IMG]
  14. Lizzard323

Lizzard323 Solo rider. Lover of solitude and corn meal.

Oddometer:
    I just signed up and hope to make it. My son and I are leaving Key West, Fl. on the first of June (hopefully a few days earlier) headed to Deadhorse on a charity ride. 18 days 6400 miles to Dawson City, 99 cc's (mine) KLR him. We will make it.
  15. Mastery

Mastery Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer:
    I'm going up that way in June. Figured that the D2D was on the summer solstice...didn't think it would be earlier so never paid attention. My ignorant plan has me getting into Dawson about 7PM on the 18th of June. I'm going to miss much of the festivities on Friday due to a very tight schedule to see all that I want to see on this trip...but I could help polish off any beer that may be found that evening.

So how hard is it going to be to find a place to put up a tent in a somewhat safe area? OR should I reverse my AK route and end up coming through Dawson about a week later?
  16. J&K

J&K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Won't have any trouble finding a tent spot. The 18th is a good time to get there. A lot will be going on then as well.
  17. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I always try to get in a day early before the crowd shows up. Of course I think I pulled that off once :lol3

Of course with a new position at work I'm not sure I can make it this year. Crossing my fingers.
  18. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Time for a side-hack! :evil
  19. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    Project street legal WR450 is nearing completion! Since I sold the blue bomber to 907Glen Ive been thinking of a way to get back up to Dawson. Looks like a group of us will be making a shortened version of the trip on the one lunger dirt bikes. Necessary legal farkles are just about done and now it's time to get the paperwork straightened out.
  20. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap Looks like you guys will be having some thumper fun!