D2D 2015 General Info and Comment Thread

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jan 1, 2015.

1. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    At a first casual glance one might be fooled into thinking these are the smart guys of D2D, the brain trust and deep thinkers. Then you realize the picture was taken in 2014 when D2D was held at the Triple J. That is not deep thought you see on their faces, that is a look that says, "Where the phuck is everybody?" :huh
  2. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    'Cause they could nod off at any moment. :evil
  3. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    As of now, myself and one riding partner are planning on leaving Dawson City after D2D and heading to Whitehorse then Skagway and ferry across to Haines and then on up to Fairbanks and finally back down to Palmer/Anchorage. Should be a fun little run. :clap
    Is the side trip off the highway by Stewart Crossing on the Silver Trail (Highway 11) into Mayo, Elsa, and Keno worth it? From the research I've done it looks to be a decent excursion that would only be a few hours give or take. Anyone done it? Yea or Na?
  4. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    Very fun road with alot of history... active mining going on up there as well. Great little Motorcycle friendly Pizza Joint at the end... friend of the Dick's.:wink: Worth the run in my opinion, who knows when you'll be back? Hell for that matter, stay on the Campbell and run south on the Canol from Ross River to Johnson's Crossing, then north into Whitehorse... Anyone riding that fun little jaunt cannot be accused of having Patriot Footballs!!!:lol3
  5. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seriously thinking about coming up for this. I was in Dawson City for a night in June of 2012 (just missed the D2D). Can some describe the types of roads for the Poker Run? I'm not much of an off road rider on my GSA with a 30" inseam. I did the Dalton to Wiseman and the TOW highway no problem on Tourances.
  6. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Many miles on dirt roads, but they are generally in very good shape. A few years back a guy did it on a Sportster running street tires.
  7. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I plan on having knobbies. Any installers In Dawson if I mail them up?
  8. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    No business there that will handle tires, but standby and you might just get lucky......
  9. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello
  10. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    Dick's Dust is the main man in Dawson... he can hook you up!:deal
  11. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    Everything you need right here! Hi Dick! :wave
  12. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Hola Amigo!
  13. -Meanderthal

-Meanderthal Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Did not hear about that. It was not during D2D and not coming from any push back, likely young dumb shits which there is everywhere. I think a couple of bikes were tipped over at the campground last year but no damage. When you consider how long we have been doing D2D and the last couple of years there has been 300 + bikes in town with really no major incidents, it is pretty dam good.
  15. White6Romeo

White6Romeo Sectum Sempre

Oddometer:
    Whats up fellas? Haven't been to Dawson since 08 and was wondering what the plan is for T-shirts. I think i remember there being a sign-up prior to the "event" where we could pre-pay for shirts. Anything like that in the works this year?
  16. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    LOL... To answer your question, 2008 was a year in which the T-Shirts were done by a fellow rider, and you are correct that there was a early sign up for them. The issue arose that if you hadn't preordered your shirt you were out of luck... lots of bad JuJu.:deal The "committee" took back control of the shirts/decals and things have gone smoothly since.

There is no pre-anything for this gathering, first come first served once items go on sale Thurs. June 18th. The sign-up thread here on ADV is just so we have a feel of numbers so we can organize accordingly... not official, and certainly not entitling you to anything:lol3 That being said, we'd love to see ya back!
  17. White6Romeo

Oddometer:
    Hells yea man I'll be there on the 18th. From my observations on here the gathering has grown substantially since the last time I made it. Does it make more sense nowadays to make a campsite reservation? I'm not really concerned about it. I know how accommodating the ladies are at D.T.G. :evil
  18. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    You know the sayin'... The Odds are Good, but the Goods are Odd!!!:lol3:rofl:lol3 Personally, I make reservations...Just sayin':wink:
  19. White6Romeo

Oddometer:
    HAHA Mind if I borrow that one??

And thanks for the heads up:thumb
  20. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    :D. Fer real? Friendliest town in all da Nort'! Hell, it's such a good group I dragged my 14yo along! Just good clean family fun in Dawson! Kindly Grandfatherly types like the Dick abound!