D2D 2017 General Info and Comment Thread (Read The First Post)

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jan 8, 2017.

1. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Same as last year you crazy snuggle bunny, you. We're on, and we'll square up on the cabin porch unless you want to get ahead of the ball.
    marbee40 and ThatGuy like this.
  2. Crusty

Crusty Cranky old fart

Oddometer:
    Due to circumstances, I will be unable to attend the D2D this year. I've heard that Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. That is true. I'm hoping to be able to attend next year.
  3. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a double queen room at Triple J booked 15-17 June.

I'd be happy to share the room.

I'm a non smoking, non snoring but reportedly a secret nocturnal passer of gas.

If you'd like to share the room please PM me.

Depending on weather may depart for Inuvik 17 June

John
  4. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    I may have a gas mask available to lend out to your bunk mate :D
    bigjohnsd likes this.
  5. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Better look for a HAZMAT suit.
    bigjohnsd likes this.
  6. akgsa

akgsa '16 R1200GSA

Oddometer:
    I'm in! Stars have aligned....and work has shifted, and I'm 90% sure I can go! Hoping to join Mike and the other Kenai inmates for the journey and campground.
    Dogslobber likes this.
  7. Too Tall

Too Tall Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Fite, This picture is from 2010, the first year we attended D2D. Can even see our bikes and ourselves in the picture. Thanks for posting.
  8. xcountry41

xcountry41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't search this question, I'll make it short. Will only be in Dawson for the night of the 14th and 15th leaving for a run to Inuvik early on the 16th. Do we still need to post in the sign up thread? Does Dick come let the air out of our tires if we don't?
    Regards,
    Gary
    marbee40 likes this.
  9. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nope. "They" claim it's 'not a rally'. So nobody really has to sign up for this "Sturgis of the North" cluster anyway.
  10. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tom, when are you going to stop being a lurker and a blatherer and get your ass in the saddle and come and grace with your holy presence, er presents? I inflate people, I do not deflate people! Words of a Dick!
    marbee40 and simestd like this.
  11. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gary, go ahead and sign-up. Take spot #6 since it is open due to a cancellation. We use the sign-up roster to ensure we exclude grumpy old guys who are looking for a rally to attend.
    marbee40 and xcountry41 like this.
  12. xcountry41

xcountry41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Grabbed # 6 and #128 for my buddy Rick ,not sure if he has an ADV handle but we'll change it if he does.
    have a room booked at the bunkhouse for the 14th and 15th but could be looking for accommodation if the Inuvik run got rained out. if someone has a campspot at the goldrush they would be willing to share, I'd be interested to hear from them.
    Thanks,
    Gary
  13. flyhi2cfar

flyhi2cfar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Question for those that have camped/or know: What are the issues midweek in June camping across the river in the gov'ment campground offering, and participating in the D2D activities? I suspect a "cage" would have a some waiting for the ferry, but what about bikes? Campground insider info, ect... Arriving Wed/14th afternoon till Sat/17th
    and I'm a greenhorn to the gathering with three others. We have a good attitude.
    Thanks,
    John
  14. The Dick

Oddometer:
    No issues, no waiting, bikes get preference, free ferry runs 24/7, already no darkness at night and by then sunshine except for a couple of hours of bright daylight unless it rains of course.
    Tewster2 likes this.
  15. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Montreal (traveling Americas June '17 to May '18)
    just signed up ;)
    Alaskajeff likes this.
  16. X-wing fighter

X-wing fighter Do or Do not, There is no try!!!!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was planning a memorial day weekend Jeep trip to Dawson.......now we are booked up for a D2D fathers day weekend.....much better trip.
  17. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    X-wing Fighter you are now #73.... Happy early Father's Day.
  18. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Heading to D2D? We're always looking for swag so if you can stop by any motorcycle related places along the way be sure to mention D2D and ask for donations. Eurosport in Tampa donated a couple of T-shirts a few years ago when I stopped in and the BMW shop in Sturgis gave me shirts and hats a couple of weeks ago. Kudos if you can snag a tank bag, dry bag, or anything that can go on the silent auction (all proceeds go to charity in Dawson). This year everything over $500 for the poker run winner will go to charity. Here's part of the letter I sent out this year to our sponsors explaining what we accomplished last year:

It’s always a great opportunity to have your company mentioned as a supporter of D2D. You can be proud of your support for the people of Dawson. Because of the contributions last year, the silent auction brought in $2,284 to benefit the Dawson Shelter Society. Half the poker run earnings, another $780, also was raised. That’s a total of $3,064 that was given to support two programs operated by the Dawson Shelter Society: the Dawson Women’s Shelter and the Healthy Babies, Healthy Mom programs. The banquet raised $7,875 for the Dawson City Fire Fighter Association. As always, they did a great job preparing the steak dinner for a lot of hungry riders. Beer and wine money from the banquet raised $2,000 for the Humane Society of Dawson, and over $1000 in proceeds from the midnight snacks at the games went to a local daycare. The people of Dawson are thankful for our support, all of which would not be possible without supporters like you.

And if they have already donated or have donated in the past, be sure to thank them! Let's keep the fun moving forward. PM me if you have questions or ideas, or if you have an item that might go toward the silent auction. There are a couple of things we could use if someone wanted to donate them. Thanks, everyone!
    ThatGuy likes this.
  19. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Dumb ass!
    marbee40 likes this.
  20. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes