D2D 2019 General Info and Comment Thread (Read The First Post)

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jan 6, 2019.

1. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    For most this is a difficult decision to make..... for others the decision is quick and easy.

.[​IMG]
    thirsty 1 likes this.
  2. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    The best part or taking the quick and easy path is you NOT living a complicated emotional unsure life being a, Rich, f---ing Richy, Rick, fu--cing Ricky, worst of all an actual dumb ass Richard, or just resorting to being just a Bob!
    With my early stages of the onset of dementia, my biggest problem is pushing the right button in the middle of all involved conversations with other so called humanoids!
    Some boomers arrived today on their bucket list adventure with help required and tire problems and they were politely told to fuck off!
    Bigbob1 and thirsty 1 like this.
  3. tommcgil

tommcgil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    (Your fluent flow of philosphy makes me feel like a tiny atom on the vast circumference of some minor planet)
  4. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Early stages.....? :hmmmmm

I am impressed that you seem to have mellowed. After all, you were polite when telling them to F-off.
    thirsty 1 likes this.
  5. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kevin, now hold on to yourself, I said, "Sorry I'm too busy and sold my tire machine to a young local mechanic, he should be able to help you"! How's that m----- f-----! Next thing you know, I am going to be carrying an umbrella and helping little old ladies across the road.
    X-wing fighter and simestd like this.
  6. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Yep, and here we have what just may be the only known photo of the illustrious Tom S making a D2D appearance. Notice his stealthy Sasquatch way of crossing Main Street hoping to go unnoticed. But I caught him! :brow And yes, I for one, do miss him so! Mark H.

D2D857.JPG
    simestd likes this.
  7. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Guess me and my KLR will be looking for some tent space in the corner of the Goldrush RV Park. :D

I'm also excited about Solstice being Friday night as there can be quite a gathering of locals up on the Midnight Dome behind town. Yep, late night post-games ride up to mingle with the masses. Fun! :choppa
    AK DaRla650 and simestd like this.
  8. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    Me too but when you’re trying to keep deadlines like to hand out cards at the poker run, sell T shirts, or setting up chairs for the banquet...sometimes you need to be on time:chace.
    Going to just hangout passed me years ago. Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy going but I try to help everyone out in an effort for everyone to enjoy the event. Hopefully my comment isn’t me hitting the button on the left of Huddy’s meme :D
  9. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Totally get it - and I appreciate the HUGE amount of behind the scenes work by the Gruvers and everyone else who pitches in to pull off this crazy event on behalf of the attendees and the various beneficiaries in Dawson. Graylin and I will be johnny on the spot for the volunteer slots we've signed up for - lending a hand and meeting new folks are a large portion of why we attend.
  10. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    Yep that’s why i go and it’s pretty much the only trip I get to take trying to balance family, work, and these dang short summers. :( I hated missing it last year.
    AK DaRla650 likes this.
  11. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Lets Ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to meeting everyone and being in Dawson City. I have reservations at the Gold Rush. @AKDuc you are welcome to camp with me in my spot. See you all in a couple of weeks!!!
    AKDuc likes this.
  12. AK DaRla650

AK DaRla650 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all I've just been watching and trying to learn. The wife I haven't gone on a trip before but we got the kids arranged to go to grandmas for a few days and we are both super excited to try to make it to Dawson but didn't plan or reserve anything in Dawson because who knows if we even make it past chicken we figure it'll be a adventure either way for us. With that said is camping something that needed to have been booked ahead of time we figured you could just find a campsite when/if we get there?

Attached Files:

13. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    Not necessarily. What tends to happen most of the time is that other MC campers at the Goldrush will make some room to squeeze others in. The owners of the place don’t mind as long as you and whoever had the original spot square up with one another. There are also a few other places you can pitch a tent throughout the town and prior to the ferry. I cannot guarantee anything but that’s why happens.
    AK DaRla650 likes this.
  14. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a spot reserved. You can say in the lap of luxury on the ground with us common folk. It’s burps at night and farts in the morning. The laughter might keep you up though. Threes a crowd and forza party. No spooning
  15. Fuzzy74

Fuzzy74 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just need to know who to check in with late afternoon of 20th to see what the needs are. I’ll be arriving afternoon on 20th. I'll be glad to chip in and help on a chore or two that evening or next day. Probably won't do the poker run as my riding partners on Goldwings don't want much off pavement.
  16. X-wing fighter

X-wing fighter Do or Do not, There is no try!!!!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you want to take a break from the 'Wings, I'll ride around on the poker run with you. If not I'll be running around solo!
  17. ptero

ptero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heading south out of Seattle for Dawson City, I think you need to turn your gps on! Shit if I know, it has been hot up here, maybe the poles have shifted, we a little sleepy in Dawson.
    The Dick

Team Pterodactyl Canadian HQ
    N64 03.268' W139 26.214'

Better check your GPS Dick (who's got a GPS Dick anyway?). The North Pole is on the move - some 30 miles a year...

https://www.sciencealert.com/naviga...ght-up-with-the-mysteriously-north-pole-shift

:bubba
  18. pzn tru

pzn tru n00b

Oddometer:
    I am unable to sign up for the D2D.Im in the backwoods of Alaska and can’t find a 3 year old to explain the “simple”instructions.Please help an old man.
    AK DaRla650 likes this.
  19. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Done, #122 - see you in Dawson :)
    Bigbob1 and outdoorsman like this.
  20. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Lets Ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is the Poker Run a dirt ride?