D2D 2020 General Info and Comment Thread (Read The First Post)

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
    What's everyone's thoughts on whether D2D will happen in June? I'm thinking the Border will be still closed in June, that'll effect a lot of riders coming up from the south. Also looks like any large gathering will still be banned in Canada at that time. Any insight into what's going on surrounding the event?
  2. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    There is a thread dedicated to this topic (Will Dust 2 Dawson 2020 take place?) Bottomline, decision on May 10th, but not looking good for the full Monty D2D. A truncated version perhaps still possible.
  3. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Okay, thanks for the link!
  4. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just need that border opened in August when I’m trying to drive my happy arse out of here.
  5. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    I would hope it is open by August but who knows!
  6. Bigbob1

Bigbob1 Rain Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    The dumb ass mayor had to give them 2 years notice of eviction as per their lease as the campground property is being considered for the site for the new recreation centre. The reality is that the campground site is likely as bad or worse than the existing messed up ground that brilliant engineers from down south assured everyone that they could design around. We have a mayor who challenges the wit, wisdom and balls size of a common mouse. Relax!
    Bigbob1 likes this.
  8. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Are they stopping none essential people from coming into and travelling through Yukon Territory? I know they are for the Northwest Territories but curious if they are for Yukon at this time? Thanks!
  9. Kerrizor

Kerrizor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last I heard was "If you're heading to Alaska, you have 24 hours to get through the province and you can't stop except for gas or food"?
    Lappeman likes this.
  10. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Border with Alaska closed except for travel through within 24 hrs, going to the lower 48 or up from. Top of the World border totally closed. Next review date, June 22. I am guessing that there will be no opening until both countries agree to a border opening for the total borders. I have been hoping for a border opening between Alaska and the Yukon but that appears to make too much sense and hard to wrap your head around when you have it stuffed up your ass!
  11. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Ya I know about US/Canada border, looking for info on Provincial/Territory Border...The US/Canada Border won't be open for a long time yet. I'm in Canada and just looking to see where I can ride without getting hassled! Thanks!
  12. The Dick

Oddometer:
    I am in Canada is like I am in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, vee are sinking/thinking! Yukon just opened up the border in bed with BC. Still some dumb shit between other provinces. BC and Alberta, I think they are still working on it. I would think/thinking, that if you had out of canader plates, you would have free rain, answer dumb ass questions correctly, you are on your way to self isolate at your new home in Anchorage! Have all the full in bullshit ready in your head and good to go. None of these stops/checks have any follow up protocol and ability, it is all a cover story we have so politely bought into. Enjoy a wonderful ride in our awesome country!
    Lappeman likes this.
  13. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Dick,

Graylin and I would like to donate a few shekels to the usual D2D charities, but I'm not really sure who the usual suspects are and how best to accomplish the donations. In general we've supported the FIre Fighters via dinner, and some others I seem to recall are the women's shelter, daycare, animal shelter. Any help or pointers? Graylin also wants to smuggle some Scott's for your lawn - but I don't want to get on the wrong side of the Mounties over fertilizer!
  14. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Awesome kind thoughts except for the Scotts shot. Going to be a lonely sad kind of weekend next week! I think with the logistics even tho maybe not be too onerous, is something that I would not ask Joanne to take on and I am certainly totally unqualified, even officially retired!
  15. Bretta

Bretta Ironbutt, D2D

Oddometer:
    It's Midnight. Can I have my decal now?
    Lappeman, bigjohnsd and Bigbob1 like this.
  16. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Any idea on when the Northwest Territories will open and allow us in? Really itching to get to the Arctic Ocean...I hear it calling my name! LOL! BTW I am Canadian... :ricky
  17. The Maz

The Maz Clueless and lost

Oddometer:
    From the Canadian Tuk thread...

Hmmm:( :doh
  18. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Well, that totally blows!