D2D Countersteering commitee Meeting

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by akrider, Mar 22, 2018.

1. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    The D2D sign ups have begun. My driveway is clear and I can almost get the bike out to the highway. All good signs that it is time to start planning for D2D 2018.

The counter steering committee will meet April 17th, 6:30pm at Guidos Pizza in Anchorage. If your willing to find a rewarding non paid position on the work crew for this years D2D this is your big chance. You do not need to attend the meeting to volunteer....just use this forum to voice your willingness to help out. We need help with everything from hanging banners, working the sales area, poker run registration, manning a poker run card station, banquet setup/takedown, biker games bike wrangler and on and on. I will prepare a worker assignment list based on interest and have a work schedule posted at the Tripple J in Dawson. Our Dawson host "Dawson Dick"
    always has step and fetch it needs during the event so if asked just jump in and lend a hand.
    Our motto...... WILL WORK FOR DICK

Besides putting in some time helping while in Dawson you can help by contacting Moto type vendors and asking for donations of items used for the silent auction, biker game prizes, and prize drawings at the banquet. Donations can be sent to Alaska Leather for transport to Dawson.

I will check this thread and my messages daily so keep in touch.

Thanks in advance for your help. Many hands make light work.

AKrider
    Dennis Stauffer
  2. simestd

simestd Packet plumber Supporter

Oddometer:
    In! Will be at the meeting and am looking forward to lending a hand. <insert obligatory anatomy joke here>
  3. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    You ever been to one of those 'meetings'? :uhoh

Counter steering committee.jpg
    simestd likes this.
  4. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can put me down for something. Not firm on attendance yet due to the Army National Guard. Will advise when it is confirmed.
  5. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ll show up for the pizza. Not sure if I can make D2D this year for the same reason as Uncle, the Guard sent my wife to the desert.
  6. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife wants to go to the desert too. But I think its in Nevada or Arizona.
    ThatGuy likes this.
  7. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    See You FF's at Guido's...
  8. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Trooper Vic,
    If you are reading this please contact me.
    Rumor has it that you might want to be player on this year's Swag Squad.
    Rog and Max are needing your assistance.
    Fite
  9. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    No rumor, boss. The man is highly skilled and has like, a PhD in event support raising. Did it for years.

I'll be at the meeting and happy to do more of the same stuff I've done in the past and if needed will always toss my hand in working for Dick. Bummer about the potential schedule snag, ThatGuy. If worse comes to worst I'll do my best to be a complete nutbar at this year's event to make up for your absence. You can like, change a shitty diaper in my honor. Or not :thumb
  10. Sparticus

Sparticus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We can help again if needed.
  11. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    I’m sure you’ll have to beat a certain somebody to obtain that title :D. No diapers to change for now...

Schedule at work just changed so I can’t make the pizza party. D2D is 50/50 so plug in me in on standby.
  12. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Roger dodger. Standing by.
    ThatGuy likes this.
  13. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:
    Wish I could make the pizza party... or follow through and actually help with anything in Dawson... but I won't, even if I say I will. However I am collecting up SWAG here at the shop as usual. Looking forward to seeing y'all soon! Maybe May's counter-steering meeting in Fairbanks? Healy?
    ADVBMR and ThatGuy like this.
  14. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Can people call into the meeting? Do you FaceTime? Skype? I think some adult input is in order.
    TheSeeker likes this.
  15. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I'll be heading the wrong direction this year with the re-locate to the lesser 48 happening the same time as D2D.
  16. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    Safe travels buddy! Amazing how time seems to fly. Two years behind you.
    AKmud likes this.
  17. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    After being the swag guy for a few years now, I'd like to pass the torch. I'm building a new house in June and have all the contractors on hold for the last half of the month, well, because I have to be in Dawson. But time is scattered enough between now and then so some help on the swag would be great. If there are two or three people that would like to pitch in I'll help with what I can. It involves a little creativity, sending some emails, and follow up phone calls. In the last two years we lost some long time supporters and gained some really cool ones. I have draft letters to email out so that part's done. See you all at Guidos.
  18. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I Should see you guys there. No bike show this year so this may be my only chance to cash in on some free Guido's. I'm not sure how much help I'll be at D2D, but I'm happy to volunteer for something if my schedule allows.

Andrew
  19. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I won't be able to make the meeting on the 17th as I'll be on my nightshift rotation. BUT I would like to volunteer for whatever: poker run, biker games or ??
  20. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Free Guido's! Are they hard workers?

I'll volunteer the hell out of you on every paper that hits the table, Jeff. I'll also have a slice or two in your honor and I'll put it on Andrew's tab because that's how you make it free, my friend. Let me know if you need anything else. :thumb

...and ADVBMR:
    What you need is Trooper Vic
    Andrewmc, Alaskajeff and ThatGuy like this.