D2D Recap

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Nosi, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Paulmer

Paulmer F' this, I'm going riding

Oddometer:
    Maybe he should have a meeting with the .........family
  2. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    Very clever, Gusgus. Personally, I signed up on an RV forum looking for contacts to the Excel group traveling Alaska for my 'father-in-law' ... Still trying for a photo, but a few of the principals have been identified. Think I'll run this by a 'family' friend of mine ....
  3. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gus and Harry:

Does the name Steve Benson show up anywhere in your research?
    Thats the name I came up with as a leader of the Excel Group.

Is it time to just tell Excel corporate that Mr. Leader is not making any friends for the company. What liability does Excel have with this guy at the helm?
  4. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    Not in my research. Not in corporate listings online or elsewhere that I can find. That's Gusgus's find. I talked to a friend who is an attorney and a cop and his advice is to contact the Alaskan state police and make individual reports of each of your experiences to the same office about each individual incident in Alaskan territory. It's obvious as posted here on this list that everyone thought their experience was unique until the others posted. A pattern has emerged and you have the description of the vehicle and the vanity licence plate. Individually your reports have little merit but together they show a dangerous pattern. As long as this guy is still in Alaska the state police should have enough to question him if not charge him. Hell, the dated responses on this thread should be enough.

BTW, Steve may well be my 'Ole Stan.' He didn't introduce himself to me. I thought I heard others address him as Stan. I need a picture to confirm, but this has nothing to do with the attempts to run you off the road....
  5. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    Maybe this info would be better exchanged off Advrider...

Just sayin'.
  6. Arcticflyer

Arcticflyer Dei gratia

Oddometer:
    On our way back in from Dawson my son and I happened upon a pod of five Excels on the Top of the World. My son was leading and carefully begain to pass; we had passed four of them when a car showed up in the opposite direction requiring us to pull behind the lead Excel. Once the coast was clear my son pulled out waited a moment then proceeded to pass. He was mid pass when the rig began moving towards him. I could not believe I was seeing this happen! My son saw the rig moving towards him and sped up to get out of the way. I came up right next to the guys door and pointed a finger right at him (not the middle one); he in turn gave me a finger (the middle one) and get this, he moved his rig futher to the left. Of course I had no choice but to move on ahead.

Now I am not one prone to road rage, but I was livid [​IMG]. As I cleared the front of the truck I slowed a bit, downshifted, leaned fwd and nailed the throttle and let the TKC 80 express my thoughts.

You can mess with me, but don't fuck with my kids.

I will watch this thread with interest. Let me know if any help is needed.
  7. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Your research is not necessarily correct, close but no cigar!
    I am being vague on purpose, due to a need to be complete prior to releasing the hounds. But I still believe that we should release them, eventually.
    Harry suggests we contact the police of troopers. My experience is not very reassuring when dealing with cops of almost any ilk.

I have STAN, I even know his wifes name, where they both work even his cell phone, but what if it isn't him? HUMMMMM?
    It requires more information and hopefully a picture.

But here is the "BIG PICTURE" The CEO of Excel, his wife, and the residing president was right along with the bastage, and sitting on the bus with Harry. They could have stopped it, should have reigned in this cowboy, and might be forced to recognize their mistakes very soon.
    I am off to work at midnight so Thursday I will be out of reach, just know I should be getting much more info and hopefully the pictures I asked for very soon. That is if the alarms haven't been set off.....:nod

If the alarms have been set off, we should have enough information to use it effectively.

I suggest a thread explaining the facts, with each person telling their story, then after most of the complaints and stories are entered, out comes the contact info where everyone willing can respond directly and much more effectivily and where OLE VAUGHN can come here and read the complaints first hand.

Fighter? Legion? Friar? Barb? Speak up now.........

Anyone who was "endangered" by this fellow should take this opportunity to explain it, describe it, help create a positive outcome.

Maybe it wouldn't be the best strategy to blame OLE STAN, but OLE VAUGHN, instead. He can get to OLE STAN more effectively than we ever could.

WAD YA DINK???
  8. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    The penguin and I shot by that group so qwick thay didn't know what hit them. that lead shit head never saw it coming of corse that maybe the reason all of you had this problem.:dunno
  9. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine neither, but---

You assume the boss man even saw or knew about it. He could have been bringing up the rear, several curves back.
    Just sitting on the same bus later don't count here.

Damn right.

Hell with that! Get at them BOTH. And do it right. Both ways.
    Read what Harry said again. He got damn good advice from an "attorney and a cop", get the cops involved first.
    That is a very logical first step, leaves a paper trail. Maybe something happens, maybe not.
    Is there an official charge termed 'vehicular assault'?
    After the cops are notified, and when all this ID info is confirmed, go after the Excel company peeps. Make them hurt on both fronts. Give them bad publicity. This moving over on bikes shit happens to often.
    A carefully crafted letter or three to the Editor of the local paper?
    Someone a good writer? Akrider, your are a great MC, can you write it too?
    Anyone friendly enough with Paul Jenkins think that he might write something up? He rode. I think he still writes a column for the Times, but, maybe he could get something published in the Anchorage Daily News, more people around here would see it.
    --couple thoughts--

Join their forum, -- "I was gonna buy an Excel until I talked to some of my fellow motorcyclists---"?

They will complain/reply that you were speeding, throwing up dust & rocks. Poor babies. So, be ready,--
    More thoughts--

"Sorry, I may have hit the front of your truck with a few little rocks, but I had to speed up quick after I had to slow down for a curve, you came up so close behind me that I thought you would run me over!"
    "All of your 10-15 (?) wheels were throwing up so much dust, we were choking to death. Had to get our little, exposed, bodies on just two little wheels around & far away from you."

You that had contact with these asshats should copy & paste your posts into your e-mail composer or something with spell check.
    Edit them real good & send a good report to the cops for starters.
    Then think about the rest of the 'outing' of the jerks that deserve it.
  10. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whatever is needed I'm in.

I didn't notice which Excel moved over on me, but one did. As I remember it was the one running up front, the last one in the line I had to pass. It was in the up hill with the cones marking the right side soft shoulder I remember that. Untill I read about everyone else having a problem I just thought he was staying away from the soft shoulder.

Now I know the rest of the story!
  11. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I SAY CAGE MATCH!!! :lol3 AUSUM YOU GUYS ARE TRACKING THIS A-HOLE DOWN.
  12. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Sorry to read about your situation, what a bunch of jerks.

I'm looking for some info on the ride. I want to hit this in 2009.

When will it be in 2009?
    What sort of preregistration is there/ if any?
    Is there a web site that I missed somewhere?

Thanks,
    CJ
  13. kodiakfrank

Oddometer:
    Glori and I deal with the same crap with several of the RV's moving to the left while we attemped to pass.

I think MK got the same treatment...
  14. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I kept 'er pinned through the gravel sections and uh, one or two others. I know that there were a bunch of vehicles through there that said Excel on them but other than passing same I didn't have any interaction with them.
  15. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    There was a fifth wheeler that made a valiant effort to cut us off on the inside of a corner.
    I had forgotten it, MaGus reminded me, well actually had to explain and remind me of the entire occurrence.
    It was fully in it's own lane and abruptly pulled across towards the inside of the same corner we were passing at the apex, I didn't feel threatened as the Valk was well within the realm of kicking ass speed, a twitch of the right grip and we were at holy shit speed. So as fast as he crossed the center of the road we were by him. MaGus was startled and reminds me of things like this. So I guess I have some of the story as well. It was a tractor (not a truck) pulling it but couldn't tell what kind.
    MaGus said it was white....:oscar
  16. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    bump....
    Do we allow this to die off....
    I am willing to help,,,but not alone.
    Tom is right but with participation like this what is the point?

:scratch
  17. TRACTOR RIDER

TRACTOR RIDER No Rules Gruver

Oddometer:
    Cathy, Chaos, and I had no problems, we just went around them when we got to them.

I must have passed them while they were napping.:lol3

TR:huh
  18. kodiakfrank

Oddometer:
    Edited for accuracy...

:lol3
  19. kodiakfrank

Oddometer:
    What is your proposed course of action?

I'm all for sending emails to the organization and media outlets.
    What other avenues do you have in mind?
  20. TRACTOR RIDER

TRACTOR RIDER No Rules Gruver

Oddometer:
    Get a list together, we got all winter to F#uck with them.:deal

TR:huh