D2D Update Info

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Roger that.
  2. BeachBusker

BeachBusker R.I.P. George

Oddometer:
    SKIP FORDYCE HARLEY DAVIDSON In Riverside, California just gave me some neat prizes to award for D2D. They are hosting something called Thunder Eagle this Monday and expect 5000 bikes. But when I said D2D was 100 guys drinking a town dry in Northern Canada, he was impressed enough to make a donation.

I am departing May 31st up 395 to 97 to Cassier to Fairbanks where I hope to meet up with you all on the 11th.:grinner

My only affiliation with Skip Fordyce is I normally give them a percentage of my income.:jose
  3. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    gets a definite 'nod' whenever I'm in Riverside next!

They get it... :deal

BeachBusker, have a fun and safe ride to AK, and we'll see you at the Turtle Club in Fox at 19:00.
    Need directions? (907) 978-3603.

BTW y'all, the Howling Dog saloon finally pried open their doors Friday... been a long winter there, s'truth.
  4. rowansride

rowansride recreational menace

Oddometer:
    Missed #49 eh? oh well.... At least We promise not to drink beer or talk shit.
  5. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
  6. BARB

BARB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fite, come to the shop today (Monday). I want to experiment with a different color. I'm there 10-5. Thanks, Barb
  7. rowansride

Oddometer:
    he keeps a bike in Chaing Mai, Thailand, and spends a few months a year there. He I still the shortest thing on two wheels in this state. His brother is still running Alaska Boats & Permits down here and is a major cause for the success of the Homer Racing Lions MX club down here... It cracked me up a few years ago in Daytona how many people saw my plates and asked if I knew them....

Totally unrelated note.... yesterday I was talking to a friend of a friend down here who was camping on the Denali Highway two days ago. His wifey went walkabout to gather firewood to cook the steaks, and called the hubby over, "What does this look like Honey?" He said he walked over and took a gander... " why sweetie, I looks like a Human arm stripped of skin down to the wrist... And that? That appears to be the remanants of a Human torso less all the tasty bits...."
    They marked it and went and found the troopers.
    Both of them are in the medical profession, he a doctor, she a nurse, so they weren't too grossed out. But what a way to start your Memorial day vacation.... At least they'll have a great story for the peeps in San Diego.
    Funny thing was he said the arm looked like it was severed with an implement. I'm not sure though, Griz teeth can do some ugly things indeed.
    Nothing in the news yet, Troopers are keeping it quiet for now.
  8. rowansride

Oddometer:
    You should check out me and chris' new seats... This dennis guy down here is amazing... you should send us some seats to recover for 50$ and we'll sell them for 300$ up there and split the profit. Nicer than my last POS Corbin. He's only done about five so far but each one looks better than the last. Can't complain about the price either.
    Can you find me a set of repacement bulbs for my PIAA 1100x lamps? Part#15352 thanks, Rowan
  9. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Man im really in need of a seat thats bearable. My stock seat on the Strom basicly sucks and D2D is just around the corner. Do you know what his turn around time is? Is he able to change out the foam? Would rather see my money go to someone local. Im recovering from some knee work could drive it down anytime!
  10. rowansride

Oddometer:
    He (Dennis) works from home. His buisness number does'nt work anymore for some reason. We have just been leaving our seats with his wife at her job. He was called Lotus Blossom Designs. not sure if he can shape foam but he's probabaly not afraid to try I bet... turn around for us was about 3-4 days to a week, although I suspect it only takes a couple hours of actual labor. 40$ for a /7 seat recovered and 60$ for my GS because he shaved the part for the back of my ass back and narrowed where my legs ride when standing up.... it is closer to looking like my stock GS seat which I'm using more often these days.. I want to make clear that my actual ass Was Not Shaved as part of this procedure!
    If he can hook you up, you can crash around here if you need a place. small cabin but plenty skookum camping available.
    Oh yeah, we had to supply our leather ourselves... Barb has some thick stuff we used... one hide did four seats if I remember. Lots of tiny blemishes and whatnot in the hide from bobwire on the last few seats but who gives a fuck? They look decent and he's able to pattern it so there are less but larger pieces, and none of that cheesy naugahide shit that those monkeys at corbin use between the two seat pads and on the sides, that cracks the first time you ride in the winter.
  11. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan. Ive got my truck camper so Im set there thanks. Is Dennis in Homer? Id have to bring the fishing gear to pass the time. If you get the # e-mail to me me if you would. Maybe we could hook up and I can buy ya dinner as a finders fee!
  12. rowansride

Oddometer:
    I'll get his # from my friend. I'd ride down so he can get a better idea of what you want from him...give him your pan for an afternoon and ride around on your sleeping pad while he works his magic. Either way nobody is allowed to stay out on the spit. I have a big spread and it's stumbling distance from the Down East Saloon. That goes for Anybody.
    It'll take longer for almost sure because all the seats he's done for us are off the pattern he made from Chris' Dual Canyon corbin. And unless he's working on a similar seat, He'll need to make a different pattern. BTW this guy can make that nasty ass couch your old lady wants to burn look like new. ditto for RV and boat interiors.
  13. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:

Say what? No camping on the Spit anymore? :huh
  14. rowansride

Oddometer:
    you can camp there, but after this memorial day, the ground will smell like pee for a month, and let me tell you from experience, the average highschool kid can steal 200-300$ worth of your beer out there in a few hours....
    it's like Coney Island out on the spit right now...
  15. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

I'm all about "experimentation"
    Dropped by yesterday afternoon to catch you before 5:00 but the excellent weather must have driven you out a tad earlier than posted. Can't blame ya. Had the Blue Brick out for a little jolly time and battery charge. Rumbled by the homestead about 4:20, saw the new Suzie... but kept going. Too fine a day. I'll stop in this evening to see what ya got brewin'. Fite
  16. akjohn

akjohn AKjohn

Oddometer:
    In Spenard, Experimentation can result in some "hard-to-explain" consequences.:eek1
  17. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    \

"Sorry Officer...
    .......I just thought her friendly manner, high boots, and leather jacket made it perfect for a little ride on the back.

Always been a sucker for.... "take me for a ride"
  18. MooseKiller

MooseKiller Tripod

Oddometer:
    Surprised you didn't mention the "4:20" reference... :bmwrider
  19. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    14 days from tonight..... we'll be holding court in Tok,AK and the Benchracing/BSFest will be in full swing.:huh
    Just thought you would like to know.:deal
    Carry on. Fite
  20. Smith898

Smith898 Dancin Man

Oddometer:
    Just booked my rooms at the downtown hotel so there are still some rooms available. Did we have a special rate worked out? I booked in at $89 canadian. I am ready to go all looks good . Got my 2 dz batteries and am raedy to ride.