Dakar 2016 Photo F5irehose

Discussion in 'Racing' started by kaia, Dec 28, 2015.

1. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Many thanks kaia for posting all those wonderful images.... i now have much glorious wallpaper to rotate through until next year.....

:clap
    kaia likes this.
  2. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    photo related article from RedBull: http://www.redbull.com/au/en/motors...1/red-bull-dakar-photographer-marcelo-maragni

How does a pro get the perfect Dakar shot?
    Brazilian photographer Marcelo Maragni tells us his biggest adventure of this year’s race.

[​IMG]

When you see some of the stunning images of this year’s Dakar Rally, chances areMarcelo Maragni has shot them.

Brazilian snapper Maragni has been covering the event ever since it landed in South America in 2009, and is again following the trail in 2016 for the Red Bull Content Pool.

Here’s a taster of some of his images from the 2016 Dakar so far:

[​IMG]
    From a great height: Another all-seeing shot© Marcelo Maragni/Red Bull Content Pool

[​IMG]
    Up close and capturing the action: Toby Price© Marcelo Maragni/Red Bull Content Pool

[​IMG]
    Marcelo gets behind the scenes too: Ayrat Mardeev© Marcelo Maragni/Red Bull Content Pool

[​IMG]
    Sébastien Loeb meets some muddy waters© Marcelo Maragni/Red Bull Content Pool

Driving the specially-adapted Red Bull Content Pool Land Rover, Marcelo’s task is to get right into the stages and as close to the action as possible, before transmitting the photos in real time via Inmarsat, but that inevitably comes with a few adventures attached…

We hit the water and it came straight up over the bonnet of the Land Rover...

“My biggest adventure so far this year has been on the road from Uyuni to Tarija in Bolivia, on the way back to Argentina,” explains Marcelo. “We were on a gravel track after we had been to the stage: there weren’t any other cars around.

“We’d been into the stage at kilometre 76, taken some good photos and then sent them straight away using the Inmarsat satellite link in our Land Rover: it’s so convenient to be able to do that.

“We were heading back to Tarija and suddenly we saw this wave of water coming from nowhere down the hill towards us. There was no way we could go back as the water was rushing straight towards us, so our only chance was to go forwards. We hit the water and it came straight up over the bonnet of the Land Rover: that’s how deep it was. It was like driving a boat and I had no idea what was going to happen next!

[​IMG]
    Sometimes you have to dig your way out!© Victor Eleutério

[​IMG]
    Fighting through the mud at the Dakar© Victor Eleutério

[​IMG]
    Marcelo uses the Inmarsat to send his images© Victor Eleutério

Thanks to the special equipment on our Land Rover and especially the snorkel exhaust, we were able to come out of it.

“We kept on going like that for about 100m, then the water went down slightly and I knew it was going to be okay, as by then it would only have been up to my knees. So we kept on driving, as high as we could, in order to get away from it. There was a little bit of water that came into the Land Rover, but luckily it wasn’t much.

“Only then did we start filming a little video, because before it was quite a serious situation and we were just concentrated on getting out. It was definitely a close call. Luckily though, thanks to the special equipment on our Land Rover and especially the snorkel exhaust, we were able to come out of it.

[​IMG]
    Marcelo on the hunt for a great shooting spot © Victor Eleutério

“I actually think that Bolivia loves me, as it’s always trying to stop me from leaving! Last year I got stuck in the salt flats; this year it was the water that tried to keep me there. Next time maybe I should go with Joan ‘Bang Bang’ Barreda – he always seems to have bad luck in Bolivia too.”
    dooby likes this.
  3. xrotivx

xrotivx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry if this is a repost! Bianchi Prata, a portuguese rider recorded is stages.
    Prologue

1st stage

2nd stage

3rd stage

More to come on is youtube channel:)

Enviado do meu LG-H815 através de Tapatalk
    lvscrvs and *kartman* like this.