Dakar Dazed II - Part 2: The road to Dakar 2015

Discussion in 'Racing' started by JMo (& piglet), Jun 4, 2014.

1. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jenny,
    I can't thank you enough for all the support & encouragement you have given me. I am beyond excited and hopeful that we can pull off the funds needed to make this dream come true!!! We are working on t-shirts to sell, having a couple local fundraisers and things along those lines. As you said up until a few short months ago I hadn't even considered this something I could achieve due to the costs, but after my win at the Baja 500 & my DAKAR challenge win there this became real. I am so thankful for this opportunity and the support I am receiving and if we pull it all together I will do everything I can and then some to not only finish, make everyone proud but win at 19 years old my dreams are becoming a reality
    Tony
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard buddy.
  3. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very sad to hear this news of your entry rejection Jenny. I was so looking forward to meeting you in BA in January, after following your progress for the last couple or three years. You've proven you can bounce back from desperate times before though so keep your chin up and fight on another day:deal.
  4. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @beechum1 thank you! I am in awww of this whole opportunity
  5. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    One of the best "first posts" on ADVRider I've seen:clap. Welcome to the asylum Tony.:freaky
  6. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you! I never think I have the right words or convey the right amount of gratitude that I have, as nothing can compare to what is happening right now. I will never take this (or any other) opportunity for granted
  7. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Vamanos tocayo! I'm psyched for you, a great opportunity that you worked hard to earn. Congratulations and Good luck!

Jenny, I'm gutted for you. Good work on what you have accomplished so far, good luck on what comes next.
  8. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. RenoMoto

RenoMoto Rally Navigator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tony:

Contact Dave Peckham at Rally Management Servuces regarding navigation training. He is in SF.

Or me! I'm in Reno (grew up in Santa Cruz)

[email protected]

Congrats,
    Mike
  10. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks... We will be in Reno in 2 weeks.. maybe we can meet up at the finish line of the V2R? Or something to chat

Tony Gera
    https://www.gofundme.com/a9o308
  11. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Truly gutted to read the news Jenny,

To many fans the Dakar is not about the high profile, well funded, factory teams with the top riders, its about the privateers. Blokes (and girls !) you meet out riding the local trails - friends who have a dream and are prepared to go to hell and back to achieve the dream.

If the organisers want to cut the privateer numbers then where does this leave the Dakar for the future .......................
  12. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is so great to hear that there is a great potential for privateers. If you you had chance to read what Jenny said about my story you will see what exciting news that is for me.. my family, friends, and the supporters I have so far are just amazing. I am just now getting a few promising and exciting leads from Jenny's help and support. She is just amazing. Your post sure have me a bit more hope as well. Take care & I will try to start a thread of my own when I do my 690 bike build in the near future, which will be a "donor" bike & will be looking for support in this build as well.. SPACE FOR RENT....

Tony Gera
  13. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Well Alessio, Jenny already did the Heroes Legend a few years ago, basically the same kind of Africa Race rally both in organisation and routes... anyway is still a fantastic experience:1drink

Very sorry for the denial Jenny, also a friend of mine got a NIET, but there were people who got the starting number without any kind of completed race last year, and I'm very curious to see if the will be accepeted again for 2015 :evil
  14. Hagenblad

Hagenblad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really bad news indeed Jenny, and I hope you'll make it back next year. Rally Albania next year maybe? Also, I think Tony hasn't given up the Dakar-dream.

The LC4-50 is on it's way and I'm looking forward to try it now after dyno. Felt good in the Tuareg rally, and better in Hellas.I have a tight rocky enduro track about 8 km from my house, and the instructions from John was "Drive like you stole it" :D. I started riding big bikes, so it shouldn't be any problems. Also I love the idea, so just for that matter, that bike should be on the Dakar podium (wheeling).
  15. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry to hear the news, Jenny.
  16. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Definitely have NOT given up. Not even close

Tony Gera
  17. Hagenblad

Hagenblad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ops, sorry. I meant Tony Landh in the team. He also got refused this time, but I have a feeling he'll be back.

/Carl
  18. ericGSsti

ericGSsti Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very sorry to hear about ASO's not excepting your application Jenny.

A small not to Tony. Best of luck.
  19. crashkorolyk

crashkorolyk just happy to ride

Oddometer:
    sorry about the rejection Jenny,was really looking forward to seeing you have a go at Dakar again,keep moving forward & good luck.
  20. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Thank you everyone!

Although I'm now going to have to take a back-seat this year, I'll still be beavering away in the back-room so to speak...

Our [team] priority now, since the Swedish bike has shipped to Carl for testing and evaluation, is to get a suitable US donor bike for Tony Gera to build up into his LC4-50 practice & Baja 1000 race bike for the rest of this year...

Tony has a huge uphill climb to get his funding in place in such a relatively short space of time, but one thing is clear - this guy gets some serious results, and has the massive support of his family and friends behind his racing career - so if anyone here can help him directly or via a suitable introduction, please do ping him a PM or contact him through the links to his Facebook page etc.

This is such an awesome opportunity he's been gifted by ASO - and all of us at Rally Raid and Torque Racing want to see him on the start, and of course the FINISH podium of Dakar next January!

Jx