Dakar Dazed II - Part 2: The road to Dakar 2015

Discussion in 'Racing' started by JMo (& piglet), Jun 4, 2014.

1. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once again I can't thank you enough Jenny. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I am also sorry you won't be at DAKAR this coming year as it would be an honor to race along side you. My battle trying to raise funds & get the donor bike is definitely a struggle but one we are working at all day every day. The time frame I have is so small but I have high hopes & a lot of dedication to trying to get this done. Once again thank you thank you thank you I can't say it enough.

Tony Gera
    https://www.gofundme.com/a9o308
  2. SFCootz

SFCootz I'm only adult shaped Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is so awesome. I will be donating to you next payday. :ricky :freaky

Please keep us posted!!!! :happay
  3. TonyGera702x

TonyGera702x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you I appreciate the support & I will keep posting.

Tony Gera
    https://www.gofundme.com/a9o308
  4. Dingaan

Dingaan n00b

Oddometer:
    That's tough Jenny. I've been following your exploits since you took the Tenere for a spin through North Africa many moons ago. In fact I bought a Tenere, rode it as hard as a KTM950Adventure (my previous bike) and proceeded to have the dealer in tears every week!

That story of yours helped motivate me to start the Amageza Rallye. Now in its 4th year its recognised by ASO has tough enough to build your creds towards getting a Dakar entry.

To further help the guys and gals prepare for Dakar, I have a discount for everyone who's Dakar entry has been denied for 2015 of 30% on the moto-, and rider entry fee. If you have qualified for Dakar 2015, and want some last minute training, you get a voucher equating to a 50% discount on your entry fee.

You could race my KTM690, or Kawasaki KLX450. Both has a rally-lite setup. I would offer you my brand spanking new KTM450XCW, but I haven't even had the chance of falling with it yet! :rofl

My contact detail is on the website: www.amageza.com
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Wow that's an awesome offer, have fun in South Africa Jenny :thumb
  6. SteveDennehy

SteveDennehy Steve

Oddometer:
    We're nice people, here in South Africa. More of you should come and ride Amageza. It's a beautiful country, we have brilliant riding, great people, braai, beer, we've got it all...... :wink:
  7. Minora

Minora Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Source - http://amageza.com/web/gallery.html]

Now doesn't that look tempting, and the weak ZAR is def in your favour :deal
  8. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Wow! As Deadly has already said - that really is a fantastic offer!

Steve (Dennehy) has already suggested entering an LC4-50 in the Amageza this year (it particularly appeals since the conditions, and indeed Malle Moto style of the event is perfect for the LC4-50 - very much what it was designed for!) - but the problem of course is the logistics [and not least cost!] of actually getting the bike there in time for this year's event...

The offer of a ride already out there makes this much more realistic in the time frame - let me speak to my chief sponsor and see if this is feasible at all...

Of course ultimately it would be sweet to get me on the LC4-50 in another competitive outing this year - but either way, it will stand me in good stead with the ASO for next year's application... ;o)

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Jenny xx
  9. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am really sorry about how the whole thing turned out Jenny...
    Don't lose hope though, as other inmates said, I am sure you can do it, and who knows, may be it is for the best. I always tend to think it this way...

Plan, ask and get ready for next year in my opinion, since it's the first year that the lc goes to Dakar, I am sure next year the package will be even better. So my cards would be on you to ride it. If there is any way that I can be of help, just shout.

Looking forward to following the story one way or another,
    D.
  10. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    Now, that's talking! :clap :clap :clap
  11. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    PM Sent.
  12. DMCOZ

DMCOZ CPWDON

Oddometer:
    Why don't you enter Australian Safari it still has a Dakar Challenge category - winner gains entry to Dakar...
  13. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hey, there's a plan!

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I'm not sure that is going to work... ;o)

Jx
  14. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    That is a great way to get a ride in the Dakar. You don't have to win Safari, just be the highest placed competitor who ticked the "Dakar Challenge" box on the entry form. I suspect there'd be very few ticking that box unless they were already committed to doing the Dakar race, due to the rest of the cost involved. You'd have an excellent chance of winning it, JMo. Safari entries close in 5 days (on the 22nd from memory) and you'd still have time to ship the bike. DMCOZ would be the perfect team for a support package (other than our humble team offering :D) - all you'd have to do is say "Stuff it, let's do it!". :evil
  15. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hee hee - I did look into it... unfortunately, as I suspected, the Dakar Challenge is only for first time competitors - see the clip of the regs below:

[​IMG]

Jx
  16. geoz

geoz Orange rules

Oddometer:
    Have you done the Safari before? If not you are a first time competitor.
  17. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have a 19 year old US rider, Tony Gera, who won an entry for Dakar 2015 this year as first prize in his US desert racing programme.

Tony has just won Ironman Expert, and finished 7th overall in last weeks Vegas-Reno on an XR650, this guy has a KTM LC4-50 deal on offer for Dakar 2015 from Rally-Raid Products in the UK, but has to raise the dollars to fund this once-in-a-lifetime challenge.

With all the support from US ADV inmates, this has to be a possibility to get a young US rider, with proven speed, into the biggest off-road event in the world.

We here at Rally-Raid Products are prepared to send him an LC4-50 motor with factory Tractive suspension in readiness for his Baja race(which he won as Ironman last year) so that he can get used to a Dakar-spec 450cc motor.

There must be some US inmates that can help Tony from Santa Cruz, CA, to achieve this, he is looking for a KTM 690 Enduro to use as a donor bike for our 450 motor and suspension...........any offers??

ADV LINK

TONY GERA FB

[​IMG]
  18. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    Bugger JMo, didn't read that bit about excluding previous Dakar competitors. Have you thought about changing your name by deed poll, maybe assume an alias or forging some documents? It could work if nobody says anything. :evil To the French, we all look the same anyway.
  19. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that's funny. :D
  20. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    ....Except those who have competed previously in the Dakar.....