Dakota Adventure Loop

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by SD113, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. buddy10mm

buddy10mm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Digging Gumbo"... TOTALLY!!!
    Anyone who hasn't done the Black Hills needs to see them! No, they're not the Rockies (I live in Utah), but they've got their own incredible beauty. My wife is from SD, and we go there several times a year. The Hills are wonderful. Thanks for the RR!
    Ladybug likes this.
  2. SD113

SD113 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes I worry the black hills will become the next Bozeman. The hills suck! South Dakota sucks! Tell all you friends!
    jdfog2 likes this.
  3. Addapost

Addapost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha ha Right? I remember being out there one summer about 5 years ago. Outside Magazine was looking for nominations for their annual "Best Mountain Towns" article. There was some chatter about nominating Spearfish or maybe it had already been nominated. There was a louder campaign to NOT vote for Spearfish. Shhhhh! Keep the secret. Lol.
  4. buddy10mm

buddy10mm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh that's right! The Black Hills are TERRIBLE!! Especially the food and people and scenery! Whatever you do, don't go there! I'll take one for the team and go myself...
    jdfog2 likes this.
  5. SD113

SD113 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have land by Pactola lake. Plan on building in 6 years. I can't wait. Love it there. It's own special place in the world.
  6. buddy10mm

buddy10mm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jealousy... rising!
    My brother in law has a "place" in the Hills. I have yet to go there because of work schedules. All I know is, every time I see pictures, I go a little green. I agree - the Hills are their "own special place"! I love the Rockies, I love the desert, but the Hills are something special.
    SD113 likes this.
  7. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Sorry, it's already been discovered. The Jackpine Gypsies have been showing thousands of motorcyclist the Black Hills and SD every year since 1936: https://sturgis.com/resources/about...oting the racing,club is still running strong.

I've been there a few times and it is a great place for people watching. Riding is much better any other time of the year than the first week of Aug. :D
  8. SD113

SD113 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    True...but the "discovery" I'm referring to involves ridiculous land prices, taxes, and "better ways" of doing things...good coffee usually though.
    Ladybug likes this.