Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BMW Kurt, Jan 13, 2019.

1. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    "What problems? I am just being me. I am awesome, pay me!"
    Vrode likes this.
  2. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    As of right now: No Zeke and Dak wants $40 million, which he is not worth. So Dak may be gone as well. I love watching this dumpster fire continue to burn.
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  3. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw that the other day, he hasn't proven squat but suddenly is worth $40mill, he isn't worth $30 and I don't care what the bobble heads on golic and wingo say about about market demand. Wilson, Rogers and Brady have proven they deserve every penny as they drag the teams to victory. Look at the money Wentz got and he hasn't even finished a season, it's all on fear and screwing the rest of the players.
  4. phillyrube

phillyrube Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me know when they play the Perkins School for the Blind.
  5. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would argue that the only person in the NFL worth $40 million is Belichick.
    KSO and shrineclown like this.
  6. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    And he doesn't complete one play.
  7. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Dak is worth more than Wentz and the dumpster fire you’re seeing is in Washington and New York, not in Dallas. They’ve got one of the youngest, strongest rosters in the league and they’ve got a cubic shit ton of cap room.
    BMW Kurt likes this.
  8. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    This infographic (which you posted BTW) shows that Dak is worth the same if not a tiny bit less than Carson Wentz, yet he is asking for 10 million more. He is not worth that, he will only get it is Jones is a moron, and if he does there will be all sorts of discontent among the other players because he is making too much. The dumpster is still on fire, and burning proudly. You need to take off the fan blinders and accept the reality as everyone except Skip Bayliss sees it.

[​IMG]
  9. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Neither are worth what Wentz got let alone more money like Dak wants. Teams have a serious issue going forward with the money they are paying on hopeful talent at best, the talent they need around them leaves and look like crap.
  10. stevie99

Oddometer:
    Who won the NFC east last season?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/
  11. stevie99

Oddometer:
    Dallas signed Jaylon Smith to a long term team friendly contract insuring that the cowboys will have the best LB group in the NFL for the next half decade.
    jay547 likes this.
  12. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    Who cares, who won the East? The Eagles went just as far in the playoffs WITH A BACKUP QB. And this whole Zeke/Jerry Jones saga is getting out of control and threatening the building that the dumpster backs up to. Jerry says he is joking, but Zeke doesn't see it that way. You will be very lucky if he actually plays a down for the Cowboys again.
  13. stevie99

Oddometer:
    08F833FE-BEAD-4A0E-AA04-EE6868BF1B05.png

But it is a way to quantify a few things for Dak Prescott:

A) He plays winning football at the most important position.

B) He plays winning football at the most important times of games (and hopefully this piece showed you that contrary to popular opinion.)

C) He is making many of the biggest plays with his arm on downfield throws that require skill and effectiveness. In other words, they can scream all they want, but he isn’t hopping on the back of Ezekiel Elliott in these spots and he can’t be replaced by a fern or “any other quarterback.”

Should it matter? Unlike fantasy football numbers, winning should matter an awful lot. Given the plays he makes, and the mistakes he doesn’t make, I don’t see how we should just ignore a pile of evidence that seems to continue to grow in his favor.

In these key moments in games throughout his first three seasons, Prescott is converting at a very high, league-leading rate. One that makes you think he might actually be pretty good at what he does for a living.
  14. stevie99

Oddometer:

Zeke will get signed, it’s not nearly the drama you wish it was. BTW, the eagles don’t have that QB now, they’re stuck with Wince who’s yet to play in a playoff, much less win one.
  15. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wentz is fine. The pre-season means exactly nothing. We will be good. Skins suck, and the Giants might be more of a dumpster fire than the Cowboys. Should be an entertaining season.
  16. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Quite a beatdown the 'boys put on Houston tonight.
    stevie99 likes this.
  17. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Do the Cowboys still suck?
  18. JeepDawg

JeepDawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    <cough> Jameis "Crablegs" Winston <cough>
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.
  19. stevie99

Oddometer:
    They’re going to run through the NFL like crap through a goose. They’re going to be so good the league will make them play a man short all the time and they’ll still kick ass and take names.
  20. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    And meanwhile in Realityland...Zeke is most likely out at least for the first 5 weeks. They are no where near close. The big issue seems to be Zeke's asshattery off the field. Zeke wants a large amount of guaranteed cash, and the Cowboys are saying no, because you may get suspended because have and continue to act like a freaking moron. The Cowboys are unique in that they are built around the running back, and having a good one makes their Defense better because they are not on the field very much. This is not going to be the season you wish it to be.