Dave and Julie: Out There...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by iDave, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Merlin III

Merlin III Long timer

Oddometer:
    The thing that makes Dave's report different is that it is more about him than the ride, IMHO. We get to see Dave's personal side which predicated on the RR seems real genuine and likeable. :clap
  2. senecahome

senecahome Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dave, thanks for the time and energy you put into sharing this RR. I have been following along for the duration and have enjoyed your pictures and writing style (yes, a book could be in your future). I do believe that you have realized a part of your dream stated in post #729 -- "hope that it motivates one or many, to do the same…”

Will your summary include a route map of this adventure? That would be great.

Oh, and I am not too far from you - just on the east side of Harrisonburg and mostly retired so have more time to ride. :clap Check in if you get down this way. -Glen
  3. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dave,

Thanks for the great Ride Report. I thoroughly enjoy your writing and photos. Looking forward to future rides with you and Julie.
  4. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Jick Magger

Jick Magger Exile on Main Street

Oddometer:
    Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
    IDave Quote: "I rode the bypass through Bakersfield to the southern tip of town. I think it was actually the eastern edge, not southern . Anyway, was now dieing of thirst so I pulled into a gas station.

Up until this point in life, the only thing I knew about Bakersfield, California is Mick Jagger wrote a song about speeding through town, listening to a preacher on the radio, and being thankful for not getting a speeding ticket"

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Great ride and great song Dave :beer

Here you go.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLU8C9WeIH8

All the Best,

Jick
  7. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your journey with us. I am amazed at how much of this great country you covered in under 3 weeks. I feel like you had a brisk pace but still the time to stop and reflect and absorb what you were seeing. If you and Julie ever make it up the NH way beers are on me.:freaky
  8. LFD Kansas

LFD Kansas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After drooling over ride reports from around the globe and longing for passports and shipping quotes, I find this ride report. Incredible writing Sir. Thank you. You remind me that there are huge adventures right here where we just need to hop on and twist the throttle.

I found this report at 6pm. It is now way past a reasonable hour for me to be productive tomorrow. This is my bookmark, Pg 27
  9. donnymoto

donnymoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent report Dave! :thumb
  10. Dbear

Dbear Hanging on

Oddometer:
    Ok, so isn't it about time for you to get back on the road and start providing entertainment to the rest of us?

:lol3

Great report Dave. Can't wait for the next one. Gonna go back and read some of your previous work in the meantime.

Thanks again for bringing us along!
  11. Ks-Rydr

Ks-Rydr from the land of Toto

Oddometer:
    That was a great job Dave :nod.... but without having read your story also, you just don't get the full effect :deal.... pictures are good, but you bring them to life for us :photog.... You really did an awesum job with this report :thumb.... Thanks for letting me ride along with you, :ricky I had a great time :clap....
  12. cleanair

cleanair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report Dave.
  13. Goran69

Goran69 MNE

Oddometer:
    That last pic........:cry
  14. arraflipper

arraflipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great video what a way to finish off a great report. I was able to remember a lot of shots and where they were. It makes it much better reading all you posts. The details make it all seem so special.

Well how do you out do this one, got a place in mind, yet? :clap
  15. Reverend12

Reverend12 Well there it is..

Oddometer:
    Sweet job on the video Dave, really compliments the ride report, got new tires on the FJR today, You now have me itching to take off on wanderlust for a while. Won't be long until I do. Take care.
  16. Roadrunner

Roadrunner -Negativus Supersonicus- Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great ride report!

Being from NM you did a great job of capturing the riding experience here, and the isolation - which can be spiritual - of riding the open road and facing the ever-changing elements, feeling independent, and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. :thumb
  17. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Fantastic photography and writing. The video captures the highlights of the trip, and sometimes the speed of travel, but you have to read the ride report to get the essence of the journey.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post such a great ride report.
  18. BOBaloo22

BOBaloo22 Tony & Catnis

Oddometer:
    WOW Dave! What a great RR, pics, video and telling it from the heart. First class! Thanks again for taking us along.
    Bob
  19. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    another great one iDave! THANKS for taking me along :D
  20. Ol Man

Ol Man Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really enjoy your reports. When and where is the next adventure?