Dave and Julie: Out There...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by iDave, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Elkhound

Elkhound Hunting Dog

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed it all Dave, from start to finish. Outstanding RR!
  2. gnuse

gnuse Ride to Fly

Oddometer:
    I'm not always sure what to say as your RR's and videos can invoke so much emotion and so many thoughts. Sometimes the "random" thought switch works good enough to respond with.

Personally I feel connected through your writing and I know others do also. I can remember the first post of yours that I read. It left an indelible mark with its style and photography and that is a good thing. I know you appreciate the impact you make and you always seem to understand how to balance the serious with the not-so-serious aspects of life.

I still look at every V-Strom that passes, look at the helmet, and the eyes of the rider just in case we happen to be in the same area while riding. Your mention and picture of the Booger Hollow Store still takes me back to that report and I believe Demononthebrakes was a part of that ride. You "took" us on that ride and shared the experience and the friends, thanks. I ride through that area quite a bit and I always pay respect as I pass by.

I was up near Franklin this weekend and as a part of most rides was looking for a place to eat. I guess I wasn't aware of the place you mentioned in your video as it was prior to my watching it. Now I need to head back up there, just not sure where to look.
  3. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dave,

The video is a nice way to summarize the ride and I really like the musical selection. It's a touching rendition of the song that I first heard performed by Rolf Harris.

Still looking forward to the opportunity to shake your hand, look you in the eyes, and tell you, "Job well done!"

Tim
    "
  4. PrtclMn001

PrtclMn001 Custom User Title

Oddometer:
    I've been traveling so I fell behind on the report for a bit - took a while but finally got caught back up.

I chimed in before but had to chime in again and say, well done, sir. Well done.

(again).

-James
  5. Oldone

Oldone One day at a time!

Oddometer:
    Dave,

I don't know if you'll come back to see this but I hope eventually that you will. I only posted once, several weeks ago and at that time I thanked you for "taking an old man along" from my recliner! Since that time, I've read every word.

I just wanted to tell you how much you added to my life, even though still from my recliner. It's obvious that I sometimes wished that I would've done something like what you were doing when I was younger but on the other hand you left me with warm feelings almost like being there with you at times. It was your way of presenting your experiences that did it.

So once again, my sincere thanks to you and may I wish all the best to Julie and you.

Gary
  6. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas Dave, Julie and your entire family! Hope your day is wonderful.
  7. capeklr

capeklr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas Julie, Dave and your family.
    Jorg and Lily.
  8. DBrentMiller

DBrentMiller Sojourn Chronicles

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas, Dave and Julie.

Dave, that was a wonderful tribute to Julie that you posted above. We don't get to see enough of her comments and thoughts about riding with you. So ... forgive me for reposting this video of you and Julie talking about riding. I think everyone will enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/AsFJXGqYhv8

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Brent
  9. Ks-Rydr

Ks-Rydr from the land of Toto

Oddometer:
    Thanks Brent !!! :thumb :thumb :thumb :nod .

and Merry Christmas Dave and Julie.....
  10. BOBaloo22

BOBaloo22 Tony & Catnis

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas Dave and Julie!
    Bob
  11. Oldone

Oldone One day at a time!

Oddometer:
    A beautiful family......May the New Year be a healthy and happy one for all of you.

Gary
  12. gypsyrr

gypsyrr undiscovered

Oddometer:
    Yay! I found an iDave and Julie report! Superb so far, but I'm only on page 20
  13. ddavidv

ddavidv The reason we can't have nice things

Oddometer:
    Holy crap, I didn't get anything done this holiday season. Too busy reading this RR. :D Today's weather was unbearably cold, windy and damp. My bike is totally apart for a repaint. I was kind of down because I haven't been on it in weeks, but this really helped. It's been a delight riding along. Don't wait too long to do another trip.
  14. mike_c

mike_c n00b

Oddometer:
    Out. Of. The. Park.

Dude, that was a stellar ride report! Really made me wish I could have gone along rather than going to work that morning when we parted ways. You DEFINITELY had the better day, LOL.

I had to register here just to say thanks for the link, and many thanks for the enjoyable hours I've spent reading it. I shared the link with Kathy-- I presume you don't mind. Bummer about the sensor on the Canon, but think of it as an opportunity to strengthen your Photoshop skills, and an opportunity to practice throwing the camera at stationary concrete objects.

Work on the teardrop continues apace. I noticed a couple of gratuitous teardrop pics in your narrative-- maybe next time we get together it'll be somewhere out in the desert with the trailer. And speaking of pics, you have a real eye for composition. Great shots, pink skies notwithstanding!

Give my best to Julie. I haven't seen Launi or Zach since they were babies, and haven't even met the rest of your spawn at all, but tell 'em uncle Mike says howdy! We're still hoping to get out your way next October for a weekend of HS reunion merriment (jeeze, we all look like our PARENTS...) but we'd dearly love it if you and J find yourselves out here on the north coast sometime. Or maybe just meet us somewhere out on Rt. 50 in the middle of Nevada. I know some killer hot springs....

--Mike C.
  15. Reverend12

Reverend12 Well there it is..

Oddometer:
    Mike welcome to ADV. Place is a lotta fun!
  16. Merlin III

Merlin III Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hell Dave, I have read a lot of fantastic ride reports. The thing that put your report over the top was that you made the reader feel like one of your best friends. Boy, what a nice set of pictures of the family. And thanks for taking the time to respond to every reader who posted. Over and out!
  17. blackhorserider

blackhorserider ---

Oddometer:
    What a wonderful tribute to such a beautiful family.

Peace out,
    Hillie
  18. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow. Great report Dave! I read this from start to finish in two sittings.....just fantastic. You have a real gift of connecting the reader to your experiences and feelings. I felt like I was right there with you the whole trip! I am also a commercial coatings contractor and have ties to Virginia, so I really felt connected!!!!! I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you someday.
  19. AZST

AZST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you iDave. :super
  20. Max Wedge

Max Wedge ADVenture mowing

Oddometer:
    Great idea for responses, Dave. Very personal, great background choice. I think it sets a new standard. :D