Dave and Julie: Out There...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by iDave, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Oldone

Oldone One day at a time!

Oddometer:
    Dave,

The trickling water in the background brought back many memories of various parts of your RR and your words of gratitude were very heart-warming.

Thanks for taking the time once again. I'll be looking for more adventures from you, that's for certain.

All the best to all of your family,

Gary
  2. Louisiana Rider

Louisiana Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Am I the only one who can't get all the video's to play?
    Dave,great ride report as usual!
  3. capeklr

capeklr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dave what a special way to finish a ride report and thank everybody that came along.
    I really appreciate the effort that you put into your ride reports. It feels as if I'm riding right behind you, although my KLR could never keep up with your VStorm.:lol3
    Yes I live in South Africa.
    One question for you. When you are out there riding, do you ever think about the ride report and your regular followers?
    Jorg.
  4. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Dave, That was neat! Thanks for all the work to respond like that. :clap:clap:clap
  5. dfwscotty

dfwscotty Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hard enough to do a nice ride report but to take the time to respond in the thread to each of us and then add a video at the end?

Priceless!
  6. Reverend12

Reverend12 Well there it is..

Oddometer:
    Dave, the video was cool, Thanks for the response, if Ya make it to Alabama, let me know if ya need anything at all. Weather has been nice down here! Ride safe.

Rev
  7. AZST

AZST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Impressive stuff Dave......love it. I remain pissed....we were about 3 days apart when you were running those roads in Cali in Septemeber......if I had known....well, I would have loved to shake your hand brother. Keep doin what you do.
  8. badguy

badguy Susan

Oddometer:
    That was a hell of a way to catch up on the responses :lol3 Thanks a lot for that. I'm going to try to come out to the meetup, but it's still up in the air for the moment.

Six inches, huh? :rofl
  9. guitarhack

guitarhack Long timer

Oddometer:
    You got it, Dave.. Diet root beer it is.

Nice video bud.
  10. rodr

rodr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yo Dave, nice way to wrap up! I lived in Reston, VA for a short time around '92 to '94 and met the woman I married in that area. Good memories of Great Falls! :D
  11. Goran69

Goran69 MNE

Oddometer:
    Now .....what a way to finish report.......:clap:clap
  12. DetoX68

DetoX68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. jimbowie

jimbowie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR. My wife and I will be hitting Moab and all points west in Utah starting the last week in May. The pictures are worth a thousand words for sure. It will be a great reference for us as we head out that way. Thank you so much. We enjoyed every bit of your report. Thanks for taking us along.
  14. HazMatt

HazMatt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR Dave! I just finished it (after many hours throughout the week). I am new to ADV riding, but you inspired me to jump right in. I just got my bike sorted out last weekend (an '89 Transalp that was in storage for almost 20 years), and will be joining some inmates this weekend to ride a piece of 'road' (its all dirt/sand/rocks) I have wanted to explore for years (Bradshaw Trail in California). I'm already planning a summer trip with my wife. We travel the same way you do, no reservations, going where the wind blows us (although usually in our Jeep). I hope we can meet up one day, but untill then ill be looking for your next ride report (and probably searching for previous ones, I REALLY enjoy your style).

-Matt
  15. prometheus rising

prometheus rising Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer:
    I.m reding this now for the fourth time and I swear it just keeps getting better and better.

whats up for a 2012 adventure?
  16. halldp

halldp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dave,

I finally got a chance to finish this ride report. As usual, it was another awesome report, especially the addition of the videos. I really envy your ability to describe your trip and the pictures make me want to get out there myself. Hopefully this year.

Best wishes,
  17. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    iDave,
    I just completed page 21 of this fantastic RR.. Your encounter with Dave from Canada, had tears rolling down my cheeks! I was laughing my butt off..
    I was tipped off about this RR by a fellow inmate when I mentioned I was catching up on a bunch of RRs, because I'm nursing a broken fibula from a ride down in BB TX.
    This is great. I love your attitude. I am going to try meeting a few more people on my trips.. I've been fortunate to take some long trips. BTP, among them. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences in Southern UT. It's in my bucket list.. Highway 50 is beautiful in your part of the world too.
    I'm also going to try taking a few more pictures! I'm always in a big hurry.. I just hate to get off the bike.
    Your an inspiration.. Thanks for telling this fantastic story..:clap:clap

Edit.. I finished reading and viewing this morning. Took a few weeks, now I will have to find one of your older RRs.. Ha. Great read. Thanks again for taking the time. You are amazing.
    Jeff
  18. Robert-31320

Robert-31320 Agent of Chaos

Oddometer:
    Good Sunday morning to you, Dave! I just completed reading through this RR. I appreciate the time you take to share this beautiful country with those of us stuck in our little corner of it.

Hoping to one day be able to do the same for others.

Cheers,
    Robert :beer
  19. Witold

Witold Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sup Dave? Remember me? I just noticed your report. I'm not at all surprised you're still racking up those miles and was expecting an epic report here, but I am surprised it's still on the Loveshack.

I guess it is true love! :D
  20. Witold

Witold Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, 2004. I can't believe it has been that long. :eek1

Time for Starbucks ride for sure. :deal