Dawson Run July 2019

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by 907ADV, Jul 3, 2019.

1. 907ADV

907ADV n00b

Oddometer:
    We are doing a run up the Top of the World Highway to Dawson this coming weekend. My wife will be riding her brand new Versys 300 and I'll be on my F800GSA. We weren't able to make it for D2D this year due to scheduling conflicts so this is our version of it. Any recommended side trips while we are out there? Also if anybody else is planning to be in the area we'd like to hear from you. Will plan to post a ride report.
  2. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    A side trip to Eagle and even down Clinton Rd ot 40 mile Rd(I believe they’re the same road) to the old townsite. Especially if you don’t think you’ll ever be through that area for a couple of years. Once into Dawson you could do the route of the Poker Run. It’s a nice off pavement ride around. Someone aground here may have a map of it.
    The Maz likes this.
  3. Beezer

Beezer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anchorage, formerly Spenard (hub of the universe)
    ya, Clinton road takes you to the townsite of Fortymile. turn right just before the 40mile river bridge. also kind kool to go to Clinton & roost around in the old asbestos mine
    ThatGuy likes this.
  4. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie

Oddometer:
    Asbestos? Then you’ll need to call one of those TV commercial lawyers :lol3
    thirsty 1, AKDuc and Beezer like this.
  5. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up, part of the poker run loop, Hunker Creek, is closed off and on due to a very large forest fire in the area.