De-lurking from Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat: New Member Introductions' started by Commodore, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Commodore

Commodore Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've already (ab)used y'all's advice for gear and potential rides enough, so I might as well register and say hello too.

I'm Todd, from Atlanta. Current ride is a 2015 CB500X, which I got in May 2018 nearly-new and have clocked 12k miles on so far, roughly 800 of those off-pavement. Meh, it takes traveling a bit of boring freeways to reach the fun roads from here, and that wears down the MT60s way too fast. It's time for a new rear again.

[​IMG]

Added engine guard bars and Barkbusters after that pic was taken... thankfully just in time for some tumbling.

4 drops thus far; one on Tellico Road in western NC while I was still getting the hang of gravel, and three of them on Shoal Creek Road in northwest Georgia. (Two in the creek itself... yeah, I should judge the depth and creekbed a little more critically next time.)

[​IMG]

[...down we go!] A full thread of pics from that ride:

https://twitter.com/ToddVierling/status/1049111425644417024

And if you ever see this helmet on the road, you'll know it's me. (Yes, I'm an incurable nerd at heart; and now you know where my userid comes from.)

[​IMG]
    15's Pop, EZMoney, IndiBiker and 2 others like this.
  2. EZMoney

EZMoney Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Commodore likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heh, sure. I might even have a few places up my sleeve somewhere... or maybe that's just dirt I need to clean out of the mesh still.

(Of course, "not far" is relative. For me, a 300+ mile round trip is just another weekend day.)
    EZMoney likes this.
  4. EZMoney

EZMoney Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We'd sure love to have ya! Our Ride 2 Eats have been less frequent this year due to the weather but you are welcome to join us for those as well. They are usually posted here

https://advrider.com/f/threads/georgia-bs-o-rama.1160103/page-233
  5. P 0 P E Y E

P 0 P E Y E Bald rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hooking up...........That back tire too

Welcome
  6. ZCarFan2

ZCarFan2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Curiously, I also have a few C 64s and a CB500X.

I'm out near Rockmart. No freeways - the fun road starts a few hundred feet from my house.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nerd pride! :clap (I have a frighteningly large collection of 1970s-1980s computer hardware, and a chunk of that is probably going to be donated to the computing museum in Roswell.)

I know that area a little. I am east of Atlanta close to 285, so it's not too painful to get to better areas from here. It just means wearing on the knobs much faster than I'd like. I'm too hardheaded to resort to towing a ride.
  8. ZCarFan2

ZCarFan2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Or geek pride depending on where you fall in the spectrum... :D
  9. 15's Pop

15's Pop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    greatly enjoyed your water crossing "experience", still looking forward to my first chance to dump my bike in a stream.
    pops