1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Deadman's Gulch Rally

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Andrew2, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Took the shockie to Shock Treatment today and they reckon it'll be done by next Thursday if they can fix it:(. It'll be touch and go for Friday but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll let you know.
  2. Giddy Goanna

Giddy Goanna Fat tanks 'n skinny women

Oddometer:
    Hey A2 (or anyone else with knowledge of the area), Google Maps took me from Charley's Forest road along Scenic rim walking track and Wog Wog walking track (set to travel via car) to Yadboro flats.
    Are these V-Stromable roads or are they really just walking tracks and google maps is having a brain-fart?
    Cheers.
  3. Redback

Redback Average aussie bloke

Oddometer:
    Some sections are clay and can be slippery if wet, but the road has a rock base so not too bad, it's easy 2WD access all the way to the campground from all directions.

Hey Andrew Weather will play a big part for us, something I never thought I'd ever say, but Ness is not confident on wet dirt roads as yet.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...6b2012d4c236f1d!8m2!3d-35.340588!4d150.217899

http://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/...adboro-State-Forest/Yadboro-Flat-camping-area
    Giddy Goanna likes this.
  4. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    Well I’m down n out :ace I’ve done my back in so no riding for me for at least another couple of weeks :(
  5. Redback

Oddometer:
    I've aggravated an old rib injury, coming home from Marulan I was in a bit of pain especially on the bumpy roads, but am hoping I can still go if the weather is kind.
  6. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I'm picking up my shockie in an hour so the weather had better play it's part.
    Let's see how it pans out later in the week Barry. I'm going to pack anyway.
  7. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry mate but I wouldn't know. If it says walking track then I'd assume you wouldn't be able to get on it. As Barry said, the main road in is easy from both directions.
  8. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler

Oddometer:
    There's only 2 real options, Western Distributor off the Kings Hwy or In from the coast via Clyde Ridge Rd and Yadboro Rd
    Giddy Goanna and Redback like this.
  9. Redback

Oddometer:
    There is a short 4WD track from the main trail Clyde Ridge Rd up to the Mt Mogood Lookout/trigg point and a longer track down from it called Cattlemans Fire trail and back to Yadboro, more scenic route.

I've done it numerous times when out exploring, I found this from Dirtbike world

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80369
  10. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Man, that sucks. I've been there, it is really shitty but life does get better (eventually).
    It's a bit tough these days that you can't buy codeine over the counter anymore, a bloody prescription is required ($80 doctors visit, $38 prescription) for what used to be a $10 purchase (with change). And we all know how useful the painkillers are on the chemist shelf when we are trapped at home with a crippled back.
    You have my sympathies.

On another note, I'm watching the forecasts. It could go either way at the moment.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  11. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:
    Cheers godsilla, the doc in emergency wouldn’t give me anything except a certificate for a few days and encouragement that it could take up to six weeks :becca:bluduh
    Lucky I had a triage nurse with a bit of sympathy and a big needle :sick

The lad was all pumped for a ride too so he’s disappointed... hope you all have good weather. :kumbaya
  12. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Well I'm going in on Friday - just to stir the raingods [ taking big tarp !]
    Will be a few in there apparently - Friday sessions are often the best nights !
    Hope you fellas - Feral & Gods - come good for the Trout ?
    Cheers
    Baza
  13. Redback

Oddometer:
    Well the girls have spoken, we are out, to be honest I wasn't looking forward to riding the bike with dodgy ribs and putting up the camper once we were there.

Have fun, hope the weather improves.

Baz.
  14. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    The weather is the great unknown at the moment.
    Batemans Bay is forecast for a little rain both days, but Ulladulla (much closer to the rally site but just up the road from BB) is forecast to get a bit of a soaking on Sat. and some back-up moisture on Sunday. Interestingly, the forecast overnight temp difference is around 8 degrees for these closely located coastal towns.
    The rally site is inland maybe 30-40 k's as the crow flies, and the weather is from the e - n/e, so it may be considerably drier at the rally site. :dunnoAll speculation of course.
  15. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope it doesn't rain.Last time I got caught there when it rained.
    My first pictures 005.jpg My first pictures 007.jpg
    dunc, GodSilla and sidetrack one like this.
  16. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was the weekend I was heading in to meet you and Paul and you had that big save on the way out.
  17. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler

Oddometer:
    Yes, I remember!! Over 2 hours for a normal 30 minute ride!!!
    101_0001 (Medium) (2).JPG
    dunc, hunter_greyghost and Andrew2 like this.
  18. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Outta action - right shoulder sucking up big mobs of Tiger Balm [red], felt a grind last night putting up ceiling sheets
    Not feeling like the ride in this wind & the next morning aches & pains - rather stay home & veg-out
    Have a good one folks - Trout rally next try !
    Cheers
    Baza
    GodSilla likes this.
  19. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Ageing is a bastard eh Baz. I got a phone call yesterday from the local horsepiddle, they have me booked for a surgical appointment on Tuesday (bloody short notice) and the dieting/gut-cleansing regime begins on Sunday, I suspect the dietary requirements might knock me out of this one. I find out today.
  20. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Looking out my office window ATM across the Basin towards Pigeon House - cant see Pigeon House so I'm guessing there is some precipitation a brewing ....