Deal Alert..Helinox and Exped spotted at Winners

Discussion in 'Canada' started by theshnizzle, Jul 2, 2020.

1. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just came from my local Winners( where the shelves are very bare) but.....as I wandered over to the men’s section I see two Helinox chairs! Authentic. One was the Sunset chair, which I already have, and the other the Playa...which I bought and am sitting in right now. Comfy!

Then ,Eureka! I see an Exped deluxe pillow! Then the Exped day hammock. Then one more Exped pillow. If you haven’t tried one, I highly recommend them.

so.....I “ may” have bought both Exped pillows, and the Exped hammock...and of course, the Playa chair by Helinox. Comfy!

The chairs were $129.99 each. MEC price for discounted color is...$194.99

The Exped pillows and hammock were $39.99.

I can’t find a current Canada in price for the pillow but American sites say in the $52 to $55 USD range.

Which now means I have to ride to a few more winners and see what they have and it’s friggin hot out!
    Hollyr and CCitis like this.
  2. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    7544B5A7-4637-4EED-A0E9-F954EECD439A.jpeg
    Cal likes this.
  3. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Apparently you can use the stuff sack as a pillow and put it at the topcoat he chair a la sunset chair. Not shown are two mesh cup holders on either side. Not cheap thin mesh either. The little side wings make very comfortable armrests. The seat is low and tilted back slightly,it’s quite comfortable. The shape and position of the legs means you won’t sink in anywhere. It’s a bit heavier than I prefer BUT I’m a super light traveller but I dunno, I may have to make an exception for this chair. Next up.....
  4. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exped mega pillow.BOTH sides are soft microfibre. It’s shaped oh so slightly to cradle your head. Nice and large. Easy to inflate. Water bottle for scale. Stuff sack on the right side. C101723B-6FC3-412D-9B3D-4EA10E4BD446.jpeg
    3D3803CF-C9DF-46A8-8C02-A44C0A61409B.jpeg
    Cal and glasshousebc like this.
  5. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I need a pillow so going to check it out. I usually give Winners a pass when the wife and I are shopping. Maybe I shouldn't
  6. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check homesense as well. I have found lots of good camping, travelling stuff at those stores.
  7. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
  8. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Winners is great... Last week I needed a long sleeve, light, breathable shirt for an offshore kayaking day. Didn't want to coat myself in sunscreen, and not wear heavy cotton.

Checked a couple placed (covid, so wanted to minimize my time shopping) BassPro and sport check 50-60 bucks. Winners, a Reebok moisture wicking, almost mesh like perfect shirt for 15 bucks.

Only thing about Winners, it's hit or miss. They had the one shirt, one size. But If I'm shopping for something, and think at all that Winners may have it, I'm going there.

9. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn. I have been looking for something like that myself for kayaking. Even with 60 sunscreen my arms are getting crisped. I found Nike solar golf sleeves that you pull up over your arms like a stretchy tube. 8 bucks for a 2 pack. I will have a look in the mens for a top like that.

Btw...the beach chair and the playa chair are very very similar. I havent done any research yet but having a quick look again at the beach chair above perhaps the addition of the arm rests and dual cupholders are the difference, they dont seem to be on the beach chair...strangely enough.

The pillow attachment is different on the playa as well.
  10. glasshousebc

glasshousebc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Our local winners here in Cranbrook is virtually devoid of stock... shelves totally bare

photos taken this pm

D6FE6D4B-1671-496F-A1DC-F77F2EA96961.jpeg 09723C74-7C86-45CC-8EBC-45108A7688AF.jpeg

Unreal.
    Maggot12 and gpfan like this.
  11. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know right? Heres what i found at a different winners.
    20200703_153915.jpg
    glasshousebc likes this.
  12. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    The bottom sleeping bag was 230 bucks!
    850 down. Cold weather bag. Looked really nice. The other one was 100? I think. Down alternative. Its called something that i cant remember now.
  13. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
  14. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Yeah those pull on sleeves will work. I've never had good luck with fitment and like the looser fit of the long sleeve shirt. The shirt is white too and so light, can feel the air blowing thru it. Need to get a few more. Mater of fact, I think I'll take a walk to my local Winners today.

Does your chair have the flat feet like the pic I posted above.

15. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been meaning to ask you , the shift you got, was it in a box like the mens undies or hanging on a hanger?

Can you tell me what brand or model or whatever it is you have for reference? Although im kinda digging the sleeves. They are tiny and portable, weigh nothing and even come in a tiny pouch. I will post pic when home.
  16. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes has flat feet with bent low legs. I rather like the little armrests on the playa chair. They arent on the sunset.
    Maggot12 likes this.
  17. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Post up a pic of your shirt. I want something loose fitting as well.
  18. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    It was just hanging and they only had the one. No such luck in my walk too store. I cut the tags off as soon as I got in the car.

I'll try to find a link.

Here's the shirt. Reebok running. It has the little reflector on the back, and can see the mesh like material. Now that I found the link, I know what to seach for to get a couple others.

https://www.reebok.ca/en/running-essentials-tee/FK6564.html

Edit.. this would be another very similar shirt and locations near you for pickup. May order one myself, but the 10 buck shipping fee is slowing me down.

https://www.nationalsports.com/prod...eve-top-crushed-cobalt?variant=21242698432591

Edit again. Said fook it, and bought the blue one in the link.