Dealer feedback - Indiana/Michigan/Chicago??

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by IndyTim, Aug 26, 2004.

1. IndyTim

IndyTim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Folks

I'm on my way to 1200GS ownership, I'm happy to say, but already hitting a few bumps in the road. BMW of South Bend just shut its doors, but not before they returned my deposit on the new 1200GS I ordered... :deal

I'm now trying to find out what folks think of other BMW dealers in my area. I'm looking for feedback on sales experiences and service quality.

Here are the next closest dealers:

BMW of Grand Rapids
    Woodson BMW (Ft Wayne)
    Chicago BMW (on Western Ave)
    Cycle Werks of Barrington

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
  2. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    South Bend closed??? Ouch!

Chicago has a rep for low prices. They're owned by the same people that own Chicago Harley. I like the guys that work there. I've not had any work done by them.

Barrington can be difficult to work with, and may not have your product in inventory. The techs are okay. Most likely won't help find a bike for you. May be willing to deal.

Tag is the new dealer out west (Geneva). They've had some 1200's, but don't know what they have now. Seem like good people

Rockford is a great goup of guys and very willing to find a bike for you -- John the tech is outstanding.

Revard in Indy is also outstanding from what I've heard.
  3. IndyTim

IndyTim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, bummer. Placed a deposit on a 1200GS. They were supposed to call me when it was in. When I hadn't heard from them after 4 weeks, I stopped by to find they had closed down. Luckily they still had voice mail turned on, so after I left a message about my deposit they returned it right away.

I've heard others talk about both Rockford and Revard. Rockford would be a bit of a trip, but Revard is doable.

Thanks for the feedback, Karl.
  4. danbrew

danbrew GSAdv.com

Oddometer:
  5. STBO

STBO Confused Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tag Sport is a GREAT dealership!!!
  6. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    Revard is good.

I picked up my used dakar there. The only beef I have with them is price.

They do not budge a nickel from MSRP. Good service and a good team there.

I would recommend them anyday. When I finally pop for a 1200 GS I'll go there.