Dealer/shop support in Italy and Germany

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Dirty Rice, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Dirty Rice

Dirty Rice n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone. I’ll be moving to Germany or Italy within 6-8 months for a few years. I currently ride a big Harley and I’m going to get rid of it for an ADV rig. Narrowed it down to a few bikes. My question for the locals is how is the dealer support for the multistradas, super Tenere, and Africa twins in that region? Please correct me if this needs to be in another forum. First time posting here.

Thanks
  2. Don T

Don T Bike Addict

Oddometer:
    Dealer support from any of the big Japanese or European brands will not be an issue in either of the two countries - or any other European country for that matter.
  3. Dirty Rice

Dirty Rice n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much.
  4. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    The bikes you cited - both old and new ones - are well known and diffused ; will be easy not only to find dealers , but also mechanics able to deal with them.
    when you have decided the country and place , ask here and will probably get some advice and first-hand impressions.
  5. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    All the big manufacturers have a list of their approved dealers on their website. You could also use e.g. Google Maps to locate shops in an area you're interested in.
  6. nickguzzi

nickguzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably better than the US - everything is closer together. Ducati? compare their output to that of Honda and Yamaha. Sales = Support.
    Not non-existent, but could be further to travel.