Dear Motoport:

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by motorradfahrer, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Say @Wayne at Motoport are there website updates coming? I'm trying to get a clear handle on the colors available for a jacket (Marathon Air Mesh) and I'm seeing Marathons shown with colors that aren't on the swatches for Air Mesh jackets... leaves me a bit confused. Also, do you have a picture of the inside of the jacket? I would like to see how the interior pockets look. Thanks.
    Gondul likes this.
  2. Andrew

Oddometer:
    Checking back in, and kudos to Rob and @Wayne at Motoport for the quick turnaround altering my Marathon Mesh jacket. It cam way too long in the sleeves, and flappy loose in the body... but now it's snug perfection, and I'm happy. Maybe the default fit is looser than I was expecting, but they were pleasant and quick with the turnaround. I feel securely swaddled in kevlar and armor, and the liner on its own keeps me warm in cold air on the freeway.
  3. Wayne at Motoport

Wayne at Motoport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Andrew,

We made a completely new web site a little over a year ago. We are currently still installing new photos and videos. Colors can appear different with different photos. Let me know the colors that you are confused with.

We did have an inside photo of the jacket on our older web site. One of the problems with our new site, all photos had to be new taken with a hi-rez camera. Standard we have a horizontal zip chest pocket and a very large vertical zip pocket in the inside back section. These pockets are standard on the inside of all the Marathon and Ultra II Jackets. The large vertical zip pocket can be used to store both the jacket/pant liners or a large camel back water bag. The water supply tube can be routed up through the hang tag loop and used for drinking while riding on hot days. We can also add another horizontal zip pocket in the chest area for $19.00.

I'll try to get a photo of the inside of the jacket on our site ASAP.

Best regards,
    Wayne
  4. Andrew

Oddometer:
    Wayne, see my post above yours, I have a jacket,that was sent back for alterations, and I'm now happy with the fit. And the colors, pockets, etc. I bought an Arcteryx Gamma MX to wear under the jacket, and it has the right balance of insulation and wind-stoppage, but still breathes. The MotoPort liner also stops the wind, but doesn't really breathe much. I'll keep it for rain.

I have some suggestions for improvement in a few areas, and I'll send them by email. Loving the wrap-around feel of the armor.