Dear Motoport:

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by motorradfahrer, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Give it a break man. I don't think you realize how silly you are looking.
    Ciao, Steve
  2. rcompton

rcompton I am not Iron Man

Oddometer:

You always seem to have a lot of lab data, but I wonder why you so often dismiss real world experience with products? Do you believe a test done by a machine in a controlled condition carries more merit than speaking to 50 riders who have had real world accidents in a specific piece of gear? I understand all the BS about CE being the only blah blah blah...... but have you spent nearly as much time actually speaking to people who have actually crashed wearing something?

In other words, where is YOUR data that CE certified protectors actually work better in the real world?
  3. Serge

Serge Parrothead

Oddometer:
    Wayne,

I got my air Mesh Kevlar Jacket and Pants last week. I wore them without the liners for around an hour like suggested. They fit great and I echo everyone else's positive comments.
    Where is the knee armor suppossed to "place". While standing up the top of the armor is just below (less than 1/2") the top of my kneecap. While sitting on the bike: you know how the armor has the three "cloverleafs" on top? The cutout where the two bottom cloverleafs meet the single bottom piece that covers your shin is about 1" to 1 1/2" below the bottom of my kneecap and the top is about an inch above the top of my kneecap.
    The thigh armor is a bit closer to the knee armor than my crotch. It leaves about 2" to 3" of my upper thigh exposed when sitting on the bike.
    Sorry for the detailed explanation, I hope it makes sense. Do you think I need to send them back to get the knee and thigh armor moved "up" an inch or so? I just want to be sure the armor is in the proper place.

Thanks
  4. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    when I see a post by license2ill, I pass right over it. As someone on another forum stated, "you're the reason cigarette lighters have warning labels"
  5. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    are your mesh pants the Ultra 2's? The literature sent with mine, instructed you to sit on the bike, and get the armor in the correct place, then adjust the velcro ankle tabs tight enough that it's comfortable. this helps the armor stay in place when standing up. ie: right over your kneecap. Before I did this, my pants fit exactly as you described. Now, they are perfect, and the armor is in the same place standing or sitting.

hope that helps
  6. slashtooo

slashtooo n00b

Oddometer:
    I bought the mesh kevlar jacket from their stock, in grey. It arrived the NEXT day and it is the by far everything that was claimed. Ordered the mesh pants, also grey. Took 12 weeks to arrive, but that was what was promised. They fit perfectly and seem extremely well made. I love this stuff. The mesh product really facilitates air movement. With some cooler temps now I will be ordering the liners very soon. Thanks Wayne for a great product and I know there are many riders that know this stuff works!
  7. novasquid

novasquid will ride for food

Oddometer:
    and in the case of motoport what would the warning label say? "product may not perform as advertised."

and for the record, i own the gear. :)
  8. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    Interesting how people make accusations based on nothing more than assumptions. This thread has gone on for too long. A couple of losers need to move on. You're not making a contribution to anyone because you refuse to deal with facts. You know who you are.

Wayne wins.

Isn't there supposed to be a moderator lurking nearby? Some of this crap is really unfair.

libel: a spoken or written statement or representation that gives an unjustly unfavorable impression of a person or thing
  9. Serge

Serge Parrothead

Oddometer:
    I have the Air Mesh, not the Ultra 2's. I'll try this advice though. Thanks.
  10. license2ill

license2ill Banned

Oddometer:
    Oh boy, more deer whistle buyers coming out of the woodwork here...

Editing posts from 2003? Employed by CE? Yes, and the rapture is upon us :rofl
  11. license2ill

license2ill Banned

Oddometer:

What facts would those be? The ones you don't want to hear? The ones Wayne doesn't want you to know? The ones you don;t understand?
  12. license2ill

license2ill Banned

Oddometer:

So basically you understand that the gear doesn't perform as stated, you just would rather believe that it does and have others believe the untrue as well? Have you got the citation for that supposed data? I suppose we could stretch the analogy of a dangerous item to this gear that can't deliver on statements of efficacy.
  13. license2ill

license2ill Banned

Oddometer:
    Do you understand simple physics and measurement or is crash protection just pixie dust and prayers?
  14. license2ill

license2ill Banned

Oddometer:
    I still don't see any tests of his products, where are they?

I'll continue to ask questions, and not childishly try to defend emotional attachments or remove criticism from the dialogue. I've seen it, and the only ones being silly are the folks that are too busy trying to hold on to poor attempts at analysis to feel better about the fact that they haven't properly analyzed the most basic of information in their face and are now attempting to justify it with faulty logic. You don't need to be an expert to smell exactly what is being said, whether you like the word or not.
  15. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    Why don't you design some tests or contact any interested labs, racing sanctioning bodies (FIM, AMA) and offer up your choice of riding gear. I'll offer my MotoPort. We'll have agreed upon standards and let the chips fall where they may. Better yet, we'll contact the media, including TV news mags to make public the differences between companies claims, the facts and the interesting injuries to be expected when using the offerings of Aerostitch, BMW, MotoPort, Joe Rocket, the Swede brands, Finns, everyone.

If anyone is really serious about this please speak up and help make contact and request an investigation by any qualified lab or other entity.

Anything less is counterproductive and less than responsible.
  16. ON_the_DL

ON_the_DL My safety's Harvard

Oddometer:
    <o:p></o:p>
    Now you are just making yourself look freaking pathetic. Where are the tests? Are you f'ing serious? The abrasion and tear resistance tests posted right on the MOTOPORT website. Or do you think we are just making this crap up...what a fool you are.<o:p></o:p>
    Now once again...if you disbelieve those tests that is your right. YOU STILL REFUSE TO PROVIDE ANY PROOF THAT THEY ARE INVALID. SO SHUT THE HELL UP UNTIL YOU CAN. Which of course you can't or you would have done so on the previous 12 requests. Instead you just go on and on making vague criticisms. Put your money where you (big) mouth is!<o:p></o:p>
    FOR THE LAST TIME POST YOUR CREDENTIALS...NOT THAT YOU HAVE ANY OR YOU WOULD HAVE SINCE I'VE ONLY ASKED YOU 6 TIMES ALREADY. THE ONLY PERSON INGORING THE FACTS AROUND HERE IS YOU!!! THE FACT THAT YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL GOING ON AND ON WITH NOTHING TO BACK UP YOUR PETTY OPINIONS.<o:p></o:p>
    AS ASKED BEFORE: Give us a list of other manufacturers that provide a list of materials tested side by side for tear and abrasion. You can't because NO ONE does this. You demand Motoport to provide additional data to when other manufacturers provide NONE. Get a clue.<o:p></o:p>
    This thread is completely destroyed now <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">thanks</st1:personName> to you. People are actually trying to learn about Motoport from people who have seen and tried the gear. YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN THE STUFF...some expert. <o:p></o:p>
    I hope the mods close this thread but before they do. I want to point out the REAL REASON THAT YOU LOOK LIKE SUCH AND EMBISILE!!!<o:p></o:p>
    Anyone who has taken 5 minutes to talk to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wayne</st1:place></st1:City> would immediately know this: WAYNE IS A GREAT GUY WHO IS TRYING HARDER THAN ANYONE TO PROVIDE RIDERS WITH THE BEST PROTECTION POSSIBLE. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">WAYNE</st1:place></st1:City> IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRYING TO DECEIVE ANYONE ABOUT MOTOPORT GEAR. IT IS A BUSINESS OF COURSE BUT <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">WAYNE</st1:place></st1:City> IS TRUELY MOTIVATED BY THE DESIRE TO HELP SAVE LIVES. ANYONE WHO HAS HAD CONTACT WITH HIM CAN SEE THIS. <o:p></o:p>
    Like or dislike Motoport, believe or disbelieve the test data and all of the testimonials, everyone should decide for themselves of course. But I will never sit by and let some idiot claim that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wayne</st1:place></st1:City> is trying to deceive us all. That simply is not the case...and I will venture to say never will be the case.<o:p></o:p>
    - Bruce<o:p></o:p>
  17. rcompton

rcompton I am not Iron Man

Oddometer:
    I am an engineer by trade, I do indeed understand the physics. You keep avoiding the question. What weight do you give real world experience? You obviously give lab testing far more due than actual experience.

Given the supposed breadth of your fact gathering, certainly you have some real world numbers that prove CE approved protectors actually provide superior protection when compared a non-CE approved product (Such as Aerostich, Motoport, etc...) in a real world environment (you know, an actual crash, not a mechanical device striking a pad on an anvil at a given amount of force or some such......)

You seem like the guy with his head so far into the book about how to get women that you never actually got laid....... all the answers and not an ounce of experience.
  18. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    Once again. Let's get a reputable group of labs, engineers, professional racers, media, etc. together to test in the lab, on mannequins thrown out the back of a truck at 80mph, weighted at 200lb., whatever it takes to satisfy everyone that there is a valid test taking place. Call and write a wide range media (Motorcycle Consumer News and others including 60 Minutes or anyone interested) and hash this out. After the smoke settles perhaps a monitor can edit out the losers on this site who cannot offer up anything other than allegations without proof, opinions without qualifications, bullshit without the beef.
    Again, I'll offer my own MotoPort for testing.
    Put up or shut up.
  19. ikonoklass

ikonoklass Kountersteering Krew

Oddometer:
    +1, except I will NOT offer my own MotoPort for testing. :rofl
  20. Wayne at Motoport

Wayne at Motoport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    See the Material Tear and Abrasion test: www.motoport.com Go to the top right corner of the Home Page and click on: (Save Your Hide) The numbers shown are not our info.. This is an independent company that test materials. To see more info click on: (Testimonials) Also in the top right corner. Go to the bottom left side of the Home Page and click on: (Dictionary), (Kevlar) etc...

I've also abreviated more testing, the majority performed in Europe. I can email this info by request at: cycleport@motoport.com

The above is again a repeat. Please go back to #22 in this thread to read.

Now, I'm starting to feel sorry for you.