Dec. Campout in ANF

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by HTSRocker, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel See Ya At The Swamp Supporter

Oddometer:
    Perfect :1drink

I like the hook :thumb

The phone number and "Y'all" is way good :deal
  2. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    BMW certified. :rofl
  3. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Sweet, I likey! :evil
  4. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys it took me so long to post on this thread. I've been busy catching back up from taking off Saturday to going riding.

First off, let me say thanks to everyone who had nice things to say about the food and especially for those of you who pitched in to help cover cost. :clap

Second, Personally would like to thank everyone for their hospitality, and say wish we could have had more time to ride and enjoy some of those gnarly trails with Flux and dag, and early on with Scott. (BTW Had a tow strap with me)!

Third, next time we get together if at all possible, we will be camping and hanging with you guys the entire time. I had originally planed to stay with Travis's family at the edge of the forest and man I am glad we did. That Saturday morning, Travis nearly coughed up a lung, think he had a touch of pneumonia, and I AM A FLY SOUTH FOR THE WINTER KIND OF GUY, so those frosty mornings in the tent kill me! Last time was up in Flux's neighborhood woke up to numb extremities and 28 degrees.

I will be posting a short video about the BRIDGE:evil , and some other shots captured from my POV1.

Next time lets do tropical weather or at least 50's for lows:evil !

Take care and hope to ride together again real soon.
    Jody
  5. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt More or less in line

Oddometer:
    Here's one from Sun.

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2500341&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2500341&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/2500341">ADV ANF OHV 12-7-08</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user669990">Rob</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.
  6. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    That means I can gain another 100 lbs, fuck the diet pass them ribs.:evil
  7. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    Was Told Today Friday Bike Night At Guy Harveys At The Warf In Ob Al Around 7 Pm. May Go Down There Only 6 Miles From There.
  8. Dags

Dags I'm not British

Oddometer:
    Thank to everyone for the great time last weekend. I was a bit quiet, was getting over a cold. Can't wait to get back to riding in Florida:1drink

Rearview - good fun riding with you man, give me a yell when you're up in GA
  9. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    Here is the video I mentioned earlier. Thanks again for all you did Scott!
    [​IMG]
  10. Hatch

Hatch We're not hitchhiking anymore, we're riding!

Oddometer:
    all lies, im sure! just kick a guy while he's down whydontchas!
    :kurt

definetly. next time.

I remember at some point in this thread discussing effed up movies, just finished watchin a really good un I aint ne'er heard of - Rated X by Emilio Estevez - good chit mangs

nice business card Doc!
  11. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    </P>
    That's where the KLR got sleepy right at the end:clap
  12. tconnell

tconnell Old Nocker.. Gitin' Young

Oddometer:
    Guys,

Just returned from a ride over to Dothan to KAWdlr's shop and had a great visit with he and his dad. I went primarily to get a set of the SW-Motech crash bars to help me on next water bath. :lol3 Stats point to the fact that when I get them installed, I'll probably never go down again.

Jody had lots of goodies there and I'm going back when I have more time to look. He's got neat things for the KLR. If it's shiny or ticks I like it. I picked his brain on the TAT also and he shed good light on the Tennesse section. I'm still waiting for Sam to send me the TN and MS maps and roll charts.

I had the Hannigan trailed hooked to the GL this morning as I thought my riding group was to ride over to Statenville, GA to help celebrate that town's 150 BD by riding the bikes in ther parade. But the other 7 guys just wimped out with "It's Too Cold". It was cold and was 42° when we were outside the restaurant. So, I wasn't going to waste a beautiful day on the couch watching head knocking on TV, I so headed over to Dothan. Chilly, but a good ride. About 145 miles from here. We had to open the SW box and just put the guards in the trailer. They look nice and I'll have them on the KLR in a few days along with a few other things.

Been enjoying the pictures and vid's on the site. Great work guys

Looking forward to another ride,
  13. HTSRocker

HTSRocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're a rider for sure T.C.
    as fun as it is going to Dothan for food and parts, you didn't stop and pick up fireworks?

I had to go there once (one other time) for fireworks, pork and a violin for my daughter. :D

I like the town, and love the country outside of Dothan...I could move to L.A. :nod but I don't know what kind of riding there is on public lands.
  14. tconnell

Oddometer:
    Scott, If I keep going places and picking up parts for this 'unauthorized bike', there'll be plenty of fireworks around this place without me striking a match!
    :wings
  15. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:

Tom, I have a new respect for old men on Goldwings. :lol3
  16. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    Don't pack up anytime soon......... Although you'd be welcome around these parts, you'll flatten the center of those TKC's getting to good riding:cry !

Unless you enjoy blasting around the dirt roads of your state south of us. Some decent dirt road riding south of town into Fla in and around the Marrianna area south and west of there. No water though which I have come to know you enjoy so much:evil.

Sent you a PM did you get it???????

Jody
  17. tconnell

Oddometer:
    What Old Man?? :D There is a 19 year old trapped in these old bones somewhere!!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  18. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    I didn't take many pics on account of my batteries wuz dead most of the time, so here are a few crappy snaps from the weekend. We shot across that field at Warp 7. That was fun.[​IMG]
  19. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Man, what the hell is up with ADV and smug mug? Half the time I can't type anything, and the other half the pics don't show up.

Anywho, here's Forest Rider's 990 after the BIG GET OFF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As may or may not have been mentioned, it was cold

[​IMG]

Sunday mornin' comin' down. Is that frost on the ground?
  20. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Pinched ignition wires at the steering stem area.:deal Easy fix! :clap