December Baja Trip (LA Weekend Riders, and anyone else)

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by notmybikemodelname, Sep 21, 2008.

1. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    Well i have a diferent point o view , after help Lucke and Joel go down the hill and pick and ride Lucke bike manny times and walk back to get mine Lucke took the last crash for the day and he said can do it anymore today ,he was tired and his shoulder was in pain so we decide the find a camp spot and go get the others went Lucke and Joel get their camp set up ,Went Tony and myself got to santo tomas we found out the the group allready have motel rooms,we have a pretty interesting discusion and we all agree the we ridding in a group so the decicion was the go back and stick together , The guys in santo tomas allready have a long break and were ready the go and Me and Tony were just finish ridding and we need a snack and a little break before go back ,so Dirtdiver and roundstock took off and we follow 10 minutes behind ,went we got to the camping spot i went and check on Lucke and Joel and rode up the hill a little further and call it the day .
  2. bouncing billy

bouncing billy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    its almost like i'm there thats a big almost,please keep going:lurk
  3. dirtdiver

dirtdiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have got to say that Trailtrick is one handy guy to have around. He consistently stayed with the slower guys or ripped from the front to the back checking on everyone. He was REALLY fast and was used as a scout whenever we needed one. He speaks Spanish and he is a mechanic beyond compare. You cannot ask for a better baja companion. We did discuss the appropriate response to our mates on the hill in the dark. Trailtrick was consistent that we should all go back. This was contrasted with the argument: we know they are OK, we know where they are and that they are self sufficient, we know it is dark, we know there is some risk to go back, some drinks had been consumed, etc... We just had to work through the right approach. My personal feeling was that I had planned to camp and i was going to camp. I needed to get into the boonies to camp regardless. I might as well ride back into the mountains to camp with Joel and Luke. So that is what I did as did everyone else. I actually argued that we should not all go at risk into the night to "save" some guys that do not need saving. Two of us go that night and we catch up in the morning. I was trying to gather support from my plan but they had already checked out of the motel and were pulling their sh*t together.

I was not going to mention all of the stuff we did while waiting. I mean why bring up the hotel, the strip joint back in TJ, the 10 course dinner we had, the bike detailing we obtained, the spa massage, the 2 hour nap, or the 3 day investment seminar. We were worried about you guys...really, really worried...:lol3 :lol3 :lol3

steve
  4. trailtrick

Oddometer:
  5. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    +1

TT was also great at talking our way past the boys with the automatic grenade launcher, SAR8's and 50 cal machine guns......no lie.....
  6. bouncing billy

bouncing billy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey joel i need one of those magnetic camp gathering sleeping bag that you're runnin.:huh:lol3
  7. ROUNDSTOCK

ROUNDSTOCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well i made it back with alot of slab time, left camp about 7;30 said goodbyes to the crew then hi tailed to tj with a lane splitting frenzy at the border that got me to within 4 cars from the officer,thanks dirt diver for the border tip,traveled from the border up the 15 to the 138 to sheep creek to get to el mirage then went off road traversing to lancaster, getting there about 2-30,had a nice time at the funeral/celebration, left about 4;30 then back down to brea with a slight butt numbness, but a good day all the same,really enjoyed the ride with you guys wished i could of stayed on, sorry to anyone if i made some bad trail passes,i really like to burn some gas when i'm down there................see ya steve
  8. dirtdiver

dirtdiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yahh right ,you guys were thinking "not worry abouth those FF's they are with trailtrick and his friend" .I think the was a god learning experience for most and we learn a lot from this trip ,wasen't easy we 12 guys ,but we pull it tru and the outcame was greath:clap[/quote]

Well, maybe you are right, now that you put it that way! :D :D

Tony was a good guy too. What is his ADV name?

steve
  9. dirtdiver

dirtdiver Long timer

Oddometer:

Good riding with you too. Thanks for helping me on the trail that night as I got caught in that bad rutt. steve2
  10. trailtrick

Oddometer:

steve[/quote]Tony is a friend o mine ,he does not have a name here yath ,but is going to be "1 heck o a nice guy" LOL:D
  11. trailtrick

Oddometer:

steve[/quote]Was greath ridding with you ,im going back at the end o february if you want to joint you more the welcame
  12. dirtdiver

dirtdiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Big John!

[​IMG]
  13. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. dirtdiver

dirtdiver Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. toast

toast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Replied and went with MotoSoto to Baja.
    Replied on this thread, about halfway down the page. Great ride!
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318376&page=288&highlight=javier
  17. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    speakin of almost... when we gonna ride again bro?:freaky
  18. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Brewery run Feb 21:clap
  19. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    oh yeah.....:shog i forgot:norton