Decompressor port in Barrel jug Identification

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by MATTY, May 27, 2017.

1. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    Just visited a small Saturday auto jumble, came across a Two stroke cylinder barrel...JUG... im guessing it was around the 250 to 350 ccs capacity It was equipped with a inlet manifold and a BING carb. Barrel was egg shaped in profile had typical piston ported layout but it had a decompresser port about 12mm down the bore had a thread on the outside for a decomp valve.
    Looked sort of 1950s early 1960 by the fin style a little like a BSA bantam D1 D3 sort of profile.
    Exhaust port had an internal thread for the exhaust flange.
    Seller had no idea what it was off but came with a whole load of AMC greeves and Villiers 9E stuff.
    Typically i had no phone with me to take a picture of it.
    Know its a super long shot but by my description anybody offer a suggestion what the barrel came off.
  2. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    Bing carb and egg/oval barrel hints at early Maico to me.
  3. dpforth

dpforth no inline fours

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought but when I went looking I didn't see any decompressor boss.

[​IMG]
  4. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    I remember that the 350/360 had the decompressor, not remembering any in the 250 and under.
  5. MATTY

MATTY BORDER RAIDER

Oddometer:
    i was only guessing at the ccs and it was fairly long in the bore so could have been a 350 ish bike i guess, i simply found it interesting thus my mentioning it here.
    As the vendor said it will be of use to someone some where. :rofl
    Finding that someone is the key.
    The jug on that engine looks similar to be fair, another brand a friend suggested was adler , dont hear much about them though, look good they do .