1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Defecting to Italy: My life with a Stelvio

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by aftCG, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Flying Frisian

Flying Frisian Born to Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the same bags from NELSON RIGG.
    aftCG and joe cool like this.
  2. aftCG

aftCG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well the trip that was supposed to be WABDR but turned out to be Moab, Canyonlands and Valley of the Gods is in the books. The details of the week are in this ride report thread.
    Shaffer Canyon Switchbacks 2_4.1.1-01.jpeg
    A bit over 2600 miles for me and the bike is parked safely indoors, total mileage now at 48,550. The bike performed better than I did for the trip and it is due for some maintenance. It's due for an oil change/valve adjustment, I'll probably dump the gearbox and CARC lube and have those fresh for the next ride. My tires are still serviceable for street use but as discussed in the ride report they never did have enough bite for the more technical sections we faced.
    IMG_20200917_093523-01.jpeg
    On one of the dirt naps I bent the rear brake lever. Thankfully it folded up out of the way so I was able to ride the bike without compromising safety (I could still use it by lifting my foot above the peg and found a few occasions when it came in handy.
    IMG_20200916_080533.jpg
    The mangled lever shown above, and the new one shown below.
    PXL_20200926_184940887.jpg
    Dons1911, Flying Frisian and twowings like this.
  3. RedHawk47

RedHawk47 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You were lucky. I was exploring Utah on my Stelvio and dropped it, breaking the pivot bolt. But I was lucky too - I had read about the bolt being fragile so I was carrying a spare. But the threads have Loctite on them so it requires a drill and EZ-out. Fortunately I had a buddy 200 miles away that I was planning to visit, and didn't need the rear brake.
    aftCG likes this.