delete

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Bullitt Bike, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Bullitt Bike

Bullitt Bike Adventure Touring Fan

Oddometer:
    I plan on riding the divide with a group of friends, from South to North, ending August 18th at the U.S. border (don't plan on going to Canada due to time and COVID). Unfortunately, they are going to abandon me at the north end/Canadian border, as they head back home to Michigan, while I need to get back to Durango, CO.

Looking therefore for a riding partner(s) to do the divide in reverse, from North to South, beginning approximately August 19th to 24th, 2021.

This could either be another party that is doing it in both directions, or a fresh ride that is planning North to South beginning 4th week of August.

What I can offer in return is a) insights from having just ridden it and b) my home is in Durango so I can help with accommodations close to the end, or truck/trailer your bike somewhere from the south end.

I am 62, ride an '18 Africa Twin DCT and am not a beginner, but also far from being an expert. I enjoy the ride and nature, would plan on camping most/all nights.

Anyone interested, let me know.
    Glenn247, Yooper_Bob and effinstrange like this.
  2. effinstrange

effinstrange Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh wow! I would love to join, but have some logistics to work through before committing to it.
    I will keep you posted on that.

I did the ride North to South in Sept 2019 and it was fun - would love to do it again.
    I rode a R1200GS and it was great, but will be getting a new bike soon...

I’ll keep in touch.
  3. Bullitt Bike

Oddometer:
    OK, thanks for your interest, will put you to the list and keep you posted
    effinstrange likes this.
  4. goin2alaska

goin2alaska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Surgery put me back together so I’m back riding and would love to do this, I’m 55 and have Criss crossed this country more than 50x on a bike, ridden solo to Proudhon bay, Nova Scotia, new foundland and many other places but I still don’t consider myself an expert rider even after 45 years of dirt and street riding, I am a republican though! Keep me informed.
    effinstrange and Bullitt Bike like this.
  5. Bullitt Bike

Oddometer:
    Your on the list.
    effinstrange likes this.
  6. wellcraft

wellcraft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I probably can't do the ride but I'm curious how much of the ride is paved and unpaved? I ride a GSA
  7. effinstrange

effinstrange Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are using GPSKevins tracks, there are options for both easy and hard sections... paved and unpaved.
  8. wellcraft

wellcraft Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where would I find GPSKevins tracks? Since I don't have any off road riding experience easy and paved sounds really good to me :-)
  9. Bill Dirt

Bill Dirt Trooper

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun but why not ride the IDBDR and UTBDR south to 4 corners, not too far from Durango?
    thirsty 1 likes this.
  10. effinstrange

effinstrange Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, just saw this response... here’s the website:

http://www.gpskevinadventurerides.com/
  11. boakl

boakl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am a newbie when it comes to long distance, however my plan is start from Toronto to argentina around the same time as you.

I am a trauma nurse, what I can offer is youth and medical advice.
    effinstrange likes this.
  12. lane01

lane01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested, I rode the NM part of the CDT last year and then had to pull off for personal reason. Was riding my Africa Twin. I have since sold it and gotten a KTM for the ride. Am planning on completing it this summer and would most defiantly interested riding it both ways. S to N then turn around and N back S. When are you leaving? I'd love to meet up around the start on MX border I'll be coming out of Houston..
  13. geastburn

geastburn n00b

Oddometer:
    Your timing is impeccable. I was considering posting a similar solicitation for potential partners for the same ride, N-S, at that time of year. I am 64, retired and an intermediate to expert adventure rider. I have done COBDR, UTBDR, MABDR and parts of the western TAT with gpsKevin and his routes. I normally ride solo, but recognize the challenges that can come with doing so on a loaded GS. Please consider adding me to your list of contenders. I would plan to camp, but also seek the occasional hotel. Stay on two wheels.
  14. Bullitt Bike

Oddometer:
    Thank you lane01 and geastburn, for the interest. I will send out the proposed dates in a message tomorrow. i cant wait for this excursion, gonna be fun!
    effinstrange and Yooper_Bob like this.
  15. lane01

lane01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great I'll look forward to hearing back from you
  16. effinstrange

effinstrange Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This does seem to be growing into an awesome trip... I have most of my logistics figured out, just need to see if I can wait until then to do a ride. lol
  17. lane01

lane01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have GPS Kevin's and another from a friend than rode the CDT and also have all the Butler BDR maps in my GPS so it's doable. I'm open I just have to at some point end up back in Houston from Canada.
  18. Bullitt Bike

Oddometer:
    Closing this thread, remaining updates via PM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!