delete

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NTTF, Jul 4, 2014.

1. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    rr gone!
  2. Comrade Art

Comrade Art Working stiff

Oddometer:
    Good luck with your trip.
  3. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    Just installed new TKC80, EBC HH front pads, fender extender, and an oil/filter change.

I'm not 100% I used the correct adhesive on the extender. Let me know if you find it somewhere on the highways of AK/CA :lol3

Breaking in tires/pads tomorrow, then bike is ready to go.

Can someone recommend an image hoster that has an iPhone app? Photobucket/imgur seem to be terrible. It'd make it easier than uploading to FB and then linking from there to here, ending up with giant crappy iPhone photos.
  4. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Kilroy was here

Oddometer:
    While its not free, SmugMug has an app for both the iPhone and Android system.
  5. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on leaving after work today, around 3-4pm. Goal is ultimately Tok, but I'll probably stop short of there. That will align me to hit Chicken/Dawson City at a reasonable time tomorrow. Tires and brake pads barely broken in, but that will be short lived.

Here is my Spotwalla trip link. I will add the actual Spot link once I get going.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=a82a53bbffba724b9

See you out there :evil
  6. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    Change of plans, leaving tomorrow.
  7. mtbh2o

mtbh2o El Dorado Hills, Ca.

Oddometer:
    We may see you on the road. We leave Seattle 2up on Sunday the 13th. Stay in Whislter that night then Quesnel, Smithers, Bell Lodge, Watson Lake, Whitehorse, Dawson, Tok and then Fairbanks. We should arrive in Fairbanks on or about Wed. the 23rd.

Hope to see you on the road.
  8. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    Cool, what are you riding?

Would enjoy some opinions on route decision. Do the entire Campbell highway once I get down from Dawson City, or do half the Campbell and then head south early and do the South Canol road :ear Will be Solo at this point, my signal fire skills are so so.

Campbell seems faster/shorter but this isn't a race.
  9. 00dbex00

00dbex00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding through Seattle in a few weeks from Anchorage. I'll be watching your trip. I'll buy you a beer when you get back to get your opinion.
  10. mtbh2o

mtbh2o El Dorado Hills, Ca.

Oddometer:
    We will be riding an 04 bmw 1150 gs. Bright yellow. You won't be able to miss us.

Hope to see you on the road.
  11. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
  12. GISdood

GISdood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you're looking to save a few bucks on camping, drop me a line as you approach Prince George - in either direction! Lots of tent space in the yard here, covered parking for the bike, and a spare bedroom if you need some respite from the great outdoors!

Have a great trip... subscribed!
  13. hrspwrfiend

hrspwrfiend .........

Oddometer:
    I'll probably cross paths with you tomorrow sometime. Riding from Haines to Dawson on my DR650, buddy will be on an XL650. :thumb
  14. BlueByU06

BlueByU06 Ribbon Rider

Oddometer:
    I got u in my sites switching to lasers. Lol watching your spot. My wife always follows my spot, so it's cool for me to follow someone else. I was supposed to go to AK on my triumph 800xc this year, but my riding buddy of 30yrs is terminally ill so I'm staying back to help and support him. There is always next for me. Ride safe and remember U R government property and we don't have the money to fixes U up if U get hurt. :rofl
  15. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    I just completed a solo ride from ANC to OR on my awesome DR. What an incredible experience!!! I took three weeks though so I could do some exploring. A couple highlights were riding the Nisga'A Hwy to Kincolith and riding up the infamous, challenging hill at Bella Coola. It was a little scary in places, but my DR loved it! :D

Have fun! I have to put my bike in storage and head home this weekend, in a plane. :cry
  16. StrokedNBored

StrokedNBored Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    have a great trip. the Alcan was a great ride.
  17. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    Only have 20mb of free internet. Did a long one today. The Campbell highway is not worth it. Just kept it at 60mph and tried to blast through it. Only did one stop over the 220 something miles of gravel/pot holes. Passed one camper, two cyclists. Empty. For good reason. Some "adventure" stoke from being in middle of no where but the lack of views killed it for me. Soft deep dirt construction zone was fun, I'm glad I have the tires I do.

Warped my rotors a little on my way to Chicken. I guess I over did the HH pad break in procedure. TOW is great, only had one rider going same direction as me. Guy named John on a versys 1000, he was hauling ass on the TOW. Might have seen the yellow GS? One guy on an XT250 or something, props. Skipped Dawson City, I'll be there next summer.

The ALCAN seems boring in comparison, riding wise. Better views though, plus 8 bears and a million buffalo. Tried 3 campgrounds after Watson Lake but full of RVs and camper trucks. Come on, you can use the pull offs with those! I'm in a $94 box in Muncho Lake now, had to stop at near midnight, just not safe. So far:

Day 1: Anchorage to Chicken 409miles
    Day 2: Chicken to Frenchman lake 374miles
    Day 3: Frenchman lake to Muncho Lake 530(?) miles

Thanks for following. I'll get more detailed later, as well as photos.
  18. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    In Dawson Creek now. Stayed in Charlie Lake last night. Played a game of scrabble with some Canadians. The accents/lingo reminded me of being in the Midwest. Watched a herd of bats going to town on the bugs, very cool. The area near Muncho Lake is superb. After that it's straight and boring. I was near melting point in the Badlands Pro. No clouds, so the sun belted me for the entire day.

Talked with a German who lives in Florida and works for a textile company. He was riding a big GS up the Dempster. Hi viz helmet, rukka gear, anyone know him? He gave me valuable information regarding fuel.

There is NO GAS in Prophet River. I probably wouldn't have made it to the next one had I not filled up in Fort Nelson. Cheers to that man.

Stopped and saw the last remaining wood bridge from the 1943(?) construction of the ALCAN. Probably will be heading past Prince George today, but thanks for the offer GISdood.
  19. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    Made it to Williams lake last night. Stampede campground. Finally a campground that has grass to drive stakes in. 484 miles total. Definitely had to do laundry as I was sweating all day. My stupidity for wearing merino wool long underwear under a goretex suit. 95 degrees in Canada! Get me back to Alaska!

I also just rode 57 miles with a pannier unlatched from the mount, hanging on by just the two bottom mounting points :eek1 If you know how givi e21s mount, then you know how bad that is. Amazing it didn't fall off, as I wasn't going slow.

Bike is doing great with ~2,300 miles covered so far. No oil use, tires staying high (but slowly dying from all the slab), MPG seems decent, I'm not really tracking it.
  20. NTTF

NTTF ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddometer:
    Do you have checkers on your helmet? That's the only yellow bike I've seen, and it was a couple days ago.

I'm north of Seattle now. I wonder how long I can charge my phone on the bike battery before it dies :ear