Dellorto carb service

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Cascao, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Cascao

Cascao Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. Hoss Cartright

Hoss Cartright Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    fprintf and Cascao like this.
  3. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    Internet so slow now the videos bog down. So I don't know if the classic start jet mod was mentioned or not.

I always drill the start jets out from 0.6mm (60) to 0.8mm (80), which is also 1/32". The start jet is the long brass jet with an o-ring on it. The larger orifice gets rid of having to do multiple-kick starts in cold weather especially. I start with choke on then flick off the choke after a couple of seconds. Then pulse the choke on if the engine goes soft in the first 15 seconds.
  4. D2W

D2W Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Motobene .... Do you also apply the choke when the engine is warm? My son is tall and slight and starting his 2008 TXT 280 PRO can be an effort for him. I'm always keen on suggesting a new technique to lessen his starting frustration. I have added a head insert (from Lewisport) to lower the compression, and he does make use of the "roll back for maximum rotational time" starting drill, and sometimes he's very successful. But it's just at the end of a long day when he's tired and he's sloppy do things go a bit South. Thank you.
  5. Cascao

Cascao Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use choke sometimes. Sometimes not.
    Can't remember ridding in temperatures below 20C (68F) :hmmmmm
    Norman Foley and lineaway like this.
  6. Hoss Cartright

Hoss Cartright Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I drill a jet I always scrape away the marking on the jet so that anyone in the future will see that it has obviously been modified, as I believe it is better to suspect the jet having no number marking than to believe the one that has been drilled but retains it's original size stamp.
  7. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it's hard to stamp 80 into a start jet. I convert all of them I come into contact with, so it's pretty easy ID for me. Main jets, now that's a different story.