DEN SLC DRO ASE DEN

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by mjmsbrown, Aug 14, 2019.

1. mjmsbrown

mjmsbrown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there.

I’m new to the ADV lifestyle. This is my return to the motorcycle hobby after about 20 bike-less years. I’m having a hard time getting going, and I’m already considering selling my ‘18 1290 SAS.

Hence this report. “You’ve got a long leash this week” was what he said, my boss. I’ve been equipping and getting to know this machine since I bought it last Oct. I’ve only been out carving canyons on it thus far; the bike has less than 1400 miles. Slowly I’ve been putting together gear, and finally it’s ready for a maiden voyage. My first Adventure motorcycle trip started with the words “you’ve got a very long leash...”

The bike was sitting in the garage, ready to go, just waiting for those words. Finally, adventure.
    My first trip will take me from Denver, CO to Salt Lake City via Trail Ridge Road through Rocky Mountain National Park, through Steamboat, CO, and Vernal UT. I’m going to visit a good buddy for a couple days. Coming back is a completely different route that I’m really looking forward to.

The Return to Denver will be through Durango, Silverton, Ouray via the Million Dollar highway. I’ll visit Black Canyon National Park before it’s into Aspen and over Independence pass. After Leadville CO, I’ll pickup a short jot of expressway on I-70 through the continental divide. It has always been a dream to ride a bike through the Eisenhower Tunnel. That will lead me back to Denver, and I’ll know if this is for me or not.

I guess I should say this is an all pavement trip, most likely. It’s definitely going to be an adventure regardless.

Here’s the furkot route (I hope the link is okay. It’s a route only, no blog or posting):
    https://trips.furkot.com/ts/xdzShr

Finally, here’s the ride:

upload_2019-8-14_22-32-55.jpeg
    B10Dave and Snapper33 like this.
  2. Snapper33

Snapper33 Globetrotter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beautiful bike. Great route! Ride well. Be well.
  3. mjmsbrown

mjmsbrown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Day one: I’m running way behind... don’t care. This is what today was about.

690769B6-04E8-4ED1-BAF2-076C9CF9C5EA.jpeg
    sierrastone and B10Dave like this.