Denali Electronics--Let's talk about integrated electronics solutions for you and your ride!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by DENALI Electronics, May 8, 2019.

1. DENALI Electronics

DENALI Electronics Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian!

For true Plug N Play capabilities with the CANsmart, KTM owners will find joy by the end of this year. However, if you are looking for using Denali lights with your own high/low beam switch, you can use the DataDim Dual Intensity Switch for that. All DENALI 2.0 Light pods are equipped with a dedicated 3rd-wire dimming circuit, and this switch, added to the end of the harness, allows control through your own switch. Check out this webpage for more information on how it works --> DataDim Dual Intensity Control Switch

The Dual Intensity Control switch works with any of the Denali 2.0 Light Pods Check them out and see which you'd like best on your KTM.
    Let me know if you have more questions!

Your Denali Design Team
    www.DenaliElectronics.com
  2. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    Calling all Harley Owners!!!

Screenshot_2019-09-19 Harley-Davidson CANsmart Controller.png

We have a CanBus controller for your ride. Our

Harley-Davidson CANsmart Controller
    is available for you and offers direct control for the following...

Auxiliary Lighting

Dimming, strobe, modulate, and "cancel with turn signal" are just a few of the settings available for factory passing lamps and LED auxiliary lights.

Horns & Safety
    Connect a high power SoundBomb™ horn without the need for a relay, and set your auxiliary lights to strobe when you sound your horn.

Brake Lighting
    The intelligent brake light circuit enables multiple flash pattern braking and deceleration activated "smart brake" technology.

Other Accessories
    When set to accessory mode you can power a phone charger, GPS or heated gear to name a few. Each output provides up to 25 peak amps (10 amps continuous).

Integrated Accessory Control
    Independently control and dim up to two sets of OEM or aftermarket LED lights right from your trip switch. Click three times to turn lights on/off, or hold for 3 seconds to enter dimming mode where you can cycle between 10% - 100% intensity.

Screenshot_2019-09-19 DENALI Electronics - LED Lights, CANsmart Controllers, Horns, More.jpg

Check out our website for all the info you need!
    Harley-Davidson CANsmart Controller
  3. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    Knowledge nugget for CANsmart users

Riders making preps for a road trip, wanting to carry a CANsmart user guide, can scan the QR code either off of their paper install notes, or off of our web based install notes (resources tab). So, you can ultimately have a saved PDF of the "User Guide", kept on your mobile device that will not need interwebs to populate.
    Here is the DNL.WHS.11600 for example.

image.png

The more you know.... ​
    Zubb likes this.
  4. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the phone call earlier today and this post is certainly useful for me. Very impressed with the CanSmart and the D7’s plus the B6 brake light, well thought out and engineered.
    DENALI Electronics likes this.
  5. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    So glad to hear you are liking those products! Thanks for letting us know.

Your Denali Design Team
    BruceWA likes this.
  6. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way...

Oddometer:
    I installed the D4's, B6 brake light and CanSmart Sunday.
    I have to say, I've soldered, tapped into, fuse blocked etc a thousand wires in my lifetime. But it was kindergarten simple to plug the lights harness together, plug into the tpms in the back and turn the key on to see everything works as described. Low/Hi settings already 'there' when you flip the high beam switch. Off when you hit the turn signals. Hefty bombproof feel to the lights and wiring.

I haven't even plugged the laptop into the CANsmart yet . . . because it all just works out of the box. I do have a feeling that once I aim the lights up where they should be, even the 50% power low settings will be too bright for day or night oncoming traffic. So I'll probably tweak this in the near future.

The hardest part of the install was getting the plastics off the bike for the first time (for me). But this @JimVonBaden VIDEO is so well done that I just set the laptop next to the bike and followed Jim through it one screw and nut at a time. He even walks you through putting it all back on. Thank you @JimVonBaden !

Question about the horn. I ran the wire up to the front and just tied it off as I do not have the Soundbomb. I have a BMW M5 car horn that I'm satisfied with. I'm assuming that if I run the power wire to the horn, and the other to a ground that my current horn with work and be controlled by the CANsmart system? Can you confirm?
    DENALI Electronics and BruceWA like this.
  7. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    Hey Zubb!

I have heard the term "Stupid Simple" used to describe our products frequently, but "kindergarten simple" is a new one--LOVE it!! :lol3

Here is what Greg Gavitt--the lead engineer for Denali--had to say about your M5 horn and the CANsmart:
    "The CANsmart can be used to power just about any horn, the only limitation would be the power draw of the horn, which can not exceed 20A.
    That being said, I would imagine the horn out of a BMW M5 is just a standard disc style horn, which should only be a few amps power draw. He can go ahead and hook up it and then adjust the fuse setting in the CANsmart software accordingly for the horn he is using."

So...hook it up!

And, if you're so inclined, post some pics or video on our page:

Shine On and Show Us Your High Beams

Maybe your pics will help other inmates out the way @JimVonBaden 's video helped you.

Cheers!
    Your Denali Design Team
  8. Zubb

Oddometer:
    Will do!
    Funny thing is . . . . I ran the Denali horn wire to the front of the bike and just tied it off, wondering if I should connect it to the BMW car horn (only mounted the low note, not both the low and high horns). So my horn was still connected in the OEM manner.
    When out on a group ride this weekend I hit the horn button to signal a friend and low and behold the Denali lights PULSED while the horn was sounding.

I was quite surprised and impressed. I assume that the Smartcan was reading the bikes canbus that the horn was sounding and thus pulsed the lights. I had previously assumed I needed to hook the horn, or the soundbomb up to the Smartcans dedicated horn wire. Not so.

Awesome products and thanks for making them do-it-your-selfer friendly!
  9. Zubb

Oddometer:
    Also gotta tell ya, I feel a whole lot better these last few days riding and splitting in CA traffic with the new lights and the B6 brake light.

Now that I have Denali's horn wiring ran to the front . . . and I'm sure as heck not going to take it off unless I have the bike stripped down again for some other reason, . . . is there something I could wire to the horn wire terminals that would be interesting or useful. Hmmmm... Any thought's?
    BruceWA likes this.
  10. VCheng

VCheng Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @DENALI Electronics Can you please help:

Halfway through installing the Denali Cansmart and lights.. Stuck at the Canbus connection. The moment I plug it in the TPMS module, the bike gives an error. None of the lights or horn work. Stumped. The Cansmart cannot connect to the canbus.
  11. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    PM sent--we'll get you sorted quickly!
    VCheng likes this.
  12. VCheng

VCheng Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank for your kind attention. The unit was deemed to be faulty by Twisted Throttle and is being exchanged.
    BruceWA and DENALI Electronics like this.
  13. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    gadgettr1 likes this.
  14. VCheng

VCheng Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Update: Th new unit works perfectly. I just need some more time to work out the final wiring.
    twistedthrottle and BruceWA like this.
  15. twistedthrottle

twistedthrottle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are really glad to hear that you are back in business with your set-up! Denali has a vendor thread that a number of people have contributed pics and videos to. Check it out here--> Shine On And Show Us Your Highbeams

Feel free to add pics if you are so inclined!

Ride on and ride safely!
    VCheng likes this.
  16. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    Summer is officially over, and the days are getting short.
    Are you still riding, because we are. We don't let the dark slow us down, we just show it who's boss
    by lighting up all the dark corners, and making ourselves visible to everyone out there!

Screenshot_2019-10-18 DENALI Electronics - LED Lights, CANsmart Controllers, Horns, More.png

Denali D4s and D7s are going to give you visibility in the waning daylight, and a Denali B6 Brake Light
    will make you way more visible to those commuters coming up behind you.

Screenshot_2019-10-18 Cruiser Custom Motorcycle.png

As the days get shorter, stay safe out there. Whether you are extending your day of adventure into the dark hours, or
    commuting home after a long day at work, make sure you are visible!!​
    Zubb likes this.
  17. VCheng

VCheng Been here awhile

Oddometer:

This D7/D4/B6 lighting setup is da bomb. Lovin' it!
  18. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    So glad to hear you are loving your new set-up! Ride on!
  19. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    Daylight Savings Time is coming to an end, and darkness is coming sooner in the day. If you are looking for lighting and sound products to help keep you safe this fall, Twisted Throttle has a whole bunch of Denali products on sale during their Overstock Sale. They've been adding new product regularly, so if you haven't looked in a while, now is the time.
  20. DENALI Electronics

Oddometer:
    Holiday savings has started at
    Twisted Throttle!

No coupon needed to save up to 26% on select CANsmart Canbus controllers

denali holiday2.jpg denali holiday 1.jpg