1. eNewsletter Sign Up

~Denver inmates who have sold on craigslist lately, odd messages from stage name

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Krang, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Krang

Krang Rides with hippies

Oddometer:
    Hello folks,

I have my DR650 up for sale locally on CraigsList.

I keep getting messages from what appears to be the same person "Stage Name", and this isn't the first time I've gotten messages from them. Has anyone else who's listed anything locally gotten messages from this person? Sometimes it seems like a bot, sometimes they seem to have real questions. Anyone have any more information on this? I was thinking maybe it was some type of craigslist communication app that I wasn't familiar with and that was the default name. it's just odd.
  2. IB Mike

IB Mike AKA Yukon Cornelius

Oddometer:
    I've got a couple listings out there, including a bike, here in the Springs. No Stage Name messages.
  3. Plaka

Plaka Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer:
    no. But the scams have been very thick lately. Ask for a phone number and call them. Cuts down on flakes.
  4. Krang

Krang Rides with hippies

Oddometer:
    that was the interesting part, one of the messages was just a phone number. . which seemed suspect to me.

Hm, interesting. Maybe this person is legit. I got a note from them about not responding to them(I had) and they were going to report me.

It's just odd.
  5. Plaka

Plaka Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer:
    Report you? Totally bogus. Worst they can do is flag your ad---and it takes a lot of flags to bring the ad down.
  6. Krang

Krang Rides with hippies

Oddometer:
    Eh, is what it is. If I get flagged and have to take it down, that just means it's back in the beginning of the queue when it comes time to re-post it.
  7. ozmoses

ozmoses Contrary

Oddometer:

relevant info:

http://www.eskimo.com/~newowl/Flagged_FAQ.htm

© copyright Newowl 2011 All rights reserved. This document may not be reproduced, in whole or part, by any person for any purpose. This document or any part of this document may be linked as desired. If anyone wishes to link to a portion of the document that does not contain a convenient link please contact the authors, links can and will be added.