Desert Minimalism: Springtime Adjustafork Odyssey

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, Apr 6, 2019.

1. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh, hell yeah, chairs!
    SuperChuck likes this.
  2. OPNYD

OPNYD Not good; but I’m better than I was...

Oddometer:

Is it a coincidence we observed lizards after the “censored” cloud or just me? Ahem...
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  3. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    another great ride Joe,,,, thanks
  4. kvango

kvango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They survived with adjustaforks. :deal

5758D83F-D36A-4B4C-8243-1DC846920F64.jpeg
    sick_boy, outbacktm, WRing FL and 8 others like this.
  5. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    Assholes. You ain't getting it yet are ya. I'm not a chair hater. I like chairs. I use them daily. Rocking chairs, table chairs, stools, La Z Boy (although don't currently own one). I'm just not going to bring one if it hampers my riding. That is basic ADV-F protocol. If you want to bring a chair and ride gravel all day, more power to you! I even like doing that from time to time. We'll start a new website called Geriatric Rider for this class.
  6. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Yeah, let's make it happen.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  7. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    There's been other documentation in these indian writings that suggest a crude Adjustafork may have been key for their existence.
  8. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    No.
    • :lol2
  9. KLRalph

KLRalph Because KTMalph sounds funny

Oddometer:
    We'll start a new website called Geriatric Rider for this class.

Hey, I resemble that remark!:lol3
    chudzikb likes this.
  10. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Perfect...bwahahahahaha. Would like to toast some crow with you someday :nod
  11. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Epilogue:

I like to ride motorcycles. Preferably dirt bikes. This obsession seems to get worse as the years go on. It is an integral part of my life and I’ll do anything I can to be able to ride as much as I can.
    day15a - 1.jpg

Thank you all for amusing me here on Adventuretalker. You guys are good sports to play along with my nonsense. I don’t take this stuff too seriously as you’ve probably realized. However, I do think recreation is important. VERY important. My thinking is that if more people in the world found something that they enjoyed doing (and did it), we’d all be better off. I think our friend @mapmaker demonstrates the need for recreation.
    He knew he was going in a bad direction and had to do something. Lucky for him, he has motorcycles and was able to blow out for a bit before he blew up. I think it’s good to come into work and randomly and excitedly yell “WOOOOOOOOOOO!” at your co-workers while looking them directly in the eye. Much better than calling them assholes. Maybe sneak a cup of croffee on your break. What might seem a little insane is actually the way to keep sane. I tip my hat to you “cube dwellers”. I couldn’t do it. I’d lose it. And that makes me understand why many people do lose it.

Hot Stuff and I are currently in the midwest hanging out with my pops. I have my 950 Stupid Enduro with me. It’s not exactly a “woods bike” but we adapt. I’m just doing quick hits. Mostly day trips. Practicing action selfies.
    5E084918-2D6A-4B36-9530-DA593C1608C7.jpeg

I’d like to do a longer journey while I'm here but I don’t think I’ll have time. I’d like to apply my desert Adventure Rider Fundamentalism methods to eastern riding. Someone said you NEED to carry a chair because the ground is often very wet. I almost bought that for about 60 seconds and then blew that theory to bits by sitting on my tarp the other day after a rain.
    8AB0BCD4-B173-4578-90DA-BA26F47222D1.jpeg
    Let the chair argument continue. I’d like to hear some more unfounded reasoning for bringing one. One might argue that you can bring a chair when you’re riding in the east because there’s really no terrain challenging enough for an overloaded bike. Well, that’s another story for another time.

The ride I just rambled about this spring is typical. We also roll into the desert with our trucks (chairs and all) for a couple days of day riding fairly often.
    P1020826.JPG

But my favorite is rolling out light and sleeping under the stars with no commitments and no responsibilities.
    fullsizeoutput_90e.jpeg

It's hard to beat wandering aimlessly and enjoying whatever comes along.
    day15a - 1 (1).jpg

I’m really looking forward to the fall riding season which is by far my favorite and is the longest stretch of free time for me. I plan on riding a bunch. I’m here for a good time, not a long time. Until the next time friends. :flip
  12. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    ADV-G: Adventure Rider Geriatric. I'm getting close. Thanks for another epic tale.

Signed,
    Reluctant Cube Dweller
    Joe Motocross and jays100 like this.
  13. bbanker

bbanker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Poetic end to a great report @Joe Motocross. Appreciate the time taken to craft it, hope you're enjoying the midwest (and all its flatness - can say that since I went to school/college there...lol).

Safe travels on all the roads you take man :ricky
    yakawars59 and Cabrito like this.
  15. Kyron

Kyron Oncler Inds

Oddometer:
    Any more pictures of your truck?

Does the shell come off?
  16. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    RE: Chair (sadly that's writing a memo subject cubical style :wink:)
    Ok so I live and ride on the mid-east coast (trips are not near as epic as our DMSAO host MJ), it's wet and swampy humid in the summer, NO CHAIR, in fact I've bought a Helinox and some other REI knock off 2x and returned them both unused. I do confess at times I pack a"chair sling" for my sleeping pad, so maybe that's a quasi cheater-chair? I discovered I really don't need one and if I'm riding/camping with my buds there's always a few that bring chairs, so I mooch off them if needed and slap my sorry azz down in one of their's while they stumble to the woods to pee or after they pass out from slinging pappy's secret recipe all night around the campfire :beer
    p.s. enjoy the time with your pops
  17. theailer

theailer xr650r 2002

Oddometer:
    Referring to the picture of naked Joe. How does one get so very tanned knees?
  18. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Excellent! More Utah can never hurt.
  19. Buckee

Buckee Scott

Oddometer:
    Ok asshole :thumb I’ll bite. On the east coast we ride in tunnels of foliage which we rarely can see beyond, but hide marvels of wildlife and water that amaze us and the noobs we bring along. We pray for gaps in the trees to see your kind of vistas, but also thank goodness for the tunnels that hide us because the trails age from dirt to gravel to gated or paved so fast once some intrepid SUV explorer finds them. Those “people” we both like but just not close by are here, but much closer & procreating like rabbits, and there’s so little public land - so we add the thrill of stealth to string together hardcore long rides. Credit @VanillaSocks
    [​IMG]

There’s lots of wondrous & challenging stuff here - wet is more the norm & you know what joys that brings - but every now and then some really nice people save your ass from a jam. It’s not as easy to ride for isolated miles and miles and miles and kilometers, but there’s a thrill in the hunt for those who work to find it. Credit @valongbeard
    [​IMG]

There are also places to get naked, and if you do it right, cinnamon bourbon peaches on the fork for dessert. You’d like a ride or two here.

Thanks for an awesome RR - and my PC wallpaper at work! You have a place to crash here anytime.
  20. azbrown

azbrown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rock on Joe Motocross..... Rock on.