Desert Minimalism: Springtime Adjustafork Odyssey

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, Apr 6, 2019.

1. everready

everready Stuck in Ohio....Ugh!!!

Oddometer:
    You made me choke on my coffee. Damn that's funny.
    scudo and SAM13 like this.
  2. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, that's real fuqin funny. I guess if I start carrying a chair, all my problems will be solved. We coulda probably used it for a bridge to get Buuuuurrt across the river also.
  3. maloryII

maloryII ey brah Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good thing your battle buddy has enough room in that Giant Loop for a handle of Crow and a few extra cups!
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  4. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    There was just a splash of Crow left in my bottle that leaked. Just enough for the morning croffee ritual.
    IMG_5106.jpg

No change in the depth of the river.
    IMG_5104.jpg

We go for an alternate route toward the next town.
    fullsizeoutput_7fa.jpeg

Perfect weather. Rolling fast covering ground.
    IMG_5246.jpg

Too many good photos to choose from.
    IMG_5247.jpg
    IMG_5248.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg

Because we can. This is adventure.
    IMG_5251.jpg
    Nick MN, Will Rogers, scudo and 19 others like this.
  5. Slick13

Slick13 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Incredible landscape, you're out there nailing it again JM. Stoked to see the winter thaw is over, and that you're back in action. Give it hell.
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  6. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    [​IMG]

That doesn't look like any fun at all!!! :dunno :lol3

I've been kind of lusting after a new KTM300tpi due to the better fuel mileage. I'm impressed at the older 300 getting 40+mpg. My last 2 stroke, a 1997 KTM360EXC. got 12mpg just about no matter how I rode it. 3.7 gallon tank dead empty in 50 miles. Ride reports like this do little to quell my lust :raabia :raabia :raabia

Carry on.
  7. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    We gas up and take a break in the park making some sandwiches with the leftover steak from the night before.
    fullsizeoutput_7ba.jpeg

It’s mid-day and we’ve got some ground to cover to get to the trucks. South wind is picking up ahead of the next storm moving in.
    fullsizeoutput_7ed.jpeg

We stumble onto a dude who has this “Adventure” machine. He’s getting ready to roll to Alaska on it. Some people might call that “Adventure”. I know better…..
    IMG_5255.JPG
    scudo, mbanzi, Halen and 7 others like this.
  8. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was just out there with the wife, hiking. Saw a guy that looked like you in Moab, did a double take, but, was not sure. Frozen meat, standard boyscout back packing trick. Used it all the time. Although, sometimes, they did not thaw enough, that was annoying. However, if we had adjustaforks, would have worked just fine!

Have you ever done that 100 plus mile trail in Canyonlands? (Island in the sky region) That looked like an amazing route, just did not have the time to do any of it. Sadly...
  9. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Wasn't me around Moab. I generally try to avoid that zone at this time of the season. Too busy for me. I'm guessing your asking about the Enduro Loop that runs out to the north. It's a very worthy route and fairly well marked. Tons of great routes around that zone.
  10. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Now it’s onto a section of my favorite overly exploited trail, the TAT.
    fullsizeoutput_7fb.jpeg

We’ve been warned by TATers in the past to not attempt this section of trail. We generally throw caution to the wind and chance it. I’m not sure how we survive.
    fullsizeoutput_7c0.jpeg

Next up, some super “flowy” atv trails.
    fullsizeoutput_7fc.jpeg

We decide to do a route we haven’t done for a while. It’s a fairly technical route very popular with the “rock crawler” crowd.
    fullsizeoutput_7bd.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7be.jpeg

We always analyze these routes and note if they are feasible on the big 950 Superenduros. We figure this one would be challenging but probably ok for two guys. We kind of wrote it off for a solo big bike route.
    fullsizeoutput_7fd.jpeg

Again, too many good photos to choose from.
    fullsizeoutput_7de.jpeg

The route dumps us into a high speed wash.
    fullsizeoutput_7fe.jpeg

After a few miles on a graded road we crest the last hill and roll back to the trucks. It was a good little warm-up ride and definitely helped clear some cobwebs. Now it’s time to get ready for the longer stint.
    fullsizeoutput_7f2.jpeg
    scudo, powderzone, lvscrvs and 19 others like this.
  11. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Two people and six sandwiches? Or are you feeding the production crew too?
    ChicoProf and Dillard like this.
  12. chudzikb

Oddometer:
    Moab was not that crowded, but, might have been the lousy weather we had. Snow, what's up with that? Saw a lot of bikes, mountain bikes, everywhere. Truly enjoyed our time in your piece of the country. Canyonlands had very few people, truly a gem, that trail was the white rim trail. I will be back for that some day.
  13. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    That may give you an idea about the level of exertion that it takes to ride these types of routes day after day. You gotta keep yourself fed and watered well for this type of beat down. We ain't just cruising gravel roads.
    Ginger Beard, theailer and yamalama like this.
  14. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Yeah, "crowded" is partly perspective of course. Bad weather (which we've had plenty of and more to come) thins people out also. Most folks I know who live there try to make an exit at this time of the season. It's getting pretty crazy. Recently my buddy Inzane got hung up for 1/2 hour from the Colorado River to his house in town which amounts to a few miles distance. Glad you had a good experience.
    Ah, The White Rim. It's pretty spectacular. It's basically a 100 mile two track loop, nothing too technical. It can be done on bigger bikes. Pretty cool dugways dropping down to the rim and climbing back up. Scenery is excellent.
    Ginger Beard and ChicoProf like this.
  15. slogger

slogger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn, those sandwiches look tasty!
    RedDogAlberta and Joe Motocross like this.
  16. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    It looks like we’re going to see a window of nice weather later this week with a storm rolling through on Sunday. As of now, the storm doesn’t look all that serious. I’m getting my stuff together and will try to roll out Weds or Thurs.

A huge part of these journeys revolves around the Adjustafork. Not only does it provide tasty and nourishing meals, it’s pretty damn fun. Pretty much every dinner gets cooked on the Adjustafork and then the leftovers are lunch for the next day.

Somehow I’ve duped you a-holes into believing these things are a legitimate product. You Inmates sure are gullible. A few of you asked if I would make a few forks for you. Now I’m shipping them regularly. The issue is when I’m not at worldwide headquarters of Adjustafork; shipping comes to a halt. Bad for business. So I’m trying to figure out how I can deploy a few caches scattered around the desert where I can swing through and grab a few forks to ship over the next few weeks. Not sure how this is going to shake out, stay tuned.
    JonBu, MKJ, Burro driver and 10 others like this.
  17. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    Well shit... I'd thought this adjustafork stuff was silly, and was just here for the cool ride report. But, now that I've watched that video, I'm sold and gotta have one! :bmwrider

I'm headed to my local Walmart pronto to pick one up. :thumbup
    Magus and Joe Motocross like this.
  18. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I think it's obvious that this is the real deal. Be careful of cheap Chinese knock-offs.
    yamalama and Skowinski like this.
  19. jays100

jays100 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey, that's fork-off for the uninformed (couldn't resist....)
  20. chudzikb

Oddometer:
    Get the fork out! And cook!