Desert Sled bar width

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Scratch n Dent, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Scratch n Dent

Scratch n Dent Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, new here so hope this is posted properly. I'm a vertically challenged (5'3") female rider in the market for a new bike. Like many others I'm hoping for a lightweight off road capable bike. Until that unicorn appears I was lookin at the DS. Any short riders out there that have driven one and can comment on the bar width and placement?
  2. Max Kool

Max Kool Xtankteam™

Oddometer:
    The width is around 83cms. Which is fairly standard/common for this type of bike. And if you needed to there is room to make it narrower.

It's the reach to the bars that should worry you, especially on U-turns, parking lot navigating, etc. I am much taller at 5'10" and found the stock bar position too far away. Luckily, this can be fixed with a set of adjustable aftermarket bar clamps, like these:

[​IMG]

With these you can move the bars up to around 15mm closer than stock, which made a lot of difference for me. And you can also move them up to 15mm higher, which in your case may not be necessary. I bought them here. Call them and you can order them without bars which makes them 80 bucks cheaper.
    danketchpel likes this.
  3. Scratch n Dent

Scratch n Dent Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I'm about 7 hrs from the nearest dealer so trying to fit in a trip to at least sit on one.
    Max Kool likes this.
  4. Gordon Bennett

Gordon Bennett Just you wait

Oddometer:
    Bearing in mind your height the Desert Sled seat height is 33.9" which is more than other Ducati Scramblers.