Desperate Plea For Help! Please read!!!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Glen, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They found Bob.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They brought in backhoes this am. Drained the pond and found him.
    Thank You all for Your thoughts ,prayers responses and ideas.
    May The Lord Bless You All and keeep You, may His face shine upon You All and give You peace....
    Much Love to All of You....
  2. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    Your link is broken.
  3. pebowles

pebowles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK so I'm a cynical a-hoe but this smells like troll to me. What is the fellow's name, why is there no Hood County news on this item, how can some guy get lost on 150 acres, why do Glen's friends have shitty things happen to them?
    Of course, in one sense I hope I'm wrong (ie that Christi's stepfather really is in trouble and some nice folks will find him) but my Timmy the Dying Boy indicator is blinking.
    Glen, if you can post a link to any news story or other corroboration I will apologize.
  4. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Anyone try the phone number?
  5. urbancowboy

urbancowboy Vicious Cycler

Oddometer:
    finally a thread within my ken.

in my experience (7 years vol F.D., paid P.D.) this is definitely not how Search and Rescue Operations are conducted.

at least it is an accurate weather forecast.
    any more details?
  6. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They found Bob.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They brought in backhoes this am. Drained the pond and found him.
    Thank You all for Your thoughts ,prayers responses and ideas.
    May The Lord Bless You All and keeep You, may His face shine upon You All and give You peace....
    Much Love to All of You....
  7. danbrew

danbrew GSAdv.com

Oddometer:
    Well... The 441 number is a TMobile number registered in Grandprari, TX. The other number is a land line registered to Bob & Kathy Rider in Hico, TX.

Sounds a little odd, but perhaps it's real. Not sure how much help an internet board is gonna provide - you'd think that they'd be calling the local television stations and the like.
  8. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bob is her stepdad and Kathy is her Mom.
    He is on Meds that he needs every 3 hours and has not had them since 8pm last night, suffers from Parkinsons...none of this is good math. They are desperate for any help as the tmps drop, sun went down adn the searchers went home, all they have until daybreak are the volunteers.
    Thx,
    Glen
  9. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bob is 66 yrs old 5ft 8 inches wearing Blue dickies overalls, black and blue flannel jacket, wearing glasses and does not have his teeth in, dogs picked up a scent 2 fields over. News will not release the story until Police release him as missing person which they have not done yet. That is all I have for now, there is no cellular coverage there and I just spoke to Christi's sister and there are 15 volunteers pushing forward from where the dogs and rescuers stopped at dark.
  10. Frank Warner

Frank Warner Traveller

Oddometer:
    The place has been searched for one day. In day light. 150 acres.
    They try tracking him? After you have people roming around all night the tracks will be gone. Sorry but I don't see much chance of finding him at night when a day light search found nothing.

_____
    I'm in Australia. What can I do? Good luck. That is about it. Same with others not in the local vicinity. Try the local radio/tv stations and papers.

--- Edit - dogs track at night FYFFs keep going till they loose him and start from there in daylight .... ya pussies.
  11. pebowles

pebowles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If there are any deer hunters around, there must be some folks with night vision apparatus, esp. infrared. Check your local gun club, send an extra realtive down to the local sports bars (there is, needless to say, an overlap between sports bar patrons and hunters).
  12. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know, just trying to help anyway I can. They took the dogs away just after dark. The family doesnt want to stop and continued with the volunteers where the dogs left off. It will of course ruin the scent and tracks but dressed the way he is with his frail health they feel if they do not find him soon....My best hope is that someone picked him up and turned him into a hospital somewhere delirious from the lack of meds and cold as a John DOe...That is my prayer.
    Sincere thanks to all who offered help, prayers and thoughtful ideas.

PS the only other time I asked for help here was when my friend Brad went down hard on his bike coming down from Vail. He is back up to speed fianlly and is the Somolier(sp?) at Hotel Luna in Denver now, so those thoughts and prayers really paid off. Thanks again, I will post here the results no matter what.
  13. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great idea! Thank You, we have a guy from the Safari Club who is a local Blacksmith in the search currently so I will pursue that further as soon as they check in again.
  14. dvgonzo

dvgonzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here in Albuquerque seems like they are always having people get lost in the mountains. They take a police helicopter up and use the infrared detectors on board and as long as the person is still alive or warm they show up. They have even found some people in pretty heavily treed areas. I do not know where the nearest Police Copter is up there, but hey, that is why we pay for all this fancy gear they have. I bet the Texas State Cops have one.
  15. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great point, they tried today but the low ceiling and cloud cover eliminated that option is my understanding. I wish they could get the bird in the air...very difficult times for her and her family,Thanks for the ideas I will keep everyone posted.
  16. Krautbikeman

Krautbikeman Failed Anger Mgt #$%@#$%^

Oddometer:
    If you really want some attention to this matter, the thread needs to be moved to Jo Momma or to the Central Regional Forum, IMHO.

GSpot ain't the right place. PM a mod for help...
  17. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:

He posted this in three forums, including Central.

Most people look subject first, then forum.

As for Jo Momma; I think there is more traffic in the regular forums, just more active post'n regulars in Jo Momma that makes JM look very active but it really is the same 20 folks post'n on every thread. Or is it Rider post'n 20 times :lol3

Good luck with the search.
  18. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for everything. No new news yet and all of the suggestions have been acted upon and are very much appreciated. Warmest persoanl regards to all from all of Us. We are very Thankful for every Thought, Idea and Prayer that has come from everyone. The Pros are showing up again and anyone who has ATV's, Motorcycles, horses, Search Dogs,Hunters in the area, the Boy Scouts, NASAR, that have been mentioned have been contacted through this and many other networks and are encouraged to participate. I will keep You all abreast no matter what the outcome, I am sincerely thankful for Everything
  19. Krautbikeman

Krautbikeman Failed Anger Mgt #$%@#$%^

Oddometer:
    Right you are Rad. I don't normally poke around in Central...

Is Rider posting a lot? I hadn't noticed... :evil

Good luck Glen! :thumb
  20. Glen

Glen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    An update from Bob's wife...

Hi, All,
    I want to thank you for your prayers and concerns and to give you an update.
    We have not found Bob yet. He's been missing since 8 pm on Tuesday. We had at least 30 people here until 3 a.m. Wednesday. They were back at 8 am yesterday morning and searched all day until 6 pm. We had family and friends and half of Hico here all day joining in and calling, people on horseback, 4-wheelers, etc. They had divers to look in the pond. A hound dog to trace his steps. An airplane circling overhead until the weather just got too bad to see. Family, friends and volunteers went out late last night for a few hrs looking under acres & acres of cedar trees and places where he might have gone to keep warm. Bob has hunted all his life, mostly in Oregon where temp was always freezing or snowing. So, he knows survival skills. He hasn't had his meds, though, since Tuesday night, and that will affect his movement, speed, agility, thinking ability, etc. He has no id on him, so we have contacted hospitals in the area as well. Christi's boss, Glen Gatlin has also used the internet to make everyone aware of Bob missing and we're getting a lot of responses and prayers. Right now we have approx 30-50 horses just unloaded to help in the search.

My only request is that you continue to pray for us. We have to be optimistic. God knows where Bob is. He has to know we believe enough in him to ask for his help and he will reveal his whereabouts to us. We have prayer chains going across the United States and even in Iraq. So, please just keep us in your prayers. I am doing fine. I have my kids and other family members & friends around me. And others on the way.

Kat