Details on 2014 690 enduro r?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by BigTony, Jul 3, 2013.

1. EnduroFever

EnduroFever BRAAAP!

Oddometer:
    I have been trying to find the spark plug model numbers used in our 2015 models so I have sparks on hand for an upcoming ride.

After an hours and a half I walked away with merely a couple of possible KTM part numbers based on last years Duke using the par finder (thinking they likely use the same plugs LC4/Dual ignition).

I would really appreciate the actual NGK part numbers if anyone has them.
  2. itnanti

itnanti aka "cautious cotta"

Oddometer:

Great 400$ levers
  3. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day.

Oddometer:
    RTFM :deal
  4. EnduroFever

EnduroFever BRAAAP!

Oddometer:
    Double post...
  5. EnduroFever

EnduroFever BRAAAP!

Oddometer:

Doh! I forgot that KTM manual actually contain specs...

Feels like I just missed second gear in the middle of an intersection... Move along folks, nothing to see here...
  6. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Plugs
    69139093000 (LMAR7A-9)

The first one doesn't show a NGK number, the first one is $24 and the second $45. :eek1

On a different note, a customer came in with this yesterday, bought the bike from us a month or two ago.
    :tb
    [​IMG]
  7. EnduroFever

EnduroFever BRAAAP!

Oddometer:

Thanks! Maybe I won't bother picking up spares for a ride later this month... Are 690s known for fouling plugs easily? Maybe just pack a gapper?!?
  8. Magile

Magile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb BTW, what's taped to the right passenger peg mount? - M.

9. thumpididump

thumpididump MacGyver

Oddometer:
    :rofl

that's what I thought.

I've been emailing Steve back and forth at Midwest Mountain Engineering about their clutch lever. The brake lever they sell won't fit the 2014 model, but he feels pretty confident that their Magura2 clutch lever should work. Here is a snippet of his reply:

"However, the reason I said that it would fit your bike is that the 2013 model shows a clutch safety switch (item 25) which is missing from the fiche for the 2014 bike. My assumption is that they did away with that switch. My lever does not have the switch actuation cam that would be required for the older bikes that have the safety switch. If your bike indeed does not use a safety switch that is activated by the lever then it will fit and properly push the piston in the MC. If you would like to try one out I have a warranty against defects in satisfaction so that you can return it for a refund if it doesn't work out. "

I've decided to take the plunge and order one, so it looks like I'll be the gunea pig. If it fits without too much messing around, then great. If it doesn't work, well then, I guess I'll return it and all I will have lost is the shipping fees.
  10. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the evap canister. He's been riding it a little but is still working on it.
  11. mrpincher

mrpincher Life is one long day

Oddometer:

Hey Beeners - In my case I had fine dust lining the air box both times I checked. The last time I checked the air box I also had a small spattering of oil. The bike had been tossed around a bit due to slippery mud and poor riding skills. So I presume that's where the oil entered the airbox.

It was clear the stock filter wasn't 100% effective. I didn't feel like opening the airbox to check up on HOW much dirt was in it after my riding in the dusty west Texas & New Mexico landscapes. So I opted for the air filter upgrade from BMC. It has been reported here this filter is close to 100% effective. Based on how tight the thing fits in the airbox - no doubt these folks are aiming at a tight seal between the filter and the rim of the airbox.

This filter is said to last a lifetime with periodic maintenance. Based on the way the thing fits - I bet it does what it's supposed to.

Mike
  12. DRglidarn

DRglidarn Panzer pilot

Oddometer:
    Video instruktion on how to use all three ABS Modes with the Offroad ABS Dongle installed, and how to install it. Thanks to our inmate KGSloan who made it clear to us in this thread before :)

Do i need to say that I'm really happy with the dongle installed :deal

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BYcPEE7hs58" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  13. EnduroFever

EnduroFever BRAAAP!

Oddometer:
    I have read and re-read http://ktm690.info/index.php/Canisterectomy_-_Bartron but still remain confused as to why the resistor is still needed if the valve is NOT present of the 2014 models to keep the light off. What am I missing?!?

If it is needed then I am under the impression that http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAS-Valve-R...77?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3ce474564d is simply a bit more tidy/bulky way to bring in the resistor. Directions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B-li4voH6VV6j-EGeyohVNzuH4xYXFF_LhbUcugUe7Q/edit

Has anyone bothered with the plate on the 2014 models as well? I would like to tidy this up a bit now that my new slip-on is on it's way.
  14. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't give you a definitive answer as I did not put a lot of miles on my bike prior to the installation of the stabilizer and sub mount kit. It does seem to be an improvement in vibration transmitted by the road. Also, I am happy with the bar position after installing it. I'm pretty short (5'9") but the slightly increased bar height made it a little more comfortable for me. FWIW
  15. Capt CF

Capt CF Pontificating Nobody

Oddometer:
    +1 - I had about 1000 miles or so on mine when I installed the Scotts with sub mount, but I do ride a lot of high speed gravel and it definitely improved the sloppiness in the front end. Like Brilloman I also was happy with the bar position after the install.
  16. Magile

Magile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm curious which bushings you & Brilloman use on your BRP rubber sub mounts. Red, Blue or a combo? Thanks, M.

from http://brpmoto.com/products?page=sh...page.pbv.tpl&product_id=2603&category_id=1772

[​IMG]
  17. Capt CF

Capt CF Pontificating Nobody

Oddometer:
    I threw the red on there. I think those were medium or something and the others were soft? It comes with both so you could always experiment with it if you wanted to. I like how it came out so I haven't bothered to change them out yet.
  18. Motomochila

Motomochila Moto Scientist and time traveler

Oddometer:
    I went for the ultimate in "Cush".....after five broken wrists in 20 years. Rubber Sub-mount and Flex Bars. Did this on my 500 too. best setup I've ever ridden with
    [​IMG]
  19. Else

Else Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I ordered the dongle a few weeks ago.
  20. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 I figured I would start with the red and liked it so I didn't see a reason to try the blue.